Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East/East Anglia Regional Discussion 11/02/13 00z ----->

A.J

Posted

This is just bonkers. Apart from a brief 30 minute spell of snizzle around 1pm today, I am witnessing the 24th hour of snowfall since it began this time yesterday evening.

Intensity has obviously varied during that time, it was especially heavy overnight and again later this morning before the lull, but has become moderate again several times this afternoon. Its now beginning to settle again on some surfaces here.

Its by no means a Thames Streamer, but looking at the radar it seems as though a perpetual snow cloud is hovering right above North/North West London. Having said that accumulations are bitterly disappointing. Can't have it all though eh ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

If the thames is going to do this, the least it could do is wake up and send somethig better then light snow or snizzle lol.

Posted

If the thames is going to do this, the least it could do is wake up and send somethig better then light snow or snizzle lol.

Alexis, have a look at the NMM animation I did earlier, it looked quite good for the London area and Essex overnight into tomorrow, so you may still have some chances for more snow!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

would love a streamer to kick in now

Can't see it happening though mate

Alexis, have a look at the NMM animation I did earlier, it looked quite good for the London area and Essex overnight into tomorrow, so you may still have some chances for more snow!

ooooh that sounds interesting coast

Forget my learner post above then lol

Edited by snowbob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Why is everyone talking like it's the end of Winter already ?

We still have 2 weeks left to go and I suspect there's going to be one final roll of the dice at the end of the month

All I said was that I'm now more looking forward to warmer lighter days, rather than anything that this winter can throw at us, but if there was a big snowfall I'd happily take that. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Why is everyone talking like it's the end of Winter already ?

We still have 2 weeks left to go and I suspect there's going to be one final roll of the dice at the end of the month

Because accourding to the models it is, mild,mild,wet,wet

Posted

would love a streamer to kick in now

Can't see it happening though mate

ooooh that sounds interesting coast

Forget my learner post above then lol

lol it's sort of been doing it all day, just most of the ppn is not showing up as it's drizzle, I'm glad it may intensify later.

Posted

Just had a look out the window and the snow has picked up slightly here in north-west London, that's almost 24 hours of more or less constant snow.

Everyone has their own opinion on this winter. For my part of the world, the spell from mid-January to now has been excellent; two good snowfalls, and a pretty solid fall last night, which included the heaviest snow I have seen since the 2009 Thames streamer.

Granted, temperatures have not dipped exceptionally low, but in terms of snow this winter has been better than 10/11 and 09/10 here. More snow, more often. Can't ask for more than that.

Guest bjaykent

Because accourding to the models it is, mild,mild,wet,wet

I don't see any sign of mild and wet to be honest, most go for cold runs possibly with intervention of Azores high linking with Scandi High, still have lots of potential for cold in my view. Winter doesn't end on the 1st of Marchsmile.png

Posted

I don't see any sign of mild and wet to be honest, most go for cold runs possibly with intervention of Azores high linking with Scandi High, still have lots of potential for cold in my view. Winter doesn't end on the 1st of Marchsmile.png

That wouldn't nescesserily be warm, infact could get very cold, frosty and foggy.

Guest bjaykent

That wouldn't nescesserily be warm, infact could get very cold, frosty and foggy.

Agreed it is just a question of what people's expectations of winter are. We are never going to see five months of continual cold and snow, the Atlantic will see to that, I personally wouldn't want that every year, I like a bit of variation..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Interesting drive from work in Lewisham to my mums in Strood, Kent, re snow distribution(what's left) most places just a few patches but still some small coverings especially around Shorne woods and a little left at Dartford heath and again around bean

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Is that a Thames streamer we are getting or the remnants of that old front?

Guest bjaykent

Radar filling in All points East of DA9... a few greens in there....

S

Been pretty drizzly here all day, some snow in the mix again now

Posted

Lolz

2.6 Miles to my SW Is the start of the Shower Train

Enjoy lucky peeps, Orange to my West, murky to my east, here I am stuck in the middle with .......................Boooooooooooooooooooo

Posted

Lolz

2.6 Miles to my SW Is the start of the Shower Train

Enjoy lucky peeps, Orange to my West, murky to my east, here I am stuck in the middle with .......................Boooooooooooooooooooo

Wheres the clowns ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

S

Steve,

Just goes to show, turn the flow into the east and the Th/Estuary does the rest. Shame we cant tap into those -10 uppers, further to the NE.

Tom.

Posted

Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said some areas, particularly central and South-eastern England, could see up to eight inches of snow with severe impact likely on roads and railways.

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I can imagine!

As a snow lover it must be hard living on the coast! I'd have to move - lol

But come spring/summer your in my favourite part of the world. From Hastings all the way to Torquay. Love it

There are times when the area can get quite a lot of snow with the right set up. The elusive (this winter) snow shower NE'erly is very reliable. A few miles further to the east of there where I am it was snowing lighly for about half an hour. Just recently stopped

Posted

S

Some beefy ppn heading our way biggrin.png