Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Hi Steve,

HNY ! If this kept up - not much will be moving in morning - but it's just a passing heavy shower on the radar. Freeze on top tonight and you won't be getting out of your estate.

I just drove from Pontottyn to Gilfach and roads were horrendous - 10 min journey took me 25 mins!

JK

Hi John HNY to you aswel. - didn't think the main Rds would be affected at the moment but Pontlottyn is pretty high up for sure. To be honest I'm quite happy with a bit of a dusting at the moment - don't want it stopping me getting to work but a big attack on Friday would be great if it happens but how many times have we built it up just to see it all snatched away at the 11th hour in the past?

Posted

Bafan,I must be close to you

I'm in Tredegar. From reading other reports, it looks like we could be getting more snow than some places that are under the amber meto warning!

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Hi John HNY to you aswel. - didn't think the main Rds would be affected at the moment but Pontlottyn is pretty high up for sure. To be honest I'm quite happy with a bit of a dusting at the moment - don't want it stopping me getting to work but a big attack on Friday would be great if it happens but how many times have we built it up just to see it all snatched away at the 11th hour in the past?

True - got to wait for Friday to come closer - according to some of the discussions earlier there is a feeling the temperatures will be higher than thought so we could just get a drenching.

Snow reasonably bad up here - we are slightly higher - but not a lot.

Fingers crossed for an overnight extension of the showers and a freeze....

JK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hailing here.clapping.gif

Plenty of that here this evening!

Posted

Actually its picking up in intensity again outside - not sure how long its progged to last but its beginning to accumulate

Posted

Dingdong recheck your Temperatures -3 Berne -4 Warlsaw -3 Paris by wednesday Europe is cooling down.

Keith, I was referring to the 850s rather than the 2m temps (sorry for confusion) I think we are going to do well over the next 2 weeks. Friday sure looks like a mouth watering prospect.

Yes milder Sunday through Wednesday (still average or below) but looks like the Scandinavia block will really dominate thereafter.

Cheers

DD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Posted

Lets hope this fax is correct stalling front with HP over N East going no were .The met must think no breakdown in this pattern this weekend PPVO89.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

see how my winter tyres perform tomorrow lol

Could of done with some of them on my little Yaris! I've never driven in the snow before. I got really scared! Half tempted to stop and call my mum to come get me, she got a VW Tourag or what ever they called and thats got winter tyres so she woulda be alri. Glad I didn't need her she not answering her phone!

Posted

Lots more showers forming over Cardigan Bay, if only the temp drops a touch may get a covering by morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Bog standard rain now sad.png hopefully more snow will come looking at the radar!

At least there is more precipitation than last night!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Lets hope this fax is correct stalling front with HP over N East going no were .The met must think no breakdown in this pattern this weekend PPVO89.png

That is not the updated version (for me anyway) Edited by bradythemole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Wow!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

I don't like the look of the wind direction on Friday, looks more southerly than south easterly :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Snowing again lol im here all night guys, funny I live only 30m more than other people in Cardiff and they are complaining about not seeing snow and only rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Snowing in roath/cathays smile.png Tis wet snow but to be honest I don't mind when the flakes are big.

Edited by soupsurfer7

Posted

im sure i just heard a rumble of thunder in neath :0

Quite possible the radar shows very heavy precipitation (hail?) near you.