Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Mayhem - Moan, Ramp, Go Nuts

Paul

Posted

Problem is we all live in hope, we fell for it one and we will fall for it again.

Indeed we will, today I thinking about taking a break from model watching for a bit just like I did a week or so ago when first bite of the cherry failed but now there's already extremely early hints that the next rollercoaster ride may not be too far around the corner, you literally could not make it up lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Ive come out of my moody slump now onwards and upwards gettin ready for round 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Why have the sun got an article about the transport people being ready for the -15 weather? I think they are a bit behind :-)

yeah, it should be get ready for the flooding, horrendous floods misery washout Xmas, would be a much more realistic headline

Indeed we will, today I thinking about taking a break from model watching for a bit just like I did a week or so ago when first bite of the cherry failed but now there's already extremely early hints that the next rollercoaster ride may not be too far around the corner, you literally could not make it up lol

The Problem with the model discussion thread is that there are too many egos in there trying to impress everybody with fancy weather terminology. When these people then write "Epic run" "No way back for cold from here" everybody including me gets taken in with the hype. The model output definitely needs to be more balanced. I will miss Ian F's posts.

Posted

Why have the sun got an article about the transport people being ready for the -15 weather? I think they are a bit behind :-)

A good thing to come out of this might be that people will now disregard these headlines, which even when cold spells are going to happen, are ridiculously exaggerated.

Unfortunately as Mark says above, the actual headlines are going to be flood related by circa Dec 17.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

A good thing to come out of this might be that people will now disregard these headlines, which even when cold spells are going to happen, are ridiculously exaggerated.

Unfortunately as Mark says above, the actual headlines are going to be flood related by circa Dec 17.

so what happens if a very cold spell does happen people now will think it aint true and eceryone will get caught out and it could spell disaster

Posted

joe laminate floori just tweeted that european winter to be coldest since 62/63 so there must ne something being seen

joe b

Joe is a notorious ramper, who has in the past denied that 'mild' charts are going to happen when they are just T48 away. He has forecasted many freezes that have never happened in years gone by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aaaarrgghhhhh!!!! But it's always only ever in FI!!!!!

post-13544-0-04037700-1355001878.gif

Bish

That's why it's called FI...

Posted

so what happens if a very cold spell does happen people now will think it aint true and eceryone will get caught out and it could spell disaster

It's the boy who cried wolf isn't it ? I don't think I've had as many people asking me about the headlines in the last couple of days compared to previous ramping, as this time the METO have got involved to some extent with some medium range outlooks that we now know are erroneous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Seriously, you need to take time out. you are gutted and devastated because it's not going to snow and get cold?

35 people lost their jobs yesterday, turned up for work and the gates were locked. just in time for Christmas. now that's devastation.

You might think that is bad but my football team have now lost 7 games on bounce. :)

Only joking, that's terrible news any time of year never mind Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

joe laminate floori just tweeted that european winter to be coldest since 62/63 so there must ne something being seen

joe b

Joe laminate's floori's real job is writing Daily Express headlines :-)

Posted

It's the boy who cried wolf isn't it ? I don't think I've had as many people asking me about the headlines in the last couple of days compared to previous ramping, as this time the METO have got involved to some extent with some medium range outlooks that we now know are erroneous.

Just seen your signature I B , I have a little song (magic spell) for you :)

Posted

Scare tactics, my poor grandad used to believe everything in the papers :-(

Joe laminate's floori's real job is writing Daily Express headlines :-)

Lol

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

The Problem with the model discussion thread is that there are too many egos in there trying to impress everybody with fancy weather terminology. When these people then write "Epic run" "No way back for cold from here" everybody including me gets taken in with the hype. The model output definitely needs to be more balanced. I will miss Ian F's posts.

u may have a point there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Other names spring to mind, but I doubt I'd get them past the forum profanity filter.

Bish

You mean like the anagram of Rybis Ponce?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Sheffield Wednesday I presume?

Bish

Could be worse, you could support Pompey like meee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Anyone up for gathering on our western coast and all pushing together? I'd definitely be up for the UK being about 200 miles further east, that's the margin we always seem to miss the cold by! I'm sure Scandanavia wouldn't ,mind...