Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 11/01/13 ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

saw some dark clouds coming over here in Leyland. It looks of though it is gonna snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Some talk on the model thread about downgrades to Monday's snow but it looks ok to me.

Obviously downgrades can occur and my last tender would always go on one above an upgrade but we are getting too close in for a major change in either direction so I'm very confident of a snow event, potentially significant one over the vast majority of the region from late Sunday onwards.

Some places could be looking at 24 hours of falling snow, possibly not over heavy but enough for the totals to build up.

I'm certainly quite upbeat about our prospects at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

GFS is a downgrade.

The GFS has never really bought into this wintry spell though and has always looked acted like a kid who wanted to be somewhere else.

However it is worrying when a model downgrades but hopefully it will come to its senses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

saw some dark clouds coming over here in Leyland. It looks of though it is gonna snow here.

Yep we have the dark clouds rolling in this part of leyland too! Btw i didnt know Cuerdan valley was Leyland? I though it was clayton le woods? Or are you meaning the other side of Sue Ryder near Shady Lane?

Posted

I see some dark clouds to the north east of me here in Leyland. I doubt the dark clouds will come, it probably peter out about time when the sun goes in or dies to death over the pennines. The clouds is quite bluey-grey in colour.

blue-cloud1.jpg

same as this colour from here. To be honest I wouldnt rule out a snow flurry or two.

Where is that? I dont reconise that view lol, but its pretty much the same in Leyland town centre, well the outskirts of it near the council offices.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Yep we have the dark clouds rolling in this part of leyland too! Btw i didnt know Cuerdan valley was Leyland? I though it was clayton le woods? Or are you meaning the other side of Sue Ryder near Shady Lane?

I live in clayton-le-woods area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

I live in Wallasey Village, Wirral and the clouds looked really strange about 45 mins ago, I know the sunset is giving a dramatic effect and it looks lovely but they still look strange.

Posted

Looks almost black, surely thats rain?

Posted

If we lucky we may have a dusting in places tonight if thats the case the fronts on Monday will bring snow here. Because it is always very cold when the skies do clear when the snow on the ground.

Posted

I think they are a bunch of losers if you asked me. smile.png

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

Some people on the mod thread are cl-ming the west could end up with nothing at all! What do you guys think?

Always will be a bit more marginal towards the west but I think that those of us in the west of this region have more chance of seeing something than those in the South West.

The updated Met O forecast still looks good for us.

Posted

I believe there going on about places such as Swindon. Don't think they really care about the northwest!

they all suffer from south east/west imby syndrome i dont bother now with the model thread its all about in my back yard and looking for breakdowns does your head in

Posted

I believe there going on about places such as Swindon. Don't think they really care about the northwest!

The northwest never exists in the Model Discussion thread, that's why I don't go there anymore!

Anyway, we need to see the current cloud cover go away to allow the temperatures to plumet.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

they all suffer from south east/west imby syndrome i dont bother now with the model thread its all about in my back yard and looking for breakdowns does your head in

Gets my goat how some well known posters on the MOD thread keep coming out with 'Excellent' 'snowfest' etc etc without qualifying it with a follow-up mention of who for, like everyone lives where they do, invarioably in the e/se etc, and no-one lives anywhere else. can you imagine the silence that would follow if we had a stalling front up this way that left things dry down there?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

The GFS has never really bought into this wintry spell though and has always looked acted like a kid who wanted to be somewhere else.

However it is worrying when a model downgrades but hopefully it will come to its senses.

Yes, sorry btw, when i say downgrade i am not on a wind up i am talking about monday and sunday specific to this region, it is of course an upgrade for the longjevity of cold although again looks like we miss out on pPN although time for tha to change

Posted

Hopefully I'll see a flake unlike Feb last year that'll do for now! Just got to wait for the ecm's thoughts and the gfs later now I guess. Sky is clear here now!

Posted

Gets my goat how some well known posters on the MOD thread keep coming out with 'Excellent' 'snowfest' etc etc without qualifying it with a follow-up mention of who for, like everyone lives where they do, invarioably in the e/se etc, and no-one lives anywhere else. can you imagine the silence that would follow if we had a stalling front up this way that left things dry down there?!!

Yes there is a bit of a south, south-east, east bias on there but given that the majority of members will be from those areas it's understandable. Still the fact that we can even discuss 'cold' and 'snow' is a big step forward this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hmm who do I believe? The MET OFFICE or the eastern biased people in the model thread? Hmm, tough one....................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I'll be happy to see anything here in Wigan (snow-wise) , but i expect it will be the usual dross of rain , as it has been for the last 12 months, the only thing that differs is the temperature ...we get either cool and rain or cold and rain depending on the time of yearfool.gif, i swear i've noticed some webbing starting to develop between my toes...and to think i actually chose to live here 23 years ago...(i'm originally from Birmingham , the snow capital of England)

Edited by Spurry

Posted

Hmm who do I believe? The MET OFFICE or the eastern biased people in the model thread? Hmm, tough one....................

Surely you can't be mad enough to go with the Met Office, what do they know? They clearly don't have any kind of track record on the matter. blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Surely you can't be mad enough to go with the Met Office, what do they know? They clearly don't have any kind of track record on the matter. blum.gif

All I know is they have 2 warnings out for our region, both for snow. :D

Slight upgrade from the Met Office btw - Snow to wintry mix event now, rather than snow to rain. Got a feeling this is going to be a good event. :)