Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well that was some day ladies and Gents!!

Last night was just incredible, I remember watching the Poole Harbour weather station, it didn't budge from Temps of 5.1C and a DP of something like 1.0C, stayed with the same reading for a couple of hours, then dropped to 4.9, where it remained until I dosed off at about 2AM, when I woke at 3:45 ish I was shocked. Temp of 0.5, DP was -4.1 by memory and the Snow was amazing.

Constant snow until I left for work at 7ish, believe it carried on until about mid day in Poole.

I went to Downton in Wilts, and it was even better, when I left at about 3:45, I measured depth in the car park, with a ruler of just under 7 inches.

Amazing day, missed not being able to mess with my kids today in the snow, but we are heading to my favourite hill in the New Forest tomorrow for some all day fun and games!!

Cheers everyone, you lot kept me sane last night, as I knew it meant as much to everyone as it did me!!

NOW I WANT MORE PLEASE!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Looking at the GEFS for Sunday, as Iceberg pointed out earlier, a fair few bring the snow risk right over our region!!

Here are a few of the snowiest members. (although to note, these are only GFS ensemble members and not a forecast)

gens-1-2-54.png?12

gens-8-2-54.png?12

gens-9-2-54.png?12

gens-20-2-54.png?12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Yes we were out & about earlier & much more snow just north of Portsmouth, the A3 near Waterlooville was at a standstill. The seafront in Southsea had hardly any snow, just a slushy dusting.

thats strange because I can see the spinnaker tower from my bedroom on iow..and we got hammered over here..shows how the space of a couple of miles changes things....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well starting to sound like a broken record today but it is snowing (moderate) maybe another half a cm fallen from this shower. air_kiss.gif

Posted

It's a really bendy road up the side of a very steep hill, it looks like a "W" shape on the map. A stranded car got shunted into someone's garden by an out of control 4x4.

Oh okay! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

My wife took this today Red Leg Partridge,,,,,,can't work out if he happy or fed up

post-18298-0-05571200-1358538280.jpg

Posted

Well starting to sound like a broken record today but it is snowing (moderate) maybe another half a cm fallen from this shower. air_kiss.gif

So jealous M!

It's cold and damp here in Dartmouth -

home in SG has around 5-6 inches of snow lying!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Snowing quite heavy here again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Is that stuff over exmoor way coming up the channel way towards my area anyone think (wells)...?

Posted

I see those brighter echoes over Wales are heading towards the Westcountry, hope they hold up. That would be a nice little bonus.

1111_zps49126579.png

Posted

All forecasts for todayw ere spot on i would say.

It is still snowing ! thats around 30 hrs of snow falling here some was very wet and didnt settle but around the 5inchs on the ground, where its blown in its alot deeper!

Had a good sesssion sledging this afternoon the piste was soft powder tostart with but soon become compacted and speeds increased and so did the distances!

Kids loved it and i am knackered!!

Not looking forward to the morning if this freezes, work tomorrow and sunday but should have time PM for some more piste action.

P.S made 20 yards stood up on a sledge!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Usually someone puts ian Fergussons video on here so i can watch it on my device.i can't watch the one what was posted earlier.as im on an iPad.

Posted

well i know nobody cares but we have had about 18mm of rain so far today and no snow

Edited by BARRY

Posted

Looking forward to tonight and tomorrows runs. Have a feeling parts of dorset or even more west could get alot more snow sunday night. Does look like it will shift west a bit. Could be quite a few surprises yet over next few days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

well i know nobody cares but we have had about 18mm of rain so far today and no snow

I do and have been there often. Not a good feeling. Nothing better than seeing everyone get snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I do.. And you will get some soon .. There are more chances on the way for you. :)

Posted

Looking at the GEFS for Sunday, as Iceberg pointed out earlier, a fair few bring the snow risk right over our region!!

Here are a few of the snowiest members. (although to note, these are only GFS ensemble members and not a forecast)

gens-1-2-54.png?12

gens-8-2-54.png?12

gens-9-2-54.png?12

gens-20-2-54.png?12

Interesting! Got snow across almost all of the UK on some!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

After a disappointing afternoon in the East Somerset/West Dorset dry zone, at last some more snow!

Even though it'll be brief, it's giving a slight covering to everything, which will freeze solid over night, happy days!

Temp 0.7c, DP -0.3c

Edited by Mark

Posted

I see those brighter echoes over Wales are heading towards the Westcountry, hope they hold up. That would be a nice little bonus.

1111_zps49126579.png

On the next frame they stall, looks like we are currently in the "eye of the storm" maybe they will push east a little later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Seabirds not my subject but thought nice scene,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Any idea species,,, taken field end garden

post-18298-0-06963300-1358539132_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Now I see you've edited your post - W Dorset, E Somerset. That makes more sense!

Haha, sorry, I call that the beer effect, mixing my compass points fool.gif

Posted

Usually someone puts ian Fergussons video on here so i can watch it on my device.i can't watch the one what was posted earlier.as im on an iPad.

Here you go:

http://m.facebook.com/pointswest?id=102814153147070&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpointswest&_rdr

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Showers heading into Dorset from the West, look a little beef!

Posted

It's warmer here now than any time in the last 24 hours - risen from 0.4 to 1.0.....I'm not convinced there is going to be a freeze here tonight - the influence of the sea remains strong