A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

This is what NAE is now showing..

13011900_1706.gif

Posted

This is what NAE is now showing..

13011900_1706.gif

Well things can change in a space of hours last night we was all set for big snow event today were not like I say it could all change later heres hoping! but from the chart above still shows snow for yorkshire perhaps 2-5cm and not 15cm as was expected previously

Posted

Likewise ECM says snow from 5amish - 7pmish for Leeds/York, even longer for Sheffield and Lincoln.

meteogram.png

meteogram.png

meteogram.png

meteogram.png

Edited by Aaron

Posted

I think some are suffering burn out in ere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

This place is getting worse than the model thread for mood swings! Think I will just go with lampost watching and see what happens tomorrow

Posted

The precipitation rate looks quite low, it will be an interesting event with temperatures remaining below freezing and wind blowing it about.

Posted

This place is getting worse than the model thread for mood swings! Think I will just go with lampost watching and see what happens tomorrow

This is what happens when the models diverge and are inconsistent! Truth of the matter is, we don't know if it will snow at all, and if it does, we don't know how much or exactly when or how long it will last. The best thing you can do is wait until tomorrow, look at the radar and look outside of your window. Precipitation charts are almost useless longer than 24 hours before the event, and even then they are not totally reliable.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

GFS shows more snow again, same as the 06z yesterday - not buying it, changes too much.

NAE looks smashing!

Posted

Remember what happend last monday! The front was forecasted to be slower and it ended up being quick.

Posted

Crikey, the Met have snow almost constantly for here for over 3 days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold.

As a relative newbie to all of this, it's interesting to see the models keep changing, but some reactions are so extreme that I can't help but laugh, especially when referring to a single model run.

Like I said yesterday, it is widely accepted that it will come down to nowcasting and very short time out models I.E. I won't be putting any stock in the models until this evenings updates. It might be prudent for some of you to do the same to prevent any heart failures or passing out risks clap.gif

Posted

After that panic attack, the 06z has pushed things back over us.

Just a temp glitch! but thats how quick things can change :) and they still have there yellow and amber alerts so they are still highly confident NAE still looks good

Like someone said look at last week snow was not forecast it changed then we had a good covering of it on Monday :) turn those fowns upside down

Posted

Minimum last night -11.1, which was not as low as anticipated as it was -10 at 11 pm, but some cloud spread in from the coast before dawn. Chop Gate was reporting -13.7 earlier and Duggleby was -11.9, but may have caught the cloud like us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold.

Sky was nice and clear here at around 7am, was getting brighter as I progressed across the city. Now however cloud cover is coming in low from the west (across pennines). Temp -7 DP is the same.

Edited by al_13

Posted

Still currently -8.9c after a low of -11.3c. Never expected these temperatures!

Flippin eck! I thought -9.1C was impressive!

-4.2C here at the moment with a bit of high cloud keeping the sun hazy so keeping the temps low.

Posted

morning all, another cold foggy morning here, well i must admit to being less optomistic that this snow event will make it this far, another westward shift and i think it will be curtains, lol, met office forecast for my postcode is also forecasting less, anyway fingers crossed and have fun to everyone who wants and gets the snow.

Posted

GFS 06Z precipitation charts, although not the most reliable, show Friday's front pushing further East and getting Yorkshire in on the action! Certainly a step in the right direction and lets hope the other models at 12z follow!