Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

No snow here in Ipswich yet, but we have gone from clear sky's and sunshine to a bit more of breeze, a few more puffs of cloud and no more sun,

It's really like waiting for Christmas morning today!, I'm all stocked up and ready for the snow!

Not long now, were nearly thereclapping.gif

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Just uttering what people have said earlier.... With this premature snow band arriving, will this affect the snow amounts? I might just be far east enough (Cambridge) to get full snow as opposed to sleet. Anyone having sleet instead of snow?

Posted

Just uttering what people have said earlier.... With this premature snow band arriving, will this affect the snow amounts? I might just be far east enough (Cambridge) to get full snow as opposed to sleet. Anyone having sleet instead of snow?

I'm just to the north-west of you and it's snow here, not sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

got some really large flakes of snow now, doesn't seem to be sticking to the pavement but settling elsewhere.

how long is this band expected to be over us?

Posted

Are we likely to get much snow in Essex overnight? the Met office is saying that we could get snow showers blown inland i'm guessing through convection? Has there been any discussion on the confidence in this and what we're likely to get? No snow here in Dunmow yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Snow really coming down here now current temp 0.3C

Posted

Central London has snow from the first bit but it seems the front is rotating now so rather than moving SE it is moving E so we (In St Albans) are going to get the more southern part of the precipitation band (which contains the warm sector?) rather than the heavier section which is going to N Cambs and north. Not sure how this plays out for the 'wrap-arround' overnight.

Posted

I do hope so smile.png....

Do we have an ETA? I haven't got an up to date radar as I'm a mobile phone user sad.png

Looks like the edge is just getting to Huntingdon and Cambridge, so probably still a couple of hours, to be honest the later it gets here the better, the more we can get during darkness the quicker it will settle.

Hope you can wait that longsmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Snowing pretty heavy in bedford right now, the radar looks worrying i hope the rain following the snow doesnt come along and spoil things :/

Posted

Looks like the edge is just getting to Huntingdon and Cambridge, so probably still a couple of hours, to be honest the later it gets here the better, the more we can get during darkness the quicker it will settle.

Hope you can wait that longsmile.png

I've waited about 4 days now so another few hours is good by me!...

I would love to see a bit of 'daytime' snow fall but your right the more we get at night the better :)

Posted

Update from High Wycombe:

I'm well inside the green sleety area according to the radar, but we still have snow.

Falling fast, alternating between small and large flakes. Not settling on roads and pavements but the trees are looking beautiful. Hope the evaporative cooling continues and we don't lose what we have!

Posted

BBC weather just updated for Cambridge, with 4 hours of heavy snow this afternoon and another 3 hours of heavy snow in the wrap around tonight. In technical terms, that could mean as much as 12cms or more were it all to accumulate, though seeing as it is not settling in Bedford, I doubt that much would fall. Still, here in the countryside it is still blanket whiteness, so DPs are lower than rural areas. Could make the difference for some of us.

It would be a great disappoint if it were to be rain here, given how far East some of us are.

Edited by ITSY

Posted

Well its time I stayed in this thread looking at the radar. Only light snow falling at the moment but have retained the 2cm from overnight. The radar looks excellent with the band intensifying with every update. Still -1C here at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Light snow since 10am in the center of MK after 1.5cm overnight. Now really getting it's act together, moderate to heavy bursts of large 20p sized flakes & sticking fast even though it's quite wet looking.

Now getting flakes the size of 50p pieces. bring it on clapping.gif

Edited by SnowJoke