Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

I have just ventured out into the garden and it seems more like rain than sleet now :(

If the temperatures do drop later then it's going to be like an ice rink on the roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

If you are feeling down, don't venture into the Midlands forum, depressing to say the least!!!

Won't find me feeling down, the models are forming up nicely on a significant snowfall for the south west on Friday, yes specifics will chop and change a bit but I have faith, the charts for Friday are looking like classic 80s style battleground charts and they always delivered in the south west.

I did say along time ago that one year the south west would again see one of those classic 80s battleground again and at the moment there's a moderate chance of it happening at just the end of this week!!, we're not looking at these kind of charts at the end of fi like in most winters!

All in all I'm a happy bunny today and I'm keeping everything crossed that the ukmo sticks with what it's showing on Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Just took dog out felt like autumn!!!! Windy temp 5c dew point 5 and wet wet wet!!!

I've just been out with my dogs and had to get the towels and hairdryer out for the 3 of us. really grim out there now.

Posted

I have just ventured out into the garden and it seems more like rain than sleet now sad.png

If the temperatures do drop later then it's going to be like an ice rink on the roads.

Temperatures expected to be blow freezing tonight for most of us (away from the London). So Ice will be the main concern!

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Just took dog out felt like autumn!!!! Windy temp 5c dew point 5 and wet wet wet!!!

Yes very uninspiring and depressing [ Bit like Wet Wet Wet ]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Fishponds Bristol currently 4.9c with dew point of 4.8c rain easiing. Here is hoping to something special Friday but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted

Bloomin' icy cold rain here.....last night's dusting is but a faded memory.cray.gif

My daughter tells me that Alex Deakin referred to people like us as "snowmantics".......isn't that lovely.air_kiss.gif

There does seem to be more of an acknowledgement amongst TV forecasters of our existence these days.cold.gifbiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Raining quite steadily here. Very cold rain though.

Posted

Lol peeps all I can smell is soggy dog now!!! I am sure we will have the last laugh with the rest of the country soon and will be snowed in with snowmen as far as the eye can see!!!

Edited by jessandjon

Posted

My daughter tells me that Alex Deakin referred to people like us as "snowmantics".......isn't that lovely.air_kiss.gif

Great turn of phrase that...."snowmantics" ....I love it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Remarkable here, its gone from sleet back to snow as we now have some bigger flakes, (Heavier precip)= Evaporative Cooling perhaps?

Posted

Where are you?

Post says

**Location- Headington,Oxfordshire (115m)**

Winter 2012-

Snow Falling- Wed 5th Dec (3cm)

Frosts- 18

Lowest Temperature: -5.3c (3/12/12)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Well Well Well.

I suppose the 15:30 GFS run will be a bit interesting. Not like it really matters for around here anyway.

Probably be full of upgrades yet these upgrades never seem to come off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Well Well Well.

I suppose the 15:30 GFS run will be a bit interesting. Not like it really matters for around here anyway.

I think someone needs to chill a bit, either that our stop following the models for a few days lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Where are you?

ha ha, says alex who has yet again got her own location problems.

Alex, I've pm'd you btw. good.gif

Posted

Rain pepped up nicely here......washing away all that nasty, nasty snowsad.png

DP +0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I think someone needs to chill a bit, either that our stop following the models for a few days lol

Agreed, also folk should perhaps stick with the reliable and valuable information in here. unsure.png Thats as opposed to trying to work out the nuances of the MOD thread. FWIW, I haven't been in there since last Friday. hi.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Well Well Well.

Dont worry Gloucester will be shown covered in pink up until T48/24 and then all of a sudden the PPN wont reach here or a magical warm sector will appear, yet points in all directions will end up with a huge dumping.