Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 22nd 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Right you lot if you haven't already built a snowman get out there an do it quick....

Build a snowman by order of the GOVERNMENT! Environment Agency urges homeowners to pile up ice and prevent flooding by delaying thaw

http://www.dailymail...aying-thaw.html

post-10773-0-14037300-1358977590_thumb.j

I thought it was a joke you made up until I saw the Daily Fail link...is our government run by Mr.Blobby and Co?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hi all could this Thames streamer reach our parts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

I thought it was a joke you made up until I saw the Daily Fail link...is our government run by Mr.Blobby and Co?

Hi ps,not. Been well this evening so doped up on pills.can u tell me wats happening this streamer please thank Sam x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

very light snow out there at the moment. wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for people in southend on Facebook mentioning it and my rain alarm going off. looked out the window on the off chance that what was falling in southend had head this way. that's twice again today I have seen snow. this winter is Definitely going well :-)

Posted

I know it's reached felstead but how can it get this far east when it's an easterly wind ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

Hi all could this Thames streamer reach our parts?

It's still pushing in to south Essex and just into south Hertfordshire. I don't think it will go any further north, because it loses energy (snow) very quickly.

It's snowing here! Very light and slight dusting on the cars down our road.

Magicbat

Posted

According to that dex it's on me lol

Posted

heavy snow here for hour and a half, i rode from pitsea to southend (13 -15 miles) in pitsea about half a centimetreon cars othing on road not,very heavy but very wet snow, about 4cm on my gloves thou :D

Posted

As I expected, the band is dying away now leaving a dry night generally.

Posted

That band of PPN disintegrated like West Ham's defence in the 2nd half tonight.

Wait...what? West Ham have a defence?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

An uneventful morning here, weatherwise. About 2C, so still the slow thaw goes on. I've given up on this spell now; maybe the 2nd week in February for the next cold possibility then? :)

Posted

The last hurrah for a while?

prectypeuktopo.png

Rukm483.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all.

Morning Steve and all,

Still plenty of snow cover in MK...Temperature -0.5 °C & Dew Point -1.6 °C I think it's going to be here until the rain arrives at the weekend to wash it away...I wouldn't say no to a reload in a couple of weeks but I'm personally quite content with the amount of cold and snow I've had so far this winter, but I did think this was funny !

post-10773-0-02141800-1359014703_thumb.j

Posted

So is the possible significant snow the BBC were blabbing on about for Friday off now?

I'm not even thinking about it tbh. I think snow followed immediately by rain or thaw is just a pain in the backside.

Posted

I'm not even thinking about it tbh. I think snow followed immediately by rain or thaw is just a pain in the backside.

Well if I'm going to enter a period of mild boring dross I'd rather a snow to rain event rather than just rain.

Posted

Morning Steve and all,

Still plenty of snow cover in MK...Temperature -0.5 °C & Dew Point -1.6 °C I think it's going to be here until the rain arrives at the weekend to wash it away...I wouldn't say no to a reload in a couple of weeks but I'm personally quite content with the amount of cold and snow I've had so far this winter, but I did think this was funny !

post-10773-0-02141800-1359014703_thumb.j

You guys seem to have done pretty well, way out west tongue.png . The trouble with my area, is that although we had reasonable snowfall on Sunday and Monday was pretty decent too for temperatures, a thaw then set in on Tuesday and that's been the way since. Your temperatures of 2 or 3 degrees lower have made it quite a long lasting event.

Until the next time!smile.png

Posted

So is the possible significant snow the BBC were blabbing on about for Friday off now?

Well for my region it might be significant in it's blandness, but I can only really see a load of sleet and rain for most of the South tomorrow. But then I'm not a professional meteorologist with £billions of equipment and data to hand!

Edited by Coast

Posted

Plenty of snow still here, however, most paths are nice and enjoyable sheets of ice! Tomorrow, I haven't really looked at the models, but, there seems to be a lot of disagreement over it still. Interesting that the BBC seems to be rather confident about us all seeing snow tomorrow night. At the moment, it seems that once again, no one is sure what is going to happen.

Posted

Plenty of snow still here, however, most paths are nice and enjoyable sheets of ice! Tomorrow, I haven't really looked at the models, but, there seems to be a lot of disagreement over it still. Interesting that the BBC seems to be rather confident about us all seeing snow tomorrow night. At the moment, it seems that once again, no one is sure what is going to happen.

Imho, I really don't think it's anything to get excited about. Certainly where I live, these events have been almost universally non descript in my memory. You might start seeing snow, which will possibly be heavy. Then you'll notice that the snow flakes are falling quickly, meaning it's turning sleety. Then it's time to await the next reload of cold...

Only time will tell of course though. smile.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Well for my region it might be significant in it's blandness, but I can only really see a load of sleet and rain for most of the South tomorrow. But then I'm not a professional meteorologist with £billions of equipment and data to hand!

Just before bed last night Louise Lear on the BBC news channel was going for 5cm for this region.

Meto update for tomorrow is pretty uninspiring.

Carol Kirkwood just have a little good news: heavy snow reaching London by 9pm tomorrow and had our whole region and the SE corner under snow.

Snow amounts uncertain but 2-5cm for our region looks likely at present but that could change to more.

Posted

So, a bit windy late afternoon Sunday then?

90_21.gif

90_45.gif

Edited by Coast