• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

1.1°C and 88% humidity

Temp is dropping and humidity rising, intresting line of showers now in B channel.

Snow grains falling, but more sleety than earlier. And snow has thawed quite a bit today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Prince Charles Poundbury, certainly not built with idea that they may have snow or icy weather, Most of streets too narrow for council to grit, Nightmare getting around there,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Gfs has ppn in Bristol channel moving NE due to the impending front ... but we will see if we get lucky

Nice large echo on the 4.30 met office radar, to west of me in the channel and it's heading due east at the moment.

Posted

Gfs has ppn in Bristol channel moving NE due to the impending front ... but we will see if we get lucky

Looking at the radar it appears to be moving directly east at the moment. looking at Weston we might just get lucky

Edited by warren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

This is the info sent to hubby this afternoon, it's the official METO release to the council:

Tonight (Monday night) another weather system will move across Southwestern England from around 0300 and it's likely to bring another spell of rain and sleet to many areas, but this will gradually turn to snow, with the snowfall then continuing throughout the remainder of Tuesday.

Snowfall amounts look likely to be enough to give some problems on the transport network throughout Tuesday and our current best estimate is we see amounts of the order of 2-5cm of snow possible in parts of Avon & Somerset, Dorset and perhaps Western parts of Gloucestershire (Forest of Dean) and Wiltshire as well, and we may see as much as 10cm in some higher communities. We will shortly have a yellow warning on our website highlighting this forecast.

However there is a reasonable chance that snowfall rates could be rather higher during Tuesday, perhaps enough to give us a similar level of widespread disruption to transport networks across that we saw on Friday. Snowfall levels of this rate would prompt us to issue an Amber warning, and if we see increasing evidence for this higher snowfall scenario over the next few hours we will issue an Amber warning later this afternoon.

Further ahead we'll see cold temperatures continue towards the end of the week, although there doesn't seem to be a risk from further spells of snowfall.

Posted

Looking into the future (a decidedly dodgy endeavour at the moment, given uncertainties in the near term), the GFS 12z goes for a mildly interesting evolution by sending the residual vortex from Canda into the atlantic by next weekend, manifesting itself as a sub 930mb dartboard low. Thus heralding the arrival of [sorry for swearing] wet, windy and mild :

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20130121/12/123/airpressure.png

I think I'll forget about that for now, though, too much of interest in the next 36-48 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It looks like bristol may get a couple of light showers before most of the ones further out move further ne over south wales?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Wow. Compared to this morning all the snow has thawed quite a bit! Pavements and roads are now clear bar the huge lumps of rock salt and ice stuck together. Only the fields and plants have snow on them now.

Will February deliver? I hope so as my bday is next month! :p

Posted

The PPN seems to be pepping up as a whole in the SW intresting times whether we see anything or not :) good luck all

Posted

Still appears to be moving east. Think we might actually see something from this. smile.png

I'm suprised Jay hasn't been on asking if it's going to snow in Cardiff.

Posted

Wow. Compared to this morning all the snow has thawed quite a bit! Pavements and roads are now clear bar the huge lumps of rock salt and ice stuck together. Only the fields and plants have snow on them now.

Will February deliver? I hope so as my bday is next month! :p

I was surprised how much of a thaw took place today - i thought i'd be coming home to compact snow on our pavements and up my street.

For what it's worth Raintoday has Bristol down for light snow this evening over a 2 hour period - i guess in the form of showers from the Bristol channel streamer that appears to be developing.

Posted

From the Wales thread:

snowing nicely here now smile.png

This is a Bristol Channel streamer if ever I've seen one. Completely not forecast as far as I'm aware.

All I need is for it to shift five miles north and I get to see a little.

Gone very dark, snowing quite heavily atmclapping.gif !

Most of my memorable snow events have been from BC streamers, hope this is another one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

Am baffled, various PPN charts posted above suggest my location might be in for a bit of snow tonight and tomorrow night, however Met Office forecast not having any of it!! Anyone else finding the same?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Iv got to be honest it does like a classic , Iv don't very well from them in the past they tend to travel up the severn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Damn, doesn't look like I will be seeing any of the snow tomorrow. Not seen one flake this winter. Hoping for a change, fingers crossed.