Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z --------->

A.J

Posted

Heavy snow here as I type, looks fab in the lamp post outside. I keep on getting the look of the wife which makes me laugh. The local weather website here is predicting totals of around 7cm, can't see it some how but would love to be proven wrong.

Posted

Did you just say B*****D,GSLshok.gifclap.gif

The wind is so strong here the flakes are blowing horizontally! The thinnest covering on the car but its a start.

Posted

So from 2c its dropped so quick to 0.5c all wet surfaces is now covered. this is a big upgrade for low ground areas!

Posted

So who's staying up all night then?

Probably around 1am for me but I'm sure I will be waking up at regular intervals to see what's happening smile.png

I'm thinking 2am sleep till 7am then more than likely exam will be cancelled and I'd be really p* off but oh well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very very light here. Been snowing for almost 5hrs and I doubt if we have 1cm, lower your expectations guys unless of course your higher elevation serves you well. Good luck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Still nothing here, can't be long now though.

HA HA!,i was in the same shoes as you HC,earlier,it was a big waiting game for it to move up from the south and it stalled at one point for a hour or so and i was thinking the worst but also thinking the best at the same time,as for it to stall further south we would be in the freezer longer in some respect.

Posted

Hi. NW Leeds Russ. Near Pudsey Congs cricket club and getting quite giddy....

In those new builds off Hough Side Road?

I saw a car having a great time getting out of there yesterday as I walked past! That drive is about 30% !!!.

Posted

Blizzard like conditions here with quite large flakes, probably very wet flakes but the temperature is decreasing slowly so hopefully a covering could be on the cards.

Now most definately snow, but very wet here so not settling at the moment. Wind is very fierce and gusty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been heavy for the last 20 minutes or so and starting to get a decent covering now after the large thaw today!

Good luck that heavier burst lasted for about 10mins here

Posted

not to put you on the spot or anything , what do you think our weather will be like a week on wednesday.... bitter... cold... mildish.... or mush?

Haha - no pressure!

Pretty impressive model consensus tonight (OP's and ENS) for a return to something a bit less cold as we move towards the start of next week certainly, and at this stage, with the canadian vortex looking to go on a bit of a sight-seeing tour (the main sight being the north atlantic) we are likely to eventually see something less cold for a time. I still honestly wouldn't place too much emphasis on modelling beyond 120hrs at this stage, as energy direction there continues to differ amongst the UKMO/ECMWF/GFS.

Middle of next week - I would favour temperatures probably in the range of 4-8c (from NE to SW across the UK), though whether we see HP or LP influence is still the biggest question.

Beyond that, with MJO forecasts becoming more keen on phase 8 towards February:

ALL_emean_phase_full.gif

Suggesting something like this:

FebruaryPhase8500mb.gif

One would suspect that the atlantic wouldn't be trough dominated for too long...

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

The wind is so strong here the flakes are blowing horizontally! The thinnest covering on the car but its a start.

yes GSL,same here now,the wind is really pick up with powdery snow blowing everywhere,good stuff.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted

I see reports of big flakes in Barnsley, and see my area looking good on radar, but outside just a few small flakes are falling, what's happening?

Posted

Unlikely your exam will be cancelled providing a caretaker and a teacher can get in - even if lessons cancelled.

Wondering if we've a bit of snow coming to Skipton...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold.

I reckon we've had it for about an hour so far, snow is getting thicker and quite gusty, certainly wouldn't call it blizzard.

120M ASL in Worrall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Small flakes but blowing around like mad sky is starting to go that nice orange colour winds very gusty :-)

Posted

Haha - no pressure!

SK

Kris . you and Nick Sussex are the 2 best posters on NW .........keep up the good work ....thanks for your input on Planetwatch too , regards JS