Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Will be rain...... Sunday....... Yey.....

The Jetstream is still on its southern holiday for a while yet, and according to the ECM its wanting to book another week in s france.

Posted

Thank you for posting the charts John clapping.gif

Looking at them are we ever at risk form what look like -4c uppers ruining anything by making it sleety?

hi lottie

not too concerned re that

with the direction its coming from i do not see a problem drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

hey troops just at the keston mart!

Steve, I always follow your posts every day.. What's your thoughts about snow hitting the south/ Herts/ Essex boarder tonight? I''ve noticed precipitation as vanished of the radar. Not sure why?

Also what's the like there?

Magicbat

Edited by MagicBat

Posted

Took this 30mins ago, had a bit more since, currently snow just blowing around in the wind

Wow

Well done on that, amazing local differences, we have not got 1/10 of that, barely even a dusting. Cars are also wet with water running down the windows so must have been much more sleety here and not under any heavy precip at all which would have made it all snow.

I know most would find this hard to believe today but technically I have not seen 1 proper snow flake! Everything has been the dandruff type sleety mess.

Missing me lovely proper snowflakes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

We did well out of the ENE streamers, but the rare ESE streamer is a jackpot here if the wind is strong enough to get it to NW london.

That's the one for us here!! Can properly dump in those situations.

EDIT: Wind has really picked up, seems to be a straight Easterly, with snow beginning to fall in flakes again rather than the dandruff that has been shedding for the past few hours.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

hi winter

at this short range

these are reasonably accurate drinks.gif

Thanks John I'm kev by the way aka winter lol I would love another pasting can't get enough of it just hope it makes it to me in shepperton .

Posted

Will be rain...... Sunday....... Yey.....

Why do you say that? Where are the charts that show that might happen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

About 1cm in the last hour here in the Essex hills - heaviest it's been all day anyway :)

Posted

I feel your pain! All I can say is, as a parent you'll make the right call and as a parent you'll be rewarded with a crescendo of door slamming! Good luck x

Our 13yr old daughter went to N Wales yesterday with her school form class......no internet or mobiles allowed.!!!

Edited by spayne

Posted

Aside from a typical Kevin & Perry scene with my 13yr old daughter (she actually said "I hate you", slammed the door, stomped up the stairs, nearly took her bedroom door off its hinges and cranked up some awful music) because I wouldn't let her stay in the next village at a friends (weather conditions)...... its been a very good day for snow.

We haven't had extreme (check the cupboards for soup tins and dry foods) snow, but we do have a few inches.

Reading posts throughout the day, I've realised a fundamental thing.... Unless it's snowing to a point where it's gonna make us wonder if the army may need to be called to dig us out, we're never gonna be satisfied.

I know a few will argue that they'd be happy just to see a few flakes, but c'mon, be honest, we just wanna get snowed in!

Of course, that will inevitably be detrimental if it happened, but snow lovers still have a big amount of kid inside - we want epic (and then we'll just deal with the fallout as and when it happens....)

Wonderful stuff Nikki, thanks!

I ordered an online shop a few nights back and I couldn't help sneaking in a few spare soups, extra milk, contingency bread, emergency fire lighters and dried pulses. Yet when I got to the supermarket this morning to collect the order I had a chat with the customer services lady along the lines of 'you must have been flat out yesterday with peope panic buying' at which point we both shrugged and rolled our eyes. If only she knew, I'd done it too, just a little bit, but online so no-one had noticed....

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Snowing quite heavily here in Sydenham s.e London! Had over 12hrs of snow now but only about 7-8cm I think! Hope we get more on Sunday smile.png can't wait!

Looking out the window at work in docklands and can't see anything yet but on 9th floor so could be swirling around.

Posted

I feel your pain! All I can say is, as a parent you'll make the right call and as a parent you'll be rewarded with a crescendo of door slamming! Good luck x

My 13 year old doesn't slam doors she just stomps around...first thing she said when she got home from school was "no snow then?!" and stomped off,,,ah kids rofl.gif

Guest bjaykent

early tomorrow morning

UW18-21.GIF?18-18

UW18-594.GIF?18-18

possible early snow showers

very cold

east south easterly flow

PPVE89.gif?31415

UW24-21.GIF?18-18

UW24-7.GIF?18-18

UW24-594.GIF?18-18

very cold east south east wind and very strong

showers on and off throughout the day

-2 temps

brrrrrrrrrr

PPVG89.gif?31415

UW36-21.GIF?18-18

UW36-7.GIF?18-18

UW36-594.GIF?18-18

tomorrow night

strong easterly wind

precipitation around but not too heavy

very cold -6 maybe -10 near snowfields

PPVI89.gif?31415

UW48-21.GIF?18-18

UW48-7.GIF?18-18

UW48-594.GIF?18-18

sunday

bitter easterly wind

low pressure close to south east generating heavy snow all day

again sub zero day

PPVJ89.gif?31415

UW60-21.GIF?18-18

UW60-7.GIF?18-18

UW60-594.GIF?18-18

sunday night

south easterly flow

low pressure over the south east

could be some heavy snow all night

very cold -10 somewhere

PPVK89.gif?31415

UW72-7.GIF?18-18

UW72-594.GIF?18-18

monday

snow showers some heavy easing throughout the day

very cold sub zero again

variable east south east flow

Thanks John, great post as always, certainly looks promising, although it has snowed here most of the evening, still only at around 1cm but then I am very low lying here with a view from the front of the house from Tilbury Power Station out to Cliffe peninsula and Canvey Island. My indicator of heavy snow is generally when Tilbury Power Station disappears, never gone beyond fuzzy so far this evening (but that could be the second glass of Merlot) LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Wow great post great charts lets just pray it comes off I have been following this thread for the past 3 years but I'm a complete novice so excuse me for asking what's the chances of that coming off thanks in advance.

Great work

Posted

Wow

Well done on that, amazing local differences, we have not got 1/10 of that, barely even a dusting. Cars are also wet with water running down the windows so must have been much more sleety here and not under any heavy precip at all which would have made it all snow.

I know most would find this hard to believe today but technically I have not seen 1 proper snow flake! Everything has been the dandruff type sleety mess.

Missing me lovely proper snowflakes!

Strange. Don't get me wrong, I would struggle to muster a snowball but we have a decent dusting and still seeing snow. And only about 5 miles north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Horizontal moderate snow here