Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08 -------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

thats a bit unfair on the tories it was labour that put us in this situation

labour put the world into global recession? and the tories in their years of rule played no part? think even the most fabulous tory fan would blush at that tired argument. its a popular one though, if wildly innacurate lol but alas...thats for another forum rofl.gif

Posted

Latest Met text forecast is not exactly inspiring for SW, Lothian and Borders. Outbreaks of sleet and snow on Sunday with "a few light snow flurries on Monday". Still an eternity away though with plenty of dross first!

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

yeh not holding my breath.kind of tedious this winter.we look forward to the snow 3 days sway.Then a day before it gets downgraded and we are back to looking 3 days away .Its the never never.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

WTF are you on about? Not only has the weather been stunningly useless for snow, we've now got a frkn tory troll stalking the thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Right folks (well it's not left anyway); they're both right-wing authoritarian parties so you can blame them both:

http://www.political...g/ukparties2010

Take the Political Compass test yourself to find out where you sit on the spectrum - it's quite interesting and might make you think when next putting X's in boxes. Anyway, there's threads for discussion of such things in the Serious Discussion area of NW, both for Scottish and UK politics.

As for the snaw.....I'm off to Carrbridge in the Highlands today for a long weekend, so keeping an eye on this. Certainly, Drumochter's on the route and if needs be the hoose is only 10 mins from the Slochd summit.smile.png

Take the sledge? Mibbes dry or Mibbes snaw?

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

WTF are you on about? Not only has the weather been stunningly useless for snow, we've now got a frkn tory troll stalking the thread.

Well personally I blame the Tories....no, in fact I blame all politicians for the lack of a extreme, snowy winter. They promise us all snow and blizzards in their manifestos when they want our votes, but then after they are settled into their cosy parliamentary seats their previous promises get watered down to sleety outbreaks and cold rain. As for the Independence vote, promise me a snowy winter from Scotland every year and it'll be a YES from me. biggrin.png

Now back on topic, chilly, sunny bright blue skies here. Better than grey, dull and wet but kind of boring.

Snooz, I think I'll be forced to downgrade my 80% chance of the footie games going ahead this weekend. On the current forecast even our game in Aberdeen on Sat could be in doubt due to frost (downgrade to 65% chance of going ahead). If your game on Sunday is at Bogbeth then choose between any one of frost, snow, or rain to be the spoiler (downgrade to 50% chance of going ahead).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Are you absolutely sure that the banks didn't have something to do with it?blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

three feet of snow expected in boston u.s. god wish i was there

Quick, you order the aeroplane charter and we'll all start packing our sledges. Everyone meet at Glasgow airport at 3pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Will keep an eye open for boy-racers wink.png We're heading up to Boat of Garten for a few days, driving up Monday AM, and very much keeping a close eye on road conditions. Bound to get in at least a days ski-ing at Cairngorm as long as weather permits, but certainly no lack of snaw ... far from it.

Right folks (well it's not left anyway); they're both right-wing authoritarian parties so you can blame them both:

http://www.political...g/ukparties2010

Take the Political Compass test yourself to find out where you sit on the spectrum - it's quite interesting and might make you think when next putting X's in boxes. Anyway, there's threads for discussion of such things in the Serious Discussion area of NW, both for Scottish and UK politics.

As for the snaw.....I'm off to Carrbridge in the Highlands today for a long weekend, so keeping an eye on this. Certainly, Drumochter's on the route and if needs be the hoose is only 10 mins from the Slochd summit.smile.png

Take the sledge? Mibbes dry or Mibbes snaw?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Will keep an eye open for boy-racers wink.png

With car stuffed to bursting with small child, kitten, wife, luggage, assortment of soft toys, non-soft toys, kittie litter, basket and other associated kiddie + kittie paraphernalia.

Like moving an army FGS. There might just be room for me!

Oh, and what's worse, I'll probably be subjected to either Celine Dion or '50 nursery rhymes' special edition with the kittie singing along all the way.

EDIT. Should be some nice views on the way up at least.

post-9421-0-78197500-1360316499_thumb.jp

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Monday's forecast is going to look underwhelming from the MO - it's a convective easterly coinciding with a frontal snowfall in the midlands and the south, so their eyes will be firmly elsewhere. Bear in mind also that the NAE, which has rain for western Scotland (but with sufficiently cold 950s for snow for the east) has been modified southwards in line with the UKMO raw model, so less chance of rain but maybe more chance of dry, for early Sunday at least

Posted

whit is an amber necklace????...... i am intrigued and will try anything smile.png

http://www.amber-teething-necklaces.co.uk/?gclid=CKnRnabDprUCFdQ92wodbxYA2A

Homeopathic way of dealing with teething, works on a variety of other ailments. My sister uses for migraines.

Nice frost on the ground this morning.

Posted

Monday's forecast is going to look underwhelming from the MO - it's a convective easterly coinciding with a frontal snowfall in the midlands and the south, so their eyes will be firmly elsewhere. Bear in mind also that the NAE, which has rain for western Scotland (but with sufficiently cold 950s for snow for the east) has been modified southwards in line with the UKMO raw model, so less chance of rain but maybe more chance of dry, for early Sunday at least

I'll take dry for Sunday and then enjoy the lottery of a potential convective easterly. I'd prefer that to a badly positioned front bringing a marginal mess anyday.

Posted

Snow prospects going down the pan for west central Scotland yet again then? (unless convective activity in the east is enough to send showers all the way through the central belt).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning. I wonder if some of the more able kilties could explain to me where the best position of this yet to form low would be for us. I keep reading on the MT of it being better for some being corrected either north or south. I am totally lost and therefore don't know what I should be looking for? (senior moment!)rolleyes.gif

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

I guess it's another 1 of these watch the skies situations over weekend/early next week again (although going by with what happened so far this winter I would expect us maybe to get snow/slight covering but very quickly melting)

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

confused.com......based on the latest met forecast im unsure if dunfermline will see snow sunday/monday.....if it doesnt im in trouble with my daughter who is currently cleaning and prepping her sledge!!! help.gifsearch.gifsearch.gif

Toonhill should catch oany snaw oan offur near the Toon neebur! good.gif

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

Been an annoying tea se of a winter for me. Now you see it now you don't! search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Morning. I wonder if some of the more able kilties could explain to me where the best position of this yet to form low would be for us. I keep reading on the MT of it being better for some being corrected either north or south. I am totally lost and therefore don't know what I should be looking for? (senior moment!)rolleyes.gif

There are a few possible answers to this, but the basic conditions this setup must fulfil is this - uppers sub -8C for eastern Scotland as soon as the flow moves to maritime with a slow moving front somewhere near line from Dumfries to Glasgow with uppers there just cold enough for snow. Alternatively the west could end up reliant on the convective stuff if the low stalls further south, though if this can lead into a longer fetch easterly as suggested at points by quite a few of the models the snow potential could easily extend and intensify for all into next week. At the moment I'd be more worried about it being cold enough for snow rather than whether there will be precipitation - initially dry in the east is part of a best case scenario of a major snow event Sunday for central western parts with snow eventually feeding into the east later on, with the focus shifting to the east from Sunday night onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon Peeps! Dry and cloudy up here, temp at 6.9. A nice enough day indeed!