Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes

http://www.toronto.ca/rescu/

Check out these snowy webcams, looks great in Toronto, the Northwest American snow storm looks like a cracker. I get excited a icy graupal (sp)grain in Brighton !

Posted

Really? NAE predicted whiteout conditions couple of weeks ago but I got nothing but rain...NAE really isn't as fantastic as people make it out to be!

I agree the NAE often over does snow potential, hence it is even more worrying!

Dont get me wrong I expect we will see snow falling but I dont think many in the region (bar the far north) will be building snowmen on Monday

Posted

In fairness it always was going to be poor for most of the SE. As the cold air wraps round the top of the low pressure system the SE is going to be last to see it. In set ups like this the extreme SE can get rain whereas even places like Hampshire can end up with snow. This is all to do with the colder air wrapping round the top of the low.

Its not time to throw in the towel yet, but I think anywhere south and southeast of London should anticipate rain and if anything else falls regard it as a big bonus. In essence assume the worst and hopefully get a nice surprise :-)

Jason

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Okay to try and lighten the mood in here... We might not get snow, but be thankful you have not eaten one of these...

To try and keep this post on topic its starting to drizzle here now. We have a temp of 4c and a DP 0c.

post-12257-0-66640800-1360340919_thumb.j

Posted

HMM NAE and 12Z GFS = Nail and coffin IMO. We need a miracle to see any decent lying snow otherwose it will be a rain or sleet fest for the whole region im afraid, even Northern Cambs / Norfolk is showing Dew points around 3c right into Monday :(

NAE is far from nail in the coffin. Easiest way to demonstrate this, flick through the 42/48hr rain/snow parameter, and watch the rain turning to snow and spreading up from the SE (indicative of the CAA expected

In truth we know the situation will change run to run, but I'm actually fairly encouraged from what I've seen of the raw 12z's so far (GFS aside, but then I have never used the GFS in situations like this - NMM is initialised from GFS data too so don't expect too much help from the NMM either)

SK

Posted

interesting they still really dont know what is going to happen as only going up to saturday on the latest forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

NAE is far from nail in the coffin.

SK

yeah, it would be like putting a nail in the coffin before the person is even dead!

don't know if this has been posted...

http://metofficenews...w-this-weekend/

post-15445-0-79689300-1360341603_thumb.p

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

In fairness it always was going to be poor for most of the SE.

It hasn't happened either way yet.... :doh:

Posted

NAE is far from nail in the coffin. Easiest way to demonstrate this, flick through the 42/48hr rain/snow parameter, and watch the rain turning to snow and spreading up from the SE (indicative of the CAA expected

In truth we know the situation will change run to run, but I'm actually fairly encouraged from what I've seen of the raw 12z's so far (GFS aside, but then I have never used the GFS in situations like this - NMM is initialised from GFS data too so don't expect too much help from the NMM either)

SK

I agree there is snow potenital IE snow falling from the sky but surely with DP's and air temps at 2c / 3c surely there is little chance of anyhting lying except Chilterns / downs etc

Posted

Good grief, it's getting like the MOD thread in here:

ferraritoys.jpg

Sadly true Coast. I used to think of this regional thread as a safe and sane haven. Not any more though. sorry.gif

Posted

Sadly true Coast. I used to think of this regional thread as a safe and sane haven. Not any more though. sorry.gif

Why what's wrong with this thread?

It's just members expressing their views. If we all had the same opinion it would be rather boring don't you think?

Posted

Dammit looks like ill be loosing my £2 bet for snow in Monday. Looking at the gfs in Fi there is insufficient cold uppers for us eaven if there was an easterly breeze

However I'm getting cheered up on the webcams in chasertv of the snow falling there

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted

Why what's wrong with this thread?

It's just members expressing their views. If we all had the same opinion it would be rather boring don't you think?

No comment dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well the weekend starts here.clapping.gifyahoo.gifclap.gif I hope you all get the weather you desire over the next few days and if you don't, well there are plenty of worse things!smile.png

Posted

Yes i would have loved to see a couple of inches here, but if it doesn't happen i'm not going to get upset about it, thats just the way it is, though from a comedy point of view some peoples posts are hilarious, its like telling my 4 year old she can't have sweets before dinner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Funny thing, in the NW England and Yorkshire threads there's much woe because the general feeling is that the whole thing is likely to be corrected south over the next 24 hours. And there's much gnashing of teeth in here because of what is being modelled now ! It seems to be the way of the snow-chaser, general pessimism until the moment snow actually starts falling, then uncontained joy !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Love this forum..

OK who wants to own up to telling anyone they won't be able to work on Monday due to the snow ?

acute.gif me

ramp it, it will come...

Posted

12_UKMet_H500_PSL_96_144.gif?31415

just a quicky ohmy.png ( i should be so lucky ) laugh.png

sunday was more than like going to be rain as i am sure most people expected

people further north may get something but so complicated this is i do not know either way

check the ukmo raw chart for monday the top one on the right plus tuesday

this is when we get the best chance

although sunday is so messy do not be surprised to see this change again later

waiting for fax updates at present

Posted

Love this forum..

OK who wants to own up to telling anyone they won't be able to work on Monday due to the snow ?

acute.gif me

ramp it, it will come...

No i learnt that lesson years ago, i stay very quiet these days.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Well we currently have a thunderstorm here in Buntingford, East Herts. A massive lightening bolt out of the blue just lit up the sky, scared the life out of me as wasn't expecting it at all, lol! laugh.png

Edited by East Herts Snow