IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Hail here too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thanks for that - Looked quite snowy over Sheffield way. If anyone in that area can give constant updates about what's happening there this week i'd be happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Any particular reason? Traveling there by any chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Nothing wintry in the showers here yet, but the temperature has dropped to 3.7C so I think I'll start to see the showers turn wintry shortly. Judging by the radar there's going to be a fair supply of them for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Lightening strikes, thunder and now hail passing through here...

Posted

Hello PTFD, I've moved away from Slawit' now i live up in the hills above Sowerby Bridge....Anyway, Showers turning very wintery here now, hail and wet snow...tomorrow will be fun!

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

0.7C and thundersnow blizzard, theres a light wet covering starting on the path and cars.

Posted

I'm inclined (through no scientific reason) to think the showers will be more NW England down to the Midlands, missing our region - but I could be wrong, and if I am, we could have some very substantial snow tonight (for the 3rd time in as many weeks!). Got caught out in an absolutely torrential rain/hail storm earlier on (this morning time), was so bad that despite the rain coat I was soaked to the bone. If the snow falls at that intensity tonight (if it does fall at all) then there really could be some interesting scenes tomorrow morning.

Edited by ITSY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

This is ace, temps up and down like Jordans pants, 0.6C to 1.4C, snow to sleety rain then back to snow with lightening and thunder a couple of seconds later.

Looking promising for later through the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Like I said typical

Posted

Just got home from York and caught the tail end of a shower at Fridaythorpe with some snow coming down. Temp here 2.2 but had been down to 1.7. Not really expecting much here in a Westerly, but remember many nights like this in Penistone with continuous heavy snow showers.

Posted

I'm inclined (through no scientific reason) to think the showers will be more NW England down to the Midlands, missing our region - but I could be wrong, and if I am, we could have some very substantial snow tonight (for the 3rd time in as many weeks!). Got caught out in an absolutely torrential rain/hail storm earlier on (this morning time), was so bad that despite the rain coat I was soaked to the bone. If the snow falls at that intensity tonight (if it does fall at all) then there really could be some interesting scenes tomorrow morning.

I got caught out this afternoon too, heavy horizontal rain and hail, i was only in it for approx 3minutes and it felt like i was getting beaten up.

Got in the house and was soaked, even me boxers were soaked.

Posted

anyone catch BBC Look North? For what the automated computer forecasts are worth, they have downgraded snow tonight in Leeds to just a couple hours of light snow with sleet and light snow showers either side. Could well be that it does indeed edge further Southwards. Reckon Sheffield could be very interesting tonight.

EDIT: just looked at Sheffield's automated forecast and it is indeed continuous light or heavy snow virtually all night. a few miles here or there could be all the difference.

Edited by ITSY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

All to the south if leeds!! Humiliating

Posted

So far every single shower has managed to evade us here, but its just as well as its still 5.3C with a dewpoint of 2.5C so anything that fell would be rain.

Posted

All to the south if leeds!! Humiliating

Chill those graphics don't mean anything, as with showers and alignments of snow streamers they are always hit and miss. I guarantee either you or some location within 10miles will get several centimetres tonight. Will probably be me as I know how well my location does from this wind direction :D .

Another heavy shower just rattling through ; )