Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

This looks like a very good 2 hours for Dartford down to Eastbourne & 10 miles west of those points-

S

I'd extend that zone up the eastern side of London and up to Chigwell Steve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

If someone cannot be bothered to state their location then "Ignore" button must come into play.

Don't see the point of posting info if there is no idea of what location they are referring to.

Goodbye manutdmatt1986

Umm..

His location is in both his profile and his signature, it seems you're the one with the problem, not him

Confirm what Steve is saying above, was easing up, but in last 5 minute back up to a 7/8 on the murrometer. Must be over 3" now.

Push it down the hill to greenhithe- i think my other half is winding me up- keep getting texts saying not much :(but the postcode da10 which is east of home is under the dark blue---S

I'd extend that zone up the eastern side of London and up to Chigwell Steve.

yes of course Points due north as well.....S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Still fairly heavy snow here & up above the 17cm mark now

did you state you are in Morden ? Whereabouts ?

Posted

maybe about 3 cms here - rather disappointing.

You do not need to go far to find the 6cm + - We have crunchy snow underfoot and 2 big snowmen already which I will upload the pictures later, the road outside atm is a huge Parents v Kids snowball fight!

Posted

Been snowing for 8 hours here 8cm but its been mostly light to moderate a few periods it was heavier but mostly moderate flakes to small granular..... Hoping for a bit of heavier stuff before it fizzles out..... Should be snowing here for a few more hours yet.... Footprints and tyre tracks from earlier are covered.....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I made it! Just got back via Lewes Rd Sainburys to get some mussels, white wine, cream, parsley and garlic - seems perfect occasion for it.

Surprised this snow is still falling! It's even harder now. Even more surprised when I looked at the radar! I thought it was going to fizzle but seems still going strong :)

glad you made it ok,I'm on my way round sounds yummy lol.Yeah it hasn't let up has it? And yes it's def heavier with bigger flakes.Fantastic day x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

been non stop here since about 8.30am (at least I have seen it non stop. we did take my step daughter back to Ware for a few hours). Seems like its been heavier here in Stevenage than it was in Ware. Its mounting up in places and although mainly light there are heavier bursts. Seems like there is still plenty more to come yet too.

Posted

Umm..

His location is in both his profile and his signature, it seems you're the one with the problem, not him

Yeah, realise my mistake, I always look at the info under the pix of the poster.

Agree I was the one with the problem and have apologised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

An Easyjet flight from Geneva to London Southend just took 3 attempts to land, buzzed over my house, heavy snizzle and +0.9°c

Posted

Still lots of epicness here in Leytonstone, moderate snow, certainly no signs of grass and roads plastered. . . though temps are around 0.5c here (have an old crappy non-digital thermometer which has crept above zero). Interested to know other temp readings from C/E/NE london?

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I made it! Just got back via Lewes Rd Sainburys to get some mussels, white wine, cream, parsley and garlic - seems perfect occasion for it.

Surprised this snow is still falling! It's even harder now. Even more surprised when I looked at the radar! I thought it was going to fizzle but seems still going strong smile.png

Me too alpine. It's more marginal now but moderate snow still. A good 5-6 cm on top of Friday's base!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Is it normal for the Medway Towns to get lighter snow than surrounding areas? (I've not lived here long). The line of lighter snow just keeps passing over us.

Just down to plain luck more than anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Is it normal for the Medway Towns to get lighter snow than surrounding areas? (I've not lived here long). The line of lighter snow just keeps passing over us.

We normally get really good snow. We fared better than most in 2009/2010 and we normally get great snow, but the last two years, I dunno what has happened but it keeps missing ussorry.gif

Just been for a walk out in it, about 2 inches deep now, so not snowman building levels but beuatiful to look at nonetheless.