Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East/East Anglia Regional Discussion 11/02/13 00z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Rubbish for snow this whole winter here in hastings .Roll on spring i say ,im sick of model watching ,lamp post watching & blob watching on the radar for a good snow event that has just not materialised here ! fedup.com fool.gif

Posted

Rubbish for snow this whole winter here in hastings .Roll on spring i say ,im sick of model watching ,lamp post watching & blob watching on the radar for a good snow event that has just not materialised here ! fedup.com fool.gif

I can imagine!

As a snow lover it must be hard living on the coast! I'd have to move - lol

But come spring/summer your in my favourite part of the world. From Hastings all the way to Torquay. Love it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I haven't been so bad as you for snow, but I'm definitely at the point of looking forward to lighter warmer days, more than any potential snow event now. :)

Posted

But say one last snow event popped up before then?.........

Posted

Good glad thats over.. and no more snow forecasts please.. i want the warm sunshine now.. any of that on the cards??

Posted

So seeing as everyone is fed up of this winter who wants to come Storm Chasing in 12 weeks time clapping.gifgood.gif

Temps in the 80-90's

20,000 to 50,000 Lightning Strikes in the more electrified Supercells

Baseball sized Hailstones

Big Old Tornadoes

Loads of Apres Chase in Nice Restaurants and Great Food

Oh and the chance to chase with Ms Lee Preston!

God I cannot wait, like others this winter is grinding now, cant wait to get a bit of sun and some severe weather in 2013!

clapping.gifclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

So seeing as everyone is fed up of this winter who wants to come Storm Chasing in 12 weeks time clapping.gifgood.gif

Temps in the 80-90's

Big Old Tornadoes

God I cannot wait, like others this winter is grinding now, cant wait to get a bit of sun and some severe weather in 2013!

clapping.gifclapping.gif

You forgot the price tag!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Well this winter has been 6/10 and overall a fun one for me ! 3 snowfalls ain't bad

And good depths to enjoy .

I've been M FISH and look forward to the next snowy spell of banter and sledging

6/10 only wow you really are hard to please Mr, I thought considering you're in West of London and miles from the sea you've had far more than usual, us on the other hand apart from that Sunday 3weeks ago have had very little but I'd still rate it a 5.5/10 due to that Sunday, and seeing some lovely fat flake heavy bursts last nite albeit barely settling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Lets be honest if this winter had been pre-2009 we would all be satisfied at the taste of snow weve had ,some more than others.been a bit spoilt or lucky which ever way you want to look at it these past 4-5 winters.

I will give this winter a 7/10 for snow, but only a 4/10 for cold {snow never stayed long due lack of freeze up at nights}

i had 23cm accumalative snow jan/feb..most of which fell in 1 day in jan{16cm} and melted within 3 days.

Not a great winter but not mild mush by any means, kids went sedging ,built a snowman ,had a snow ball fight, what more do we want..???

Bring on Spring..

Temps in the 80-90's

Big Old Tornadoes

clapping.gifclapping.gif

Where do i sign up...???acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Temps in the 80-90's

Big Old Tornadoes

clapping.gifclapping.gif

No more rain thank you very much;-) hoping for a nice dry warm few months ahead so I can get my rod out, and hit the marina, I don't think we will be hearing the word "Drought" any time soon either lol

Posted

You should have ventured about 4 miles up the road to Fairlight and Hastings Country Park Ololly. I had 2 fairly decent snowfalls whilst house sitting for friends there just 2 or 3 weeks ago. good.gif

post-10628-0-01834200-1360593787_thumb.j

post-10628-0-89168800-1360593902_thumb.j

post-10628-0-45971800-1360593936_thumb.j

post-10628-0-11565600-1360593981_thumb.j

post-10628-0-54086500-1360594024_thumb.j

post-10628-0-42959900-1360594083_thumb.j

Posted

rofl.gifrofl.gif Ooops rofl.gifrofl.gif

Unfortunately it is not a cheap hobby sorry.gif

yeah.. best stick to the live stream untill ive come into a bit of dosh.. and the way this countrys going.. could be quite a wait!!

Posted

Temps in the 80-90's

Big Old Tornadoes

Yeah, seems like a very good trip good.gif

Owww a chase with Kaddy, now you're talking! wub.png

b847984f05ae4d68b8ed0d503f0bdcca.jpg

Edited by Coast

Posted

Temps in the 80-90's

Big Old Tornadoes

clapping.gifclapping.gif

If I could afford it Paul, I would!

Posted

And unfortunately it does not look like getting any cheaper anytime soon sorry.gif

Cant believe how much it has gone up even since I started 10 years ago.

Hotels are now double the cost per night than back in 2004, flights are double, car rental and insurance is double, Petrol / Gas is double but still 2/3rds cheaper than the Uk.

But those Storms make it all worth the cost, you just have the hump when you come back to the Uk and try to get excited at a squeak and fart of a thunderstorm or the missed Spanish Plume that the cod get to see in the North Sea! tease.gif

You should have ventured about 4 miles up the road to Fairlight and Hastings Country Park Ololly. I had 2 fairly decent snowfalls whilst house sitting for friends there just 2 or 3 weeks ago. good.gif

Lovely Pictures! Especially like the Fox One

Posted

Heavy snow falling again in Walton on the Hill (Nr Reigate) Some of the biggest flakes I have seen in yrs, Currently 4cm of laying snow

Snowed very hard about 9am - 11.30, then died off at lunchtime, thought that was it for the day...then this arrived good.gif

Posted

Moderate snow here now in Reigate... Lovely large flakes too...

Heavy snow falling again in Walton on the Hill (Nr Reigate) Some of the biggest flakes I have seen in yrs, Currently 4cm of laying snow

Snowed very hard about 9am - 11.30, then died off at lunchtime, thought that was it for the day...then this arrived good.gif

Amazing what the difference in elevation makes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Been up to dunstable for some fun & got stuck right up on the top- had to get pulled out the car park by a range rover-

It's was bad at the top wasn't it, I reckon the drifts were nearly two feet in places....

post-10773-0-05988600-1360595606_thumb.j

...there were a few people getting stuck when I was up there, wonder if one of them was you !

Had a bit of a thaw here (it seems to have gone from the bottom upwards if that makes sense)but just took a measurement on the garden table and I've still got a good 6cm.....

post-10773-0-92177800-1360595726_thumb.j

Just putting my photos on from this mornings drive/walks, I love it when it snows on my day off good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Why the winter rip post. Gut feeling days just waiting until the models flip again.

Kx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

So seeing as everyone is fed up of this winter

not me! one of the snowiest winters i've had for a while. Winter 2012/13 has been very kind to hertfordshire!

i'm snow hunting until at least the end of the month!

Edited by Suburban Streamer