Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Meto have me forecast for snow this afternoon between 3 and 6pm sadly I'm at work cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Just looked at the UKMO high res,

Firstly at noon today 850s for many in our region are between -1/-2 the 0c isotherm is well clear (at this stage) and with cold at the surface I'd say 850s of -1/-2 are cold enough for snow to fall. So with the first bit off ppn looking to be arriving a little earlier than forecast a bit of snow is possible for many.

U12-7.GIF?25-06

However UKMO doesn't bring the main band in until much later tonight this is for 1am

U24-594.GIF?25-06

850s just about cold enough for the far north of the region, and with some evaporative cooling under heavy ppn could be interesting.

U24-7.GIF?25-06

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Completely off topic (I've sent myself to the naughty step) but couldn't resist sharing this.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267993/Pprtland-Arctic-sea-smoke-Chicago-warehouse-frozen-burning-days-later.html

WOW!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Completely off topic (I've sent myself to the naughty step) but couldn't resist sharing this.....

http://www.dailymail...days-later.html

WOW!!!!!

Wow is an understatement, some really amazing pictures theregood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Expect last morning for while to see snow on hills, Some deep stuff along hedges, 2.0c and overcast,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

http://www.dailymail...days-later.html

WOW!!!!!

I saw this as well. They were using something called compressed air foam as far as I know. We have used it before on house fires as it is more effective than water in most circumstances. Never seen it freeze though!!

Nowcast, was snowing, now drizzle.... bye bye snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Even though seen many cold/snowy winters in my life, and now should be planning coming fishing season [ lots river work], I secretly would like to see another cold outbreak before winter over,,,,,,,Simply because I have enjoyed watching and contributing to this forum over snowy spell, Thanks all for entertaining period,,,,,,,, good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Just been out across the fields with the dogs, coorrr thats bitter. I was very thankful for my furry trapper hat,I think my ears would have fallen off. I do have very red numb cheeks though and my face feels pretty raw too smile.png

Posted

Even though seen many cold/snowy winters in my life, and now should be planning coming fishing season [ lots river work], I secretly would like to see another cold outbreak before winter over,,,,,,,Simply because I have enjoyed watching and contributing to this forum over snowy spell, Thanks all for entertaining period,,,,,,,, good.gif

I have to agree cerneman, being part of this forum has been great. I think what is important to remember is that we are only half way through the winter, so plenty of time for some more cold. But even if it didn't come, I have had my "fix" as it were. I just hope that the floods don't cause to many problems.

Thanks to all for a very entertaining few weeks. Who knows, I may even put my brave hat on and venture into the MOD thread next winter!!

Is this first band of precip producing snow?

Yes indeed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Met office video filmed on Dartmoor, How snow, hail and sleet form

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Im telling you all now, I can feel it in mah bones.

Mid Feb is going to be Epic! EPIC I TELL YE!

Posted

Im telling you all now, I can feel it in mah bones.

Mid Feb is going to be Epic! EPIC I TELL YE!

To pun a phrase from the MOD thread.... charts please?? Haha!! Just kidding.

We use bones to forecast in the southwest, and if your bones say its going to be epic then that good enough for me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

To pun a phrase from the MOD thread.... charts please?? Haha!! Just kidding.

We use bones to forecast in the southwest, and if your bones say its going to be epic then that good enough for me!!

Ha :)

Yes, The old methods are always the best.

I can also predict thunderstorms with my head :) - I tend to get a really bad headache normally 30 mins before it arrives. Very odd but works :)

Posted

Ha smile.png

Yes, The old methods are always the best.

I can also predict thunderstorms with my head smile.png - I tend to get a really bad headache normally 30 mins before it arrives. Very odd but works smile.png

Haha!! Amazing!! My firend in Princetown said it won't snow, because he can't smell it. We are a funny old bunch in this part of the country!!

Posted

OK, one to watch, the Sat Rep prediction of where those fronts will be by 21z tonight:

LOC_20130125_0900.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Haha!! Amazing!! My firend in Princetown said it won't snow, because he can't smell it. We are a funny old bunch in this part of the country!!

It might seem funny but there is a change in the air before it snows and I can smell snow. I cant describe it at all though. I also know when its going to be a storm as my head hurts and my left shoulder starts aching. If a storm is coming people flee from me as I seem to attract lightening, must be a inherited thing as my gran's gran was killed by lightening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Any news on the front that seems ahead of schedule?

Doubt I'll see anything at work here but I can always hope. search.gif

Posted

Looking at the radar its just edged into Somerset.

Posted

It might seem funny but there is a change in the air before it snows and I can smell snow. I cant describe it at all though. I also know when its going to be a storm as my head hurts and my left shoulder starts aching. If a storm is coming people flee from me as I seem to attract lightening, must be a inherited thing as my gran's gran was killed by lightening.

Definitely something in it. I guess thats my animals go mad when something stormy is coming.

Posted

I feel so sad its all coming to an end (for now), Im so pleased I found this forum as its been lovely shareing the snowy weather with like minded people that all live in the same area, and people with knowledge too, Hope we can all enjoy another snowy spell together soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Got light sleet falling here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

I get really hyper active an hour before thunder storms, much to the annoyance of anyone around me. My Dad gets bad headaches a few hours before heavy persistent snow. I get annoyed when snow thaws, but that's not prediction...