Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Mayhem - Moan, Ramp, Go Nuts

Paul

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

i read that and fair enough it doesnt point to the sun affecting anything but thats just saying solar max or solar min it doesnt give sunspot numbers rises or falls and i think it hard to believe that the sun takes 9 months to affect our weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

There is a train of thought that maxima has been and gone and looking at current output that is a very quiet sun. The current trend is already slightly downward and looking at how the cycle works it would seem that it won't really climb from here. on that basis it is even quieter than projections........Maunder rather than a Dalton anyone come 2030??

BFTP

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

i read that and fair enough it doesnt point to the sun affecting anything but thats just saying solar max or solar min it doesnt give sunspot numbers rises or falls and i think it hard to believe that the sun takes 9 months to affect our weather

Have a good slow read, it does not point to the sun not effecting our weather, quite the opposite. As you yourself said, the sun effects us and the weather.. But to what extant, adding other anomalies is unknown,

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

This whole easterly saga has been horrible. There is a lot of over-excitement on the model thread, from those ramping up cold charts to others seeing mild at every turn. It really is not an enjoyable experience reading that thread anymore.

Posted

As a complete novice reading the model thread, it just comes across as a battle of egos trying desperately to out-do each other and prove that their version of the weather will be the one to win out.

Quite frankly, there is very little of educational or forecasting value in that thread and, until people eat a bit of humble,pie, I have a feeling it will remain that way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

As a complete novice reading the model thread, it just comes across as a battle of egos trying desperately to out-do each other and prove that their version of the weather will be the one to win out.

Quite frankly, there is very little of educational or forecasting value in that thread and, until people eat a bit of humble,pie, I have a feeling it will remain that way.

here here!! Well said thats exactly what i was going to say few mins ago 1 post says thing then next post says something else i know no body knows whats gna happen its like you said. Hit the nail on the head there mate

Posted

I'm getting some really mixed messages in the MOD thread, there are some who are more or less telling me "nothing to see here, come back in few weeks" whilst others are like "Wait!, there may yet still be something of interest" In any case I guess I'll know the answer soon enough.

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted

Quadruple hmmmmmm............<_<

Rrea00119441217.gif

What are you? A barbershop quartet? ;)

Seriously though, I see that what most are hoping for is not without precedent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

how can it take 9 months for the sun to affect the weather

Have no idea I just go told that It might be wrong but if it was to rise the effects would also go 9 months later it has to do with the energy from the sun which doesn't travel at the speed of light...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

personally i think this time we are going to nail it and get our really cold and snowy spell just a funny feeling i have

Posted

Ctrl F for 'lag' and press the arrows it says many years at some points but its max is about 2 years depending of the low.

Posted

personally i think this time we are going to nail it and get our really cold and snowy spell just a funny feeling i have

it doesn't come down to the sun we have had many snowy and cold winters without being in a solar minima.

Posted

Well I'm sure about that but you'd to think like that if we keep on getting chances then we will eventually end up hitting the jackpot before this winters out.

That's my glass half full comment for the night anyway.

Posted

This whole easterly saga has been horrible. There is a lot of over-excitement on the model thread, from those ramping up cold charts to others seeing mild at every turn. It really is not an enjoyable experience reading that thread anymore.

I agree, and where is glacier point to help us out when we need him,he gave us hope and something to cling on to, he seems to have vanished along with the beast from the east

planet thanet

Posted

I got that feeling this winters gna end up like last year very dissapointing really just before the Easterly all looked now tbh looks pants

Posted

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better! ...........gonna take me ages to pick these toys up now :-(

Posted

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better! ...........gonna take me ages to pick these toys up now :-(

gna join u AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I got that feeling this winters gna end up like last year very dissapointing really just before the Easterly all looked now tbh looks pants

Dec anyway way worse than last year, saw snow last Dec, and not much rain just 23rd, this Dec for the south looks completely snowless

Scotland due loads of snow, but still maybe not as much as last Dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

I can't bear the suspense! I thought it was in the bag! I was all excited grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

I agree, and where is glacier point to help us out when we need him,he gave us hope and something to cling on to, he seems to have vanished along with the beast from the east

planet thanet

I really don't think you can blame GP for this debacle! In any case, didn't his winter forecast say that January would be the month for cold... I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure he didn't make any reference to a pre-Christmas easterly... But do correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by kate1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I really don't think you can blame GP for this debacle! In any case, didn't his winter forecast say that January would be the month for cold... I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure he didn't make any reference to a pre-Christmas easterly... But do correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah thats right, Dec wasnt meant to be cold, Jan is the month GP forecasts below average, and cold spells in Feb, so a below average winter predicted

Posted

I am not blaming GP , I think he does an excellent job, I was just hoping that he could give us a little hope and encouragement that everything is still on track for after christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yeah thats right, Dec wasnt meant to be cold, Jan is the month GP forecasts below average, and cold spells in Feb, so a below average winter predicted

But winter has been below average: all ten days' of it!