Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - Cold and Snow 17/01/13 ->

Isolated Frost

Posted

What a difference a few miles makes, sun still shining here amongst the clouds

yes sun in out in darlington and lots of blue sky .i did say earlier i don't think we will get much in the way of snow maybe a little later .

Posted

yes sun in out in darlington and lots of blue sky .i did say earlier i don't think we will get much in the way of snow maybe a little later .

the blue sky will quickly fill in.

Posted

What a difference a few miles makes, sun still shining here amongst the clouds

Can only be a mile or two as the crow flies, the joys of a showery regime. There will be convergence later however, could be a fun rush hourcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Even for Thornaby? blum.gif

Yeah just watch it break up now haha

Posted

And it's breaking up again.. I'd say Newc and Sund are on for catching some hefty showers within the hour... we'll be waiting a few hours for anything significant here in Durham though I feel.

Edited by NickR

Posted

Can only be a mile or two as the crow flies, the joys of a showery regime. There will be convergence later however, could be a fun rush hourcray.gif

Yer the met office is still on for light snow from 15:00, heavy snow from 18:00... I still think earlier though haha

Posted

On the met 5 day forecast the from 1500 today right through till the end of tuesday is either heavy of light snow for my postcode. Its the same for everywhere in the area away from coast.

Posted

Yep.. this is just teasing us - it's broken up now... it'll be a good few hours until we get anything more than a rogue flake.

Posted

I think its just a waiting game to be honest, winds probably need to shift more to a SE'ly-ESEly rather than SSE'ly unfortunately(perhaps) by then, the front will be making its presence felt.

At least its not one of those grey uninspiring days and it is a clean sunshine and shower set up but feels a bit of a waste at the moment, hopefully our paitence will be rewarded.

Posted

On the met 5 day forecast the from 1500 today right through till the end of tuesday is either heavy of light snow for my postcode. Its the same for everywhere in the area away from coast.

ignore it.

How many dead and injured?

that would be a rockfall or landslip lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Snowing in Hartlepool, lightly but its a start, clouds right overhead now

Posted

Not a chance but with convection likely to improve later and the wind going round to SE then the showers will come inland-I would not like to hazard a guess as to how much will have accumulated by this time tomorrow.

Posted

Well on the rain today radar, the front has just about reached Manchester and Nottingham and it doesn't seem to have weakened much. Maybe we're in for a shot?

Well on the rain today radar, the front has just about reached Manchester and Nottingham and it doesn't seem to have weakened much. Maybe we're in for a shot?

Jesus Christ that is a big front, it crosses the English Channel and its also in France.

Just looked out of the window and I can see some light snow flakes blow about.

Edited by Snowmaggedon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

No ice day here at 1.0°C the dew point is falling down to -4.8°C

Met office forecasting heavy snow in darlo from 18:00 to 03:00 I think our main "event" will come later

Posted

Very lightly snowing wink.png

Wheyyy here we go first shower of the day, getting heavier, wind is blowing it about like mad!

Edited by Andy.