Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well there is potenial for a very special bit of weather, though for now I'd say the bullseye zone would be somewhere in the west Midlands. Still lets hope the 18z continues to throw the front far enough east for us to really feel the benefit.

Shouldn't have to worry about too much marginality with the severe cold embedded and coming in from France.

I was thinking this but then I thought they could be one the first to get it turn to Rain where say us in the SE could have the snow for longer and hold onto the bitter temps for longer meaning that even though less snow we could have it longer..

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Showers a heading towards east kent on a sw trajectory..... Look out margate/manston/ramsgate......

Will let you know if they hit Sandwich :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Winds are now ENE at 20mph and increasing in north sea :D

Posted

The 3am wind forecast looks perfect with a mainly ne wind. Just hope there's enough pep in the sea and then.....

w1358305200.gif

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted

I was thinking this but then I thought they could be one the first to get it turn to Rain where say us in the SE could have the snow for longer and hold onto the bitter temps for longer meaning that even though less snow we could have it longer..

This is on the assumption that the front doesn't stall as far east as the models expect (I think we could still do quite well, but I think the 'center' of the front will stall further west than us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Remember when looking at the charts over the coming day or so guys and girls that if there is an E or SE'ly wind off a very cold continent snow can fall up to -1c at 850Hpa and thicknesses can be as high as 537dam as the air is dry and very cold,

cold.gif

Posted

-2.7c here now. Can't see the NS stuff making it this far inland, but maybe the dogs won't be quite so muddy tomorrow. Sunrise is usually wonderful on cold winter days, my second favourite after snowmageddon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Just looking at that !! How weird. I can't see that lot over Holland coming our way though as I don't think we have the wind direction for it. Those showers in the lower North Sea keep firing up.

Posted

Ok im back i have drunk to much and currently sitting on the floor in a corner of my. Kitchen. Yet im checking the forums for updates now thats dedication!

So whats the update?

Currently you're going to get double of everything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow of course

Yeah nice thought you'd think with our current set up there's always a chance for surprises to come up has happened before

Posted

According to that Dutch site the winds there are already NE and will take that into northern France via Belgium unfortunately.

Edited by TN26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Ok im back i have drunk to much and currently sitting on the floor in a corner of my. Kitchen. Yet im checking the forums for updates now thats dedication!

So whats the update?

dunno about updates but I went out for a few tonight' as well, but I'm on the sofa hell of a lot more comfortable hehe

Posted

Lots of exciting potential but will it come to fruition? But enough of my school report 1974 (answer no, by the way)

In an attempt to calm down I have busied myself with something practical which meant moving the weather station sensor to the bottom of the garden, only 15m, but away from the house. Produced an immediate drop in temp reading of 1.5c. This means either the end of my garden is a frost hollow or I am over-heating the house.

Either way I think I now have a more accurate set of stats with which to bore you all:

Temp: -2.6c (falling fast)

Dewpoint: -6.4c (still struggling to understand it, but looks exciting)

hPa: 1014 (rising very fast, could be significant, please help)

Non-scientific observation of the night: quite parky

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Hmmm, what's the outlook, roughly speaking, for Friday in West Kent. I'm a bit confused as to whether we're in for snow or not? Anyone know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Got to make some serious decisions at work tomorrow, if the weather outlook remains the same. Problem is we service / maintain large refrigeration plants throughout England, unfortunately fridge plants breakdown in extremely low temperatures (and high), problem is how do you keep 10 engineers mobiles in heavy snow? If we don't succeed then the start of the food distribution start to fail, and just think this problem is being discussed throughout many industries throughout the UK, thank goodness we refuse to look after supermarkets. Think its going to be a long weekend, but it won't stop me lamppost watching :-) (assuming we still got power)

Temp -0.5, dew point -2.2

If the fridges break down just put the contents outside, they will be fine ;-)

Posted

That Ppn is so close

Anything Folkestone or do er yet

I think anyone in Deal could almost touch it, it's so close to the shore !