Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Sorry, only just got back in so missed last few hours of 'snow news' what's on the cards for tomorrow, are we on for convective streamers? Any news on the prospective Sunday event? Still snowing here in North London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

A few reports of thundersnow in the Clacton area.. shame ATD runs at such a delay!

Posted

ESE Snow Streamer setting up now Guys right in front of our eyes!!!

Places like maldon, crouch estuary etc are going to get a lot more than they bargained for, the estuary has come alive last 30 mins, going to miss most of S Essex but Central Essex should do very well!

Posted

He he. I was quite oldish when the underground closed. showing my age.

For all those who didn't have much or any snow today, very much hope you get it tonight , tomorrow or Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

NMM model also going for 5-7cms across Kent and Essex, probably 3-4cms for the rest of the region, but what is worth noting is that all comes down in the space of a few hours, so it'd be a decent fall.

Sunday really is increasingly looking like something to watch, models have been steadily upgrading this feature. A touch marginal close to the coast BUT the flow is coming from a cold France/Netherlands/Belgium.

Awesome news.

Just wondering where I can view the NMM model...

Posted

Just went out in the garden for a look (in pj's & slippers!) and it is still coming down. Despite the wind there is a cm laying on all surfaces :) So happy...it is sad how snow makes me so happy!

Posted

Peter (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockcroft said snow sun and tues and said staying cold,I bet he did not enjoy giving that forecast out! Bet he Can't wait to forecast a next mild one

Edited by snowblues

Posted

Must say it's the first time I've seem snow coming in this way, with a SE vector. Unless I've got my screen upsidedown. Again.The sacrifices I've made for the previously snow-challenged areas. 2 beers, a brace of voddy and ginger, half a bottle of brandy and the better part of a bottle of red wine. But as I'm fading from consciousness,I see my efforts have been futile, and the strong northerly that we all prayed for when la blob francais was in action has finally appeared, only to rob the poor Southenders of their inalienable right. Poor show, I say. As does my liver.

Posted

I won it recently in the Thailand Throught the Lens photo competition (http://uk.blog.touri...e-lens-winners/). yahoo.gif

Great pics btw Blackie - you deserved to win that prize. That poor little baby should have been wearing a hat though; might have to find mine for this weekend!

Posted

Places like maldon, crouch estuary etc are going to get a lot more than they bargained for, the estuary has come alive last 30 mins, going to miss most of S Essex but Central Essex should do very well!

Yep snow getting heavier here now....

Posted

A fabled Blackwater streamer? blum.gif

Posted

Need you guys to blow hard to get it to me here in NW London!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

1.2CM and rising!

Family member on her way home, should never have gone out personally but glad on way back

Posted

Well given the wind is going to be shifting steadily over the next few hours, its going to be interesting to see how this evolves, could see it spray most of S.Essex, N.Kent and maybe further inland as well as the winds shift through the early hours.

I think you'll be getting more snow tonight Paul...you'll be pleased to hear!

Posted

16mph ESE'ly.

Balls!

Just our luck lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Can someone please explain to me a reason why snow keeps going around me but will not seem to fall in my location? I'm serious is there a scientific reason for this. It has gone N,S,E, and W, and now it is right next to my location but will not move W. Really frustrating.

Posted

1.2CM and rising!

Family member on her way home, should never have gone out personally but glad on way back

Where is your location? Think I'm close to you but we've only got a dusting still

Posted

Still a little pathetic here @ 2cm-

but have had a fun night

What are peoples thoughts on this photolooks better on the camera- looks like a white ghost-???

post-1235-0-79270200-1358549087_thumb.jp

BTW the PPN in the channel to the South is closing up & closing in fast recurving!!!

Worth another 2 hours radar watching-

What wind vectors are best to use on the radar the 700 / 850 ? I can't remember which level represents best rain clouds as that is some action coming off France , the 850 lands it here the 750 curves it round to more Essex way , thanks Steve

Posted

An I gonna see any more snow tonight down here or can I stop lamp postt watching :-)

Edited by Sara

Posted

anything heavy tonight do you think mate

Around 01:00 hrs +/- (There's more snow, but just looking at the 01:00 hrs time for now) biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

post-2721-0-67259500-1358550060_thumb.gi

post-2721-0-81640600-1358550067_thumb.pn