Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

2 Roads away Lol - They will not find it difficult to get out and about tomorrow!

and i am in Coniston . . . small world :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

That shower over surrey looks like it's rotating at the min, I think I've been watching the radar to much and have started seeing things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

2 Roads away Lol - They will not find it difficult to get out and about tomorrow!

haha.......and he bought a new snow shovel 2 weeks ago, lmao

Posted

That shower over surrey looks like it's rotating at the min, I think I've been watching the radar to much and have started seeing things.

Snownado incoming!!

Posted

Lol we could go on all night ritzys ! Blacksmiths , rue st George

So many ones on and on lol

Posted

Coming down lightly here. Prob have close to 0.75cm now, wooo!

Im actually going to go against the grain and big up the GFS for today in terms of ppn distribution. From memory it said I would have 2mm IMBY by midnight. The UKMO said about 6mm, the NAE 7mm. With just under 2 hours to go and showers still about, its clear the GFS is going to be a damn sight closer.

Im impressed and will take it a little more seriously in terms of its ppn predictions from now on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Really like Buddha Lounge!x

ahhhh Buddah Lounge. Never seen anything as close to bedrooms in a high street Club.... i digress

Posted

EESE action starting from Thanet (LOL) and heading towards the estuary. Good luck chaps and chapesses.

Posted

PPVM89.gif?31415

PPVO89.gif?31415

gonna update these tomorrow

however very cold wind flow

under 528 dam air

plenty of precipitation about

look good but but want to see these again tomorrow nightdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Same :) budhah lounge was great

Yeh, funky and chilled - bit like the SE is right now! (see how I tried to get us back on topic there, lol!)x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

looks like Canterbury and Margate are going to get buried in a few mins

Edited by fluid dynamic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Fellow residents of the south east, I know some of you have the raintoday radar bookmarked, and it is a well loved view of the rain (snow) today. But did you know that http://www.netweather.tv/radar updates faster, has lightning, satellite and your weather reports as optional layers. And it makes sure I don't have to keep selling the kids school shoes on eBay, one at a time...

Posted

Hi Bunny Girl - good to see you on here again. Have you been hiding so far this winter?

This is what I posted earlier:

Posted Today, 14:24

No snow here yet, but I am happy as I had a delivery this morning...a brand new Nikon D3200 SLR camera with an 18-15mm lens! I won it recently in the Thailand Throught the Lens photo competition (http://uk.blog.touri...e-lens-winners/). yahoo.gif

post-2999-0-17774500-1358518873_thumb.jpg post-2999-0-92601600-1358518901_thumb.jpg

Just need the snow to practice taking pictures on it, ready for the trip to Thailand next month that I also won.

As I said, I need to get out and about to take some pictures with it. Fingers crossed we get some real snow here in South Essex from the fabled Thames Streamer or Sunday's predicted front.

remember to over expose by approx 1 stop to stop the snow looking grey..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

remember to over expose by approx 1 stop to stop the snow looking grey..!!

I have a v similar camera so thanx for the tip!x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Thanks John P for the weekend Faxes and precip charts.Hope tomorrow is lul before storm although can't rule out light snow across tomorrow.As you say,if the charts tomorrow night are same as tonights for Sunday and Monday i think there will be a few amber warnings being issued.Lets hope eh?

Posted

and i am in Coniston . . . small world smile.png

Small world indeed I live down "The Maze" We are all mad snow lovers and Storms......Ahem

Posted

Fellow residents of the south east, I know some of you have the raintoday radar bookmarked, and it is a well loved view of the rain (snow) today. But did you know that http://www.netweather.tv/radar updates faster, has lightning, satellite and your weather reports as optional layers. And it makes sure I don't have to keep selling the kids school shoes on eBay, one at a time...

If i sign up, can you promise guarantee to get it to send some non-dandruff snow up to Ashford?

Posted

Hi Bunny Girl - good to see you on here again. Have you been hiding so far this winter?

This is what I posted earlier:

Posted Today, 14:24

No snow here yet, but I am happy as I had a delivery this morning...a brand new Nikon D3200 SLR camera with an 18-15mm lens! I won it recently in the Thailand Throught the Lens photo competition (http://uk.blog.touri...e-lens-winners/). yahoo.gif

post-2999-0-17774500-1358518873_thumb.jpg post-2999-0-92601600-1358518901_thumb.jpg

Just need the snow to practice taking pictures on it, ready for the trip to Thailand next month that I also won.

As I said, I need to get out and about to take some pictures with it. Fingers crossed we get some real snow here in South Essex from the fabled Thames Streamer or Sunday's predicted front.

Very nice too Blackie - you had best make the best of snow then, as you won't get that in Thailand - but I do look forward to seeing the resulting pictures.

Not been hiding so much as sheltering; not from the weather but from broken boilers and showers and dishwashers.

Can anyone tell me if I am going to be able to drive to Sydenham for work on Monday morning from Gravesend? The right answer would be no...

Posted

Are you bigging up snow for Thanet?

In theory, you should be under it now. Did you remember to turn the snowshield off? A bottle of red apparently does the trick...