Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Overnight low of -0.5c , everywhere frosty this morning , just the usual grey dross now though

Posted

Very blustery here now...much rather have snow than this although not to bad for a mild day lol

Temp 6c now doesnt feel it ccccold

Posted

Blimey how quiet it is on here ive spent most of the day talking to myself ;)

Posted

Hefty hail shower now and i mean hefty

Thunder and lightening now

How mental was that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Very quiet but wont be in 7-10 days time. Our favoured weather looks like its coming. Northerly & North Westerly.

Yes Glenn, looking hopeful for something more than the 'wonderful' easterly that has little to offer. Lets hope for an arctic NNW outpouring. Height rises looking interesting daily now. Keeping an eye on the mod thread but without saying much!

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted

Off to have my tea now curry mmmm

to warm you up on this mild day ;-)

Posted

Hefty hail shower now and i mean hefty

Thunder and lightening now

How mental was that

Don't like thunder and lightning, especially in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx

TWO's headline looking hopeful today! Would be great if the chart on that page verified.

Posted

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx

TWO's headline looking hopeful today! Would be great if the chart on that page verified.

im liking that a lot

Don't like thunder and lightning, especially in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep...

yes it can be very freaky at night im more scared than the kids lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Just me and Davemac on here lol

will die a deaf til the charts show promise in the reliable timeframe sadly. id normally just watch the model forum and not bother with in here when nothings happening but i enjoyed the last two week and don't wanna go ha

Posted

will die a deaf til the charts show promise in the reliable timeframe sadly. id normally just watch the model forum and not bother with in here when nothings happening but i enjoyed the last two week and don't wanna go ha

me too

me too

I find it better talking in here, I hate the model thread its just full of Southerners hoping and praying for the Screaming Easterly that always brings the bacon home apparently. They're obsessed with easterly's, I really hope this NNW cold spell come's off as we move in to February! One of them was even trying to say that the heavy Snow that fell in parts of the North West last Friday night was just a "moderate" dusting! For crying out loud 30cm fell across quite a wide area, by reading such nonsense like that you'd think they get regular 30cm dustings down south! Anyway rant over! lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I find it better talking in here, I hate the model thread its just full of Southerners hoping and praying for the Screaming Easterly that always brings the bacon home apparently. They're obsessed with easterly's, I really hope this NNW cold spell come's off as we move in to February! One of them was even trying to say that the heavy Snow that fell in parts of the North West last Friday night was just a "moderate" dusting! For crying out loud 30cm fell across quite a wide area, by reading such nonsense like that you'd think they get regular 30cm dustings down south! Anyway rant over! lol smile.png

Yes people spitting their dummies out because they want an easterly. I can tell that's the reason behind some of the negativity.

Noticed Steve mentioned time running out for snowfall. That's true if you're after an easterly but for us polar N'lys and NW'lys can deliver right throughout March. I've seen snow inches deep from a Cheshire gap streamer in March.

Edited by CreweCold

Yes people spitting their dummies out because they want an easterly. I can tell that's the reason behind some of the negativity.

An easterly only ever really produces snow showers for the east coastal fringes at best, a NNW can bring showers down across a large swathe of the country and with that direction it obviously favors us for showers coming in off the Irish sea and down through the Cheshire gap.

Edited by DaveMac82

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

An easterly only ever really produces snow showers for the east coastal fringes at best, a NNW can bring showers down across a large swathe of the country and with that direction it obviously favors us for showers coming in off the Irish sea and down through the Cheshire gap.

December 25th 2004........lovely

Rrea00120041225.gif

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

I find it better talking in here, I hate the model thread its just full of Southerners hoping and praying for the Screaming Easterly that always brings the bacon home apparently. They're obsessed with easterly's, I really hope this NNW cold spell come's off as we move in to February! One of them was even trying to say that the heavy Snow that fell in parts of the North West last Friday night was just a "moderate" dusting! For crying out loud 30cm fell across quite a wide area, by reading such nonsense like that you'd think they get regular 30cm dustings down south! Anyway rant over! lol :)

i have just had a post removed from in there. They were saying that nobody can predict a big freeze and all i said was "The Daily Mail can...well i thought it was funny...there so touchy

December 25th 2004........lovely

Rrea00120041225.gif

Yep perfect!

i have just had a post removed from in there. They were saying that nobody can predict a big freeze and all i said was "The Daily Mail can...well i thought it was funny...there so touchy

I honestly wouldn't bother with them in there mate, they stopped me posting for a while a while back because they didn't like what I had to say, all I was doing was pointing out that the UK has other regions in it other than the South East. Bang 2 warning points and a posting restriction!