Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional - Cold Spell Discussion 15/01/13 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

I WANT CONVECTION ONLY!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

The boundary? Lmao so it could be a let down or a biggie. Most likely a let down sad.png

Oh no! Not that- if you read the scale :p

The boundary between less snow and more snow... and Saturday and Sunday should make such boundaries unnecessary with heavy snow likely. Just my amateur prediction though- listen to the BBC and Met!

Posted

Oh no! Not that- if you read the scale :p

The boundary between less snow and more snow... and Saturday and Sunday should make such boundaries unnecessary with heavy snow likely. Just my amateur prediction though- listen to the BBC and Met!

Ahh right. Thanks for your input though, much appreciated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Oh no! Not that- if you read the scale blum.gif

So when is North Sea convection likely to start please?

Posted

wind is vicious now and swirling the snow in every direction -1.8c same as the DP.

Just been out to defrost my anemometer (for "defrost" read "hit with the end of a snow shovel").

Light winds only - enough to start knocking snow off trees and ruin "the look".

Popped in for a wee nosy to see if there was anything falling out of that band moving north as I thought it was a false return on the radar, glad to see some snow reports from not that far south of me. I'm only a few miles from the border so keep sending it up here :good:

It should get interesting for anyone else who lives towards the east once the wind swings more to the east, fingers crossed for all of us :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Popped in for a wee nosy to see if there was anything falling out of that band moving north as I thought it was a false return on the radar, glad to see some snow reports from not that far south of me. I'm only a few miles from the border so keep sending it up here good.gif

It should get interesting for anyone else who lives towards the east once the wind swings more to the east, fingers crossed for all of us smile.png

Indeed- you've moved closer to the promise land of Conservative rule and mansions I see ;)

Nah, hope you in the Borders get some as well, BBC forecast was very bullish for this wknd, blowing in some real convective shrs for SE Scotland and NE England on a sharp E/SE flow. Fun to come!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Popped in for a wee nosy to see if there was anything falling out of that band moving north as I thought it was a false return on the radar, glad to see some snow reports from not that far south of me. I'm only a few miles from the border so keep sending it up here :good:

It should get interesting for anyone else who lives towards the east once the wind swings more to the east, fingers crossed for all of us :)

Evening border folk ;-) yeah light very light snow falling here from that band I can confirm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The snow has almost petered out here. Up to 1.0C, the highest all day.

Posted

Still at -0.7°C here in Durham where it's been for about 3 and a half hours (within 0.1°C). That is also the high for the day. So still hopeful of another ice day. 2 and a half hours to go!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

And he's also tweeted this

GFS and EC ensembles both show a milder trend by late Jan. So could turn milder but I believe further cold weather poss

For tomorrow Liam Dutton says this Scotland and northern England are likely to see less snow on Friday generally no more than 2-5cm

Posted

And he's also tweeted this

GFS and EC ensembles both show a milder trend by late Jan. So could turn milder but I believe further cold weather poss

For tomorrow Liam Dutton says this Scotland and northern England are likely to see less snow on Friday generally no more than 2-5cm

He does rather over-tweet MH, it has to be said. And we all know how to conjugate the verb "to tweet". It's a bit like "to sit"

He tweets... He twit... He tw@t. blum.gif

Edited by NickR

Posted

The front to the west is already into devon and ni much earlier then bbc had it down to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

-0.2 in thornaby

1.1c mine says

Posted

Still a few flakes falling here which has given a sneaky very light further covering of snow.

That trough is now just off the coast,so just waiting for the wind to veer round to bring it onshore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder snow

Deffo a very slight thaw going on, can here dripping from the guttering!

I think its a case of luck over the next couple of days regards snowfall and who gets what, i certainly did not expect 3 inches to fall on Tuesday, so despite some users saying teesside usually fairs quite poor with snowfall, you never know what or how much will fall. I also think its always a bonus to have the cold in place before any major snow event, especially when its perhaps a marginal event, may help to keep it in our favour :)

Posted

The weak snow feature covering much of central Britain and affecting NE England is making painful progress this way - we just appear on the edge of the band, whilst I'm not expecting anything much from it, it would be nice to see some snowflakes and perhaps a light dusting. Its as if there is a snow shield around the county at present - I wish we could get rain shields instead!