Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East/East Anglia Regional Discussion 11/02/13 00z ----->

A.J

Posted

Tom I got a big fat 0 nilch nada here only a dusting on the car of 0.0001cm lol

Same here Tom.

I be honest & am thinking that if we cannot see a prolonged cold wintry spell within the next few weeks ( Unlikely ). Then roll on spring as this sleety wet snow doesn't float my boat in fact it just's .

~ Delays me putting the washing out.

~ Adds to the heating bill.

~ puts a downer on the day.

~ soaks the dog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Same here Tom.

I be honest & am thinking that if we cannot see a prolonged cold wintry spell within the next few weeks ( Unlikely ). Then roll on spring as this sleety wet snow doesn't float my boat in fact it just's .

~ Delays me putting the washing out.

~ Adds to the heating bill.

~ puts a downer on the day.

~ soaks the dog.

Even more so if it's just rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks again for your snow depths or lack of depths, keep 'em coming.

In my lunch break at work now, marking down your depths, dedication for you!. I've got my Fantasy Champions League Comptn resuming at work tomorrow, my life is one long competition. This Snow Depth Cup thing has been a bit of a 'mare to organise though, bit airy fairy for my liking, normally I'm more methodical than this, Virgo trait dont you know!

Joking aside, next winter I'll put together something much less ambiguous but if someone can design me a super-duper spreadsheet, I'd be a very happy bunny.Not very good with computer technology, as I've only just mastered the Abacus!

If you have the technology, I have the ideas, more on that later.

Cheers,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

In Central London we had v heavy snow with massive flakes from 9.30 - 10.30 (while I was in a meeting supposedly paying attention). None of it stuck. Then it sleeted for a while, then it rained. Now it is just v grey and damp outside.

But it was v pretty watching the snow fall this morning!

Posted

Well this winter has been 6/10 and overall a fun one for me ! 3 snowfalls ain't bad

And good depths to enjoy .

I've been M FISH and look forward to the next snowy spell of banter and sledging

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Can someone tell the thames we don't want anything till later when it's cold enough for snow again.

Posted

Can someone tell the thames we don't want anything till later when it's cold enough for snow again.

I don't think it's quite as easy as that Alexis !! :lol:

Posted

Another non-event for the Medway valley. With only the wettest slushiest of dustings on cars and grass this morning which melted by 9am.

Apart from the 8cm 3 weeks ago, probably one of the most irritating winters for years. So much potential, so much around me but here, the River Medway radiator must be on full this winter.

What's more of a tease, I look out over to Bluebell Hill, and it's covered :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Massive flakes falling here but onto saturated roads etc...not stopped since yesterday at 9am to my knowledge. Temp 1.1c. NW extra radar says only sleet now but still generating in the Thames Estuary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

just been out for a walk nearby.. took a few pics of the snow. Love the sound of it crunching underfoot (-;

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17585-a-walk-in-the-wood-nr-welwyn-007/

think we were lucky to get so much snow round here...

Posted

Poorest event ever. Snowed really heavily for hour last night but it only gave a light dusting on cars and roofs, nowhere else. This morning, not a trace of snow! Does that look like all for the foreseeable future?

Posted

I have just arrived at my sisters in Radlet - NW London - SW herts!

I can confirm that Epping has had a considerably more settling snow than here!

Epping is a winter wonderland/ here, it's very patchy

Posted

Hi,

S.R, I had the same, just waiting to hear from Cookie27, to see how our threesome went! wink.png

An honourable draw then, so far.

Cheers,

Tom.

LOL Tom!

Still, could have been worse - we could have been comparing puddle depths (mind you, the puddles the melting snow is producing are probably more than 2cm deep rolleyes.gif )

Well just got home to green everywhere at sub sea level greenhithe & the odd 50p flake falling0- may see some more shortly.

Been up to dunstable for some fun & got stuck right up on the top- had to get pulled out the car park by a range rover-

Could we winters last hurrah for many today as the models have taken a turn for the worse- still time to change back- but I must admit im tired of this winter now. on the whole the last 20 days have been like Feb 2005, lots to see & get excited about- but nothing much of substance..........

At least its been better upwind.

S

Posted

Something white is coming down in Dartford could be snow but more likely sleety rain, fairly heavy for a minute. Temp 1.1 dew point 0.3

Just drizzle now in Bexleyheath.

I have to admit, I am looking forward to Spring now - lighter evenings and warm sunshine (hopefully!)

Posted

Thanks again for your snow depths or lack of depths, keep 'em coming.

In my lunch break at work now, marking down your depths, dedication for you!. I've got my Fantasy Champions League Comptn resuming at work tomorrow, my life is one long competition. This Snow Depth Cup thing has been a bit of a 'mare to organise though, bit airy fairy for my liking, normally I'm more methodical than this, Virgo trait dont you know!

Joking aside, next winter I'll put together something much less ambiguous but if someone can design me a super-duper spreadsheet, I'd be a very happy bunny.Not very good with computer technology, as I've only just mastered the Abacus!

If you have the technology, I have the ideas, more on that later.

Cheers,

Tom.

Take a bow Tom. I can only imagine the work you have put into this, but Im sure Im not alone in saying thank you.

My highest level total overnight was 5cms, and while most surfaces were fairly clear by mid morning there was 4cms on my car roof at midday. Not sure if that counts ? Light snizzle here now, but an incredible 20 hours of non stop snow since 5pm last night here. Much of it quite intense. Just shows how marginal the temperatures were.