Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Hubby's got a disco, I've got a Defender, if you can't get him home, PM me, one of us will manage it.

Thanks .Have a Pathfinder,so will be ok.He's 21 but has got a very sensible head on him (done his pass plus and other extra training)but nothing preps you for what we have here!!!!!! Once again thank you!!!! x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Lol! I'm getting depressed as its not settling! It's car age a few miles away from here... No fair ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Wow!!!!!

Just gone from very wet flakes that were just making slush, to huge drier flakes that have made EVERYTHING white in about 10 minutes!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Sunshine,

Can hear heavy rain on the roof of my Park home...dammit! Oh well...will be able to get to work tomorrow which is good cos we are self employed..and it was pretty while it lasted..we dont often have 3 1/2 days of lying snow down here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

I'm torturing myself reading this :@( just rain , rain rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For those not sure of where we are heading further out from the immediate situation, would do no harm in reading AWDs thoughts from earlier.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75698-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-220113-00z/page__st__340#entry2558626

Posted

I think you should look at the radar again , your exaggerating so much there, it's an intense area of snow , it wouldn't go anywhere as it is at the minute until midnight at least, it has lost a bit of intensity , but still reds , greens , yellows in there , it will wax and wane a little , but it's a very snowy night , and some places will get over 20cm

Had another look at the radar and watched the TV forecast (BBC1) and nothing there to say it will be snowing for any more than a couple of more hours in the East of the Region here. I accept it will go on snowing for sometime to the West and I hope you get a deluge. Maybe I was a bit IMBY with my post. Take care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

that annoying woman

Scottish Carol from BBC Breakfast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Are you for reall mate? Have you not been following this ? Have a look at the radar! 2or 3am is my guess, hence the potential for massive falls

No I haven't had time - I'm a gardener, been at work all day, no computers in the garden. Spent the day clearing the mess from the last lot, the weight of the snow cracked several panes of glass in the big greenhouses - had to make those safe. Also an ancient Yew tree lost a huge bough due to weigh too.

Posted

havant.

Ah so not in Portsmouth at all then lol

I'm torturing myself reading this :@( just rain , rain rain here

Me too, you are not alone in your rainy misery cray.gif

Posted

Awesome weather, on way home from work, missus calls me, ome pick me up with, has our 3yr old son with her. Drive down in to frome, park up and let air out of tyres bar a little bit and drove back up north parade as bath st to steep, phew we made it back alright and lovely big snow flakes still chcuking it down must be 1 1/2 inch deep i reckon or more.

Guessing the main roads in Frome are getting bad then??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Just be a memory in couple of days,

I guess so but a happy fun one for those that have had lots of snow...continually...whilst parts of Devon and Cornwall have hardly seen a flake...I just don't think it's been cold enough )entrenched cold) in the peninsula whilst places that have more elevation like Dartmoor, Tiverton, cullompton etc have more elevation...just goes to show it really has been pot luck and elevation...we've been on knifes edge all winter so I can't help feel very very disappointed

Posted

It's wine o'clock here.

Think it may be here too. . . . Very depressed that we will miss out, at least think we will, hope not though!!!!! PASS THE WINE!!!!!!!!! :-(

Posted

Ah so not in Portsmouth at all then lol

Me too, you are not alone in your rainy misery cray.gif

And me not seen a flake of snow here there been snow around but non here the snow dome is working in overtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Reminds me of 18th December 2010 when it seemed everywhere around me was pounded with snow , and us poor coasters got rain ..,,.,, :@( , enjoy your fluffy flakes guys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Guessing the main roads in Frome are getting bad then??

Very bad.

But looking at the radar, its all weakening to the southeast of us somwill ease up shortly :-(