Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 17th 2013. 12z onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well im still not impressed with the 06z this morning, it seems they are downgrading the event bit by bit.However further upgrades for NI and Wales i think, with Northern/NW England out of the main area of concern. Then as it moves east it turn light and patchy in nature. So close to a major snow event, but yet so far.

Posted

My kids are supposed to be visiting grandparents tomorrow. Travelling from Warrington to Liverpool. Are we likely to see disruption M62 and M57 area?

yes to put it bluntly, especially towards liverpool

Well im still not impressed with the 06z this morning, it seems they are downgrading the event bit by bit.However further upgrades for NI and Wales i think, with Northern/NW England out of the main area of concern. Then as it moves east it turn light and patchy in nature. So close to a major snow event, but yet so far.

the south of the region as actually been upgrade by quite a bit

Posted

its becoming a fairly big convection from the isle of man stretching to holyhead, def getting bigger and becoming beefier..problem is i don't

know if its moving ever so slowly east wards or if its just because its growing.

Looks like its going n/nw to me. I could normally go up to the top room here and have a look out over the bay at the clouds but its too murky today.

Posted

its becoming a fairly big convection from the isle of man stretching to holyhead, def getting bigger and becoming beefier..problem is i don't

know if its moving ever so slowly east wards or if its just because its growing.

It's very difficult to track as each 5 minute run it changes. It seems to be just sat there at the moment. Definitely one to watch for maybe Cumbria later.

Posted

Looks like its going n/nw to me. I could normally go up to the top room here and have a look out over the bay at the clouds but its too murky today.

personally i think its just growing, doubt it could be going west towards ireland / ni. to me at the mo, it just seems to be growing and extending on the north and south of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Is that shortwave or secondary low still there on the 06z

Posted

yes to put it bluntly, especially towards liverpool

the south of the region as actually been upgrade by quite a bit

I totally agree,

But for the rest of us its abit of downgraded, oh well carlisle might get 1cm llool

Posted

Whats the chances of us getting close to the cold NW'erly set up we had in 2009 that bought all the convective snow off the Irish Sea. Am i right in saying we need better heights over Greenland for that to happen again ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So a chance of some snow but not what we hoped for yesterday, I am down at 20% confidence of a better event than Monday gone and 50% we will get a covering out of it.

If this event had started West and crept north east with runs then I would be looking forward to it optimistically, now I just feel deflated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Wind picking up in st annes waiting for a bus frozen!

Posted

feels like -10C out there at the moment, still got occasional flakes falling but no accumulation and hard to see if your not looking for them lol

Posted

Going off the GFS precipitation charts I should see snow from around 9pm, the the main band of snow hits us tomorrow between 09.00 - 12.00hrs. I'll go and pick up all my toys now.

Posted

Met office currently saying snow frm 12:00 today through to saturday morning relatively unbroken, with amber warnings in place during friday, thoughts? - Wigan

Edited by mufc

Posted

well send the bigger flakes down here to us haha

temperature as now fallen to -0.3C

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

atleast all of us are in very cold weather and the windchill will become quite a feature at the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Glenn I reckon just covering themselves surely? Hope note tho