Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I don't like the look of the wind direction on Friday, looks more southerly than south easterly sad.png

That was concerning me too, still time for things to tilt more SE.

Posted

Bog standard rain now sad.png hopefully more snow will come looking at the radar!

At least there is more precipitation than last night!

It was like that about twenty mins ago, and now its pelting down, u might get it in about half hour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just had a flash of lightning

Posted

well I got to say guys I doubted the snow but by s.it we just drove from crickhowell to back home in Nantymoel and am I glad I took the 4x4. left crick and it was sleet went through gilwern ok up big hill then onto heads of valley road,got towards the top and snow and sticking,then got around trefil and it was terrible snow dry and hammering down I was very scared to be honest,then got towards dowlias top and it wasn't to bad,on way to Merthyr and it was sleet,all the way to rhigos mountain and then it hit again very bad conditions and heavy snow,then ok in the valley lots of slush then up bwlch again very bad. I then got home and white by me but I would say the bad snow above 350m. I was glad to see home to be honest,up by trefil was terrible snow. my kids took a few pics will try and get them on here how do I do it? never again will I say no snow for wales ha ha. onionse my self lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

A few flakes of snow hidden in the rain shower here. Not anything to write home about atm. May beef up a bit with evaporative cooling - we'll see.

Really hope that we get some decent snowfall on Friday/Saturday {doing snow dance as we speak/type}

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

That was concerning me too, still time for things to tilt more SE.

Trough will disrupt more than GFS currently suggesting i feel and FAX showing a South Easterly though looks less precip

Posted

Just a hunch dingdong. Dangerous to underestimate the gfs

Agree, v dangerous to dismiss gfs, however look at the vortex and jet profiles. It's just does not look right. Experience tells me this. Big danger really is secondary low Sunday/Monday pushes through the block, this is plausible, however I believe the block will hold firm and fight back

DD

Posted

Where the hell is Andy?

In a snow drift? diablo.gif

Posted

Well, although we have not generally had much in the way of snow, a very enjoyable and grounded evening on here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Radar suggests its going to stop soon but it was nice:) about half an inch settled!

Posted

It's been dry for nearly an hour now in Newport. The heavy precipitation is just a few miles away to the west. Argh!

Yeh - but it's rain here :(((((((

Posted

It's coming down more from the north now, behind the trough, much better snow chances but fewer showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperature has fallen to -0.3c from over 1.0c about 2 hours ago. Started as sleet/rain then quickly turned to snow. Lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It's coming down more from the north now, behind the trough, much better snow chances but fewer showers.

Oh if only these showers were all of snow would be lovely, I love it when we have a streamer of snow showers from the northwest, not loving this wintry muck hail showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Easing off in Sneggy now. Boo! Although hubby is out on a delivery run in Caerphilly so a bit anxious about him ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Back to rain again now haha.

Posted

Agree, v dangerous to dismiss gfs, however look at the vortex and jet profiles. It's just does not look right. Experience tells me this. Big danger really is secondary low Sunday/Monday pushes through the block, this is plausible, however I believe the block will hold firm and fight back

DD

From what i gather,it's not that strong of a block and the cold pool over Europe is also nothing special.I just dont think it will resist too many attacks from the atlantic.

Could be a lot of fun in meantime though