Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 16/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Slough, Greater London, East Sussex, Kent, Southampton, Portsmouth, Brighton and Hove & Milton Keynes.

Valid from: 0300 on Fri 18 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2100 on Fri 18 Jan 2013

A band of snow, heavy in places, will spread northeastwards across Wales and the southwestern half of England, during Friday morning, lasting through the afternoon and evening across much of Wales, the Midlands, southern and parts of southeast England. Winds will strengthen, leading to drifting of lying snow.

Many parts of the Red Warning area are likely to have 20-30 cm of snow with strong southeasterly winds causing blizzards, severe drifting of lying snow and thus severe disruption. The public should avoid all non-essential journeys.

Elsewhere, accumulations of more than 5-10 cm of snow will occur quite widely, with 15 cm in some western parts of the Amber area, falling within 3-6 hours. The public should be prepared for disruption, including altering travel plans.

Please watch for updates to these warnings.

Issued at: 1230 on Thu 17 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=B6E6F732-EFED-CEEE-6891-4300E7116807_3_SE&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-4.50&lat=55.74&fcTime=1358337660

Posted

Well here's a lot of green that is going to make us all very happy!

uksnownext3days.cc23.jpg

uksnownext3to6days.cc23.jpg

http://www.snow-fore.../static/uk/full

Edited by Coast

Posted

I think I have it under control at the moment!!! (but wait until the next model runs!!)

Pleased to hear it Coast! When are the next model runs due out, please?

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hehe

I think some of you were tipped off and the rush of money on the stay the same or eastwards correction was an inside job!!!

We were all tipped of by our very own croydon council gritter yesterday, but most dismissed it as ramping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm putting my money on Amber Warning (Friday, three o'clock at Newmarket) As I fear that Red Warning will a non-starter!

Posted

These really are classic 1980's synoptics

Blocking High Looks to win the first round, undercutting LP, East or North East winds next week and then the next attempt to remove the block!

Lovely to see this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Currently having cavity wall insulation installed, it's perfect timing hut Brrrrr with the front and back door wide open whilst it's being done. Hope it will be worth it, my fingers are so cold I can barely type....

Posted

These really are classic 1980's synoptics

Blocking High Looks to win the first round, undercutting LP, East or North East winds next week and then the next attempt to remove the block!

Lovely to see this!

Arranged to work from home tomorrow, think we should all stick Absolute 80's on to go with the 80's synoptics

Posted

Yes Meto are pretty confident that after the Snow fragments and weakens, probably pulling away South and East the LP Will not be as far South as other models showed nearing Iberia and possibly now expect it too trundle across France eastwards, this will increase the winds from the East or North East for Saturday, Sunday and Monday enhancing the Snow Showers packing in from the North Sea.

If it all pans out good call from them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Yes Meto are pretty confident that after the Snow fragments and weakens, probably pulling away South and East the LP Will not be as far South as other models showed nearing Iberia and possibly now expect it too trundle across France eastwards, this will increase the winds from the East or North East for Saturday, Sunday and Monday enhancing the Snow Showers packing in from the North Sea.

If it all pans out good call from them.

Will these move inland off the coast?

Thames streamer a possibility?

Posted

Just about scraped into the amber warning right down here on the coast.

Still concerned with the temps for the extreme south coast tomorrow.

Official met office temps from Shoreham airport are showing a +7C change in temps in 4 hours, from a low of -3.7C at 8am this morning.

2yv56dg.png

Posted

Currently having cavity wall insulation installed, it's perfect timing hut Brrrrr with the front and back door wide open whilst it's being done. Hope it will be worth it, my fingers are so cold I can barely type....

My landlord wanted to put new radiators in friday, told wait till the weather warms up, he decided he would pospone till monday, wish he would just wait as that means there will be no heating on that day. With the kids thats just no good.

Posted

Any one keeping a eye on the band of pricip heading east over Portsmouth

Yep, I was wandering if that is what's warming things up infront of it.

Posted

ive got the accuweather app on my phone and its just updated and just mentions light snow no more then a cm ? :s

change it for met office app much better

Oh dear!

No They haven't under yellow warning for the whole of kent and essex

Posted

Will these move inland off the coast?

Thames streamer a possibility?

A good chance I would have thought!