Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Im in neath at the moment and i can confirm i saw a flash of lightning and thunder not long ago and hail. Hopeing this event comes off friday as well, nice to hear some have had some snow which wasnt forecast i believe

Torrential sleet here now, massive squall, winds must be gusting close to 50mph.

Turning to wet snow, freezing out there. not really prob a few degrees above freezing .

Edited by Jackone

Posted

Really heavy snow in Cardiff (ELY ST FAGANS) Huge flakes and sticking

Back end of showers was real snow, settled only on cars and slush on pavements

but positive

However its going to be an icerink out there in morning

Edited by pyrotech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

MetO fax different to the models in regards to it has a stronger block to our North East and the result is it stays very cold into the weekend but there is not as much snow as the atlantic makes very little inroads. So GFS may be too quick bringing in any snow and is overestimating the atlantic push/underestimating the block. Gutted were not joining in the fun tonight here in Pembs, bone dry here and has been much of the night. Happy for everyone who has seen snow though

Edited by bradythemole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Torrential sleet here now, massive squall, winds must be gusting close to 50mph.

Horrible night!

Posted

Doz any1 knw if the snow is comin Fri bbc Wales weather said its comin

The worlds finest super computers can barely get Wednesday right yet nevermind Friday so i think we can take the BBC Wales report with a pinch of salt.

Could well get a foot of snow but there's massive uncertainties.We'll proably have a good idea early Wednesday evening regarding Friday's possible snow.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Turning to wet snow, freezing out there. not really prob a few degrees above freezing .

Radar has it as sleet over youblum.gif

Posted

Sleety here in Barry, with big flakes. Didn't expect anything apart from horrible cold rain.

Light snow now, but big flakes

Edited by scoggs

Posted

Horrible night!

I love nights like this! Everything but the kitchen sink!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Pretty much finished now. Hopefully some showers head this way and add to the dusting:) would be nice.

Radar has it as sleet over youblum.gif

rofl.gif

Real fluffy snow now and starting to form a slushy deposit.

Mind you ground is too wet for it to stick. rofl.gif

and too warm as well.

Seems to be a pattern with this "trough" starts off as sleet then runs to snow,

Hoping when this passes through, further showers should be of snow.

I love nights like this! Everything but the kitchen sink!

Funny you should mention that rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Just had everything in last few minutes rain then hail then sleet then wet snow back to rain again now! Just north of Swansea

Posted

Still slightly snowing here but I'm a very tired girlie so am off to bed! Hopefully we'll have some more overnight! Been a fab few hours weather watching, both out the window and in here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temp falling rapidly now snow has cleared. -0.9c

Posted

MetO fax different to the models in regards to it has a stronger block to our North East and the result is it stays very cold into the weekend but there is not as much snow as the atlantic makes very little inroads. So GFS may be too quick bringing in any snow and is overestimating the atlantic push/underestimating the block. Gutted were not joining in the fun tonight here in Pembs, bone dry here and has been much of the night. Happy for everyone who has seen snow though

Different to gfs, but not too different from Ukmo or ECM?

Gfs is too progressive with regards to jet placement and realignment of the PV and for that reason I dismiss it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Looking at the potential for Friday/Weekend, the short ensembles looks better than the 12z, up 20% and now shows a 60% chance of snow for Cardiff..

Looking at the precipitation, it peaks when the uppers are around -5C, which is good and as I said it has upgraded from the 12z..

post-17320-0-47342800-1358205984_thumb.g

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Radar shows band of precipitation heading south into SW England and ~50-60 miles behind are smaller bands of precipitation, hope these pass over my location as the night goes on, as they would fall as snow..

Edited by Panayiotis