Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional - Cold Spell Discussion 13/01/13--->

Isolated Frost

Posted

Hows the radar looking if this snow moving towards darlo at all?

Tends to be dying out before it hits you, i wouldnt expect too much in darlo tonight, mind you im not expecting much anywhere really, since there is nothing sustained forecast (for more than an hour or so) and with this wet ground its near impossible for the snow to settle. Some nice beefy showers already starting to form out at sea though!! Who knows we could have a nice covering in the morning, nothing significant im afarid though IMO.

Expect very icy pavements tomorrow!!

Posted

I'm travelling back from harrogate to saltburn in about half an hour, anyone know what the roads are like, bound to be the usual idiot drivers causing all kinds of pile up nightmares because a flake of snow on their tyres and they suddenly can't steer! :o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Should be at darlo now mate are you lampost watching? If it isnt radar is faulty then!!

Posted

My mum (who lives in Yarm - my hometown - though I haven't lived there for 18 years) sent me a text saying there was enough for a snowman. There was plenty enough for a snowman here at 3pm, so much so they were making them at nursery out in the sticks in North Beds when I went to pick the boy up. How much snow is there? Is it any more than the 6-7cm we have on the grass? Which is rapidly turning to ice, so getting into the sticks will be a tricky task tomorrow. My sister who lives in Coulby Newham aways seems to have ten times the snow of Yarm. I heard Sally traffic saying Birk Brow was closed. Well, she didn't she just said 'Brow road'. But Birk Brow is one of the first to go. This area (your area!) should be worst affected. I was expected armageddon reports.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Should be at darlo now mate are you lampost watching? If it isnt radar is faulty then!!

I will have to go into the front of the house where the lamps are will check in a minute

The temperature is been very temprementle tonight back up to 2.1°C with a dew point of -1.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

To my surprise having just got out of the shower everything is white again. Looking at he radar i took i direct hit from a shower and the dew point went from 1.9 to 0.3 in 15 mins. Evaporitive cooling working well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

its snowing in darlo now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Snowing heavy now. Medium flakes intensity 8/10. About 1/2 " down. Temp -0.5. A couple if inches from the first band then a good chance of a couple more from the shower forming out in the Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Really belting down now, the car is covered and the road has got that slushy look to it that you tend to get before it lies properly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn and Winter

Snowing well in Aycliffe, snow starts at Junc 58 A1.....estate roads have a good covering now.

Posted

I have to admit, at one stage I wanted the band to clear off as the wind picked up and after seeing NL post but I noticed the wind is now virtually non existant and its snowing with decent sized flakes at a moderate intensity, lovely to watch.

Posted

Just drove back to Hebburn and the snow is still falling nicely, everything covered including roads, it is a very wet covering though and wouldn't take much to melt. A temperature drop would be ideal now.

Temperature at 0.7C so we should be alright this time haha.

Edited by Andy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Nice heavy snow falling and lying in Newcastle.

Was in wallsend about an hour ago and the snow there was unreal!

Is this convection now or the band reintensifying???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

This is still just the original band! It's eased off again here without covering the pavements, I think I'll have to hold out for the convection later in the night.

Posted

The band is pushing back in from the north sea as the wind switches round to the east,showers

following on close behind as well.

Posted

Easing right off now and now its time for this front to die away and concentrate on the convective showers.

Can't say there is all that many of them on the radar, I suspect by morning we should see more shower activity though. If any shower does hit us on this side of midnight then make the most of it is all I say.

Hope this covering does not melt as quickly as this afternoon did, dewpoints should be a tad more favorable so even if the temp is at +1, it should still be a little bit slower to melt