Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Peeping lol watch this

I don't even need to watch it, I've seen it so many times I think I know off by heart.... Mickey Flanagan, legend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I saw that too but it's -1.1c here with a dew point of -3c so it should fall as snow if it does make it here...

Yes just a little worried that the change of wind may warm the coast up a bit, let hope not lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I'm not sure why people are getting annoyed over the Westward correction, it was always likely in my opinion. The models underestimate the blog so I'd go as far to say it wont get much further West than Southampton and miss our region all together.

But, as the low swings down into France stronger ENE winds might be when we come into our own over the weekend.

Posted

I agree smile.png Never had a battleground scenario deliver anything for me, give me an easterly or NE'ly any day!

Well you are virtually in Francerofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Maybe but what's the point of prolonging a cold spell that delivers us nothing?

Look at the longer term benefits, as long as the cold is present there will always be more snow risks down the line, the GFS 18Z is better medium/long term.

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Yep looks like we could get 18 or so meters of snow on Monday, maybe more help.gifrofl.gif

Posted

I'm not sure why people are getting annoyed over the Westward correction, it was always likely in my opinion. The models underestimate the blog so I'd go as far to say it wont get much further West than Southampton and miss our region all together.

But, as the low swings down into France stronger ENE winds might be when we come into our own over the weekend.

What blog?blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

2nd attack makes it over to us on Monday. Love it. Great chart viewing this!

far better option

I would bank that instead

Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Latest GFS shows Friday's snow not reaching us. Beginning of yet another downgrade?

would not say a down grade. The cold block is holding!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

2nd attack makes it over to us on Monday. Love it. Great chart viewing this!

I would love it too but just worry that SIX DAYS away when the other night we couldn't work out what was happening 6hrs away! I will watch with excitement of the possibility but not quite belief yet!x

Posted

Worth noting the set-up for the 2nd band is far more marginal than the 1st would be, probably snow- rain/sleet - snow for places within 20 miles of the south coast, probably snow whole way through further north. The GFS seems to suggest rain for a brief time even here but hard to imagine that happen with surface temps subzero throughout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I can't believe people are giving up already. Does no one remember March/April from a few years ago?

Posted

I was thinking the same, been watching that for a while.......but as no one else mentioned it I thought maybe I should'nt. As for the weekend I'm actually going to dig out my boots, I have a feeling we may be in for a pasting.

Its been nice on this thread tonight, yesterday was silly with the amount of hot air being blown about by some in here.

Posted

would not say a down grade. The cold block is holding!

A downgrade in snow potential. A dry cold spell does nothing for me.

First Saturday just gone was meant to deliver us snow then it was Monday, then it was today, then it was Wednesday and Thursday for snow showers (since downgraded), then it was friday (could be downgraded), now it could be next Monday. It's like chasing shadows!

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Yes I would love to see him live rofl.gif

Me too, I missed out on his last tour. He just absolutely makes me cry with laughter. Being born in sarf London and growing up with a cockney family helps!

And on a weather note.... Noticeably colder..... I have nothing else!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A downgrade in snow potential. A dry cold spell does nothing for me.

First Saturday just gone was meant to deliver us snow then it was Monday, then it was today, then it was Wednesday and Thursday for snow showers (since downgraded), then it was friday (could be downgraded), now it could be next Monday. It's like chasing shadows!

That's because people keep taking notice of the models, don't, just look a few days ahead as interest. The models can't handle this situation and there is one guy who thinks that the ukmo is never wrong, well what happened to those biting north east winds and heavy snow showers for most of this week :p