Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Have you noticed though:

Although snow graphics are over London, all the forecasters are mentioning from the "midlands Northwards"

By this evening forecasts I bet the graphics turn to rain over London

yes !

But surprisingly in this forecast he mentioned snow in london

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It's on a knife edge, as it's always been. Like I've said previously, I'm not going to get hot under the collar (actually it wouldn't happen really anyway) until tomorrow night at the earliest. Whatever will be, will be, too.

It's Friday and the weekend is not far away, so I'm looking forward to that first!biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

I would rather just have mild weather now then all this rubbish again, just like last time. Not only do we get shafted with the frontal band like january, but also the convective showers don't reach us afterwards.

Posted

Can anyone tell me how to post a picture please? smile.png

I just go to more reply options and then link a picture as an attachment, which I've saved onto my pc first :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

surprised to see so many confident posts about position of low and snow/rain line. The lp hasnt even developed yet. and we are not even in high res territory.

for better or worse, forecasts/warnings will change before sunday.

The speculation is fun tho :)

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

PHill A

Snow in london !

post-13916-0-07112100-1360333983_thumb.j

No doubt it will "snow" for a few hours in the SE I thought what was up for grabs is lying snow. that is also just one short screen grab from a moving picture. It could well "Snow" for an hour and rain for 23 hrs. Realy is knife edge for our area. If you have a car then do what Im planning and drive up the chilterns for lunch or take monday off work and drive into the midlands / catch a train. Depends if your as mad as me though... Ive driven to Aviemore and flown to the states on the back of a promissed snow storm lol

yes !

But surprisingly in this forecast he mentioned snow in london

Was this in the last half hour on News 24?

Posted

No doubt it will "snow" for a few hours in the SE I thought what was up for grabs is lying snow. that is also just one short screen grab from a moving picture. It could well "Snow" for an hour and rain for 23 hrs. Realy is knife edge for our area. If you have a car then do what Im planning and drive up the chilterns for lunch or take monday off work and drive into the midlands / catch a train. Depends if your as mad as me though... Ive driven to Aviemore and flown to the states on the back of a promissed snow storm lol

I was going to post the same (about travelling) but there might be big problems getting back, so I thought I'd better not. spiteful.gif

Posted

surprised to see so many confident posts about position of low and snow/rain line. The lp hasnt even developed yet. and we are not even in high res territory.

for better or worse, forecasts/warnings will change before sunday.

The speculation is fun tho smile.png

Your right and to me this is the fun of the weather.. all good fun and games

I was going to post the same (about travelling) but there might be big problems getting back, so I thought I'd better not. spiteful.gif

Ive got stuck a few times... Now I have snow socks now in the boot and a few bits of old carpet lol

Posted

yes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Can anyone tell me how to post a picture please? smile.png

I'm so glad you asked this, I've been trying to work it out too good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

So then after more weeks of model watching ,getting excited , my hopes have been dashed yet again,.

The snow for sunday gone,,, the snow showers for mon/tues gone...

just want warmth now,, no more carrott dangling please, theres always next year...

Cold and wet is no fun when you are a Gardener, not that i mind 6 inchs of the white stuff and frozen ponds, it just seems to hard to come by this year...

Have to say 1 last thing the mods have been shocking this year, very unrealiable!!!

My goodness i have just gone through two pages of moaning, nothing has happened yet and these situations are always on a knife edge. I am sure there will be changes right up until the last moment and maybe some places will do well.

We may need to open a NW ward for nervous breakdowns at this ratebiggrin.png

In terms of the present weather it's rather cold outside and rather cloudy, nothing falling from the sky at the moment.

Posted

Have to say 1 last thing the mods have been shocking this year, very unrealiable!!!

sorry.gifsorry.gifsorry.gifsorry.gif - We have not been that bad have we help.gif

Posted

c'mon, it will be the usual suspects that get the snow, cambridgeshire, heartfordshire etc. norfolk/suffolk certainly wont, the front wont reach here, it will stall to the west of us and pivot south as it always does

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Posted · Hidden by snow raven, February 8, 2013 - shut up bloody moaning!
Hidden by snow raven, February 8, 2013 - shut up bloody moaning!

This has happened before and most likely will be downgraded, although I hope it wont be!

There are two risk factors

1) Low pressure will be further south and less intense, meaning a drier slacker flow ( This happened before )

2) Further north, wetter

So far it's going to plan :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers /snowy winters

Its probably one of those situations in fairness where 'past performance is a clear guide to the future' smile.png

So, as a real 'gut feeling' inspired punt my thoughts are as follows. Probably not currently far off what the warning show, the warnings will change but i'm sticking with the below.

Kent - Rain

Essex - Rain / Snow (Snow in north of county)

Suffolk - Snow

Norfolk - Snow

London - Rain

Herts - Snow anywhere more than a few miles north of M25

East Sussex - Rain

Surrey - Rain

West Sussex - Rain / snow (snow further towards the west)

Lets see come Monday how close I get. IMBY (Basildon), total rainfest.

In saying the above allow for rain to start almost everywhere and a bit of back edge snow right across the region.

One last prediction - a big cold spell later in the month. ohmy.png

Jason

What about cambs ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

It's actually snowing here right now. Rain at first, then sleet, now snow. Not very heavy though, and far too wet to settle.

Posted

c'mon, it will be the usual suspects that get the snow, cambridgeshire, heartfordshire etc. norfolk/suffolk certainly wont, the front wont reach here, it will stall to the west of us and pivot south as it always does

I thought Norwich did very well out of the January event?huh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

AS i drove up to London from Ashford this morning there was nothing of interest on the motorway digi displays. However on the way back I saw a sign saying "Severe Weather Forecast Sun 10" by Maidstone.

Don't know if its relevant ?

Posted

I'm on a tablet so can't use the upload photos tab. Just saw these 2 forecast pictures on the British weather services website and the weather web/weather school site. (Hope its ok to post these)

I Thought they may cheer people up a bit and restore (a little) hope for the weekend!!

Ignore the first one...( deleted). Just read it in detail!! I saw the red warnings and thought snow......oooops! This one is better though!!!

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtvsimonnew.php?ID=627

Edited by Stevieray1

Posted

I certainly didn't do very well at all in the last 2 events in Cambridge, I'm sure Norfolk and parts of Suffolk did very well!