Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted

Last day of Meteorlogical Winter and what a glorious day! Oh well Winter 2012/13 I bid thee well, looking forward to a decent summer and then to Winter 2013/14! Its been fun! :)

yes bye to winter now i guess oh well it has been fun wont be on as much now so i will sat ttfn and all take care and dont get too sunburnt or drunk this summer...but if theres a chance of any last snow i will be in hete like a shot lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I will snap your hand off for a reapeat of summer 2012 right now!

I will have any of these first though.

gensnh-17-1-300.png?12

h850t850eu.png

gfs-2013022800-0-360.png?0

Well they've promised everything and delivered next to nothing all winter so I suppose we shouldn't be to surprised if winter arrives in spring.

Thing is that whatever the weather, the daylight is still getting longer and neither the GFS, UKMO or any of the others can promise and downgrade that.

Summer is coming but maybe not summer weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Well they've promised everything and delivered next to nothing all winter so I suppose we shouldn't be to surprised if winter arrives in spring.

Thing is that whatever the weather, the daylight is still getting longer and neither the GFS, UKMO or any of the others can promise and downgrade that.

Summer is coming but maybe not summer weather.

Its a forlorn hope but then again is it, April 4th 2012 gave me a moderate fall and other areas at 1000ft only a few miles away got really heavy falls with massive drifts.

Even if i didn't suffer from the heat, it really doesn't float my boat as far as forums are concerned so i will be gone soon as well, i will go sooner if people are sick of my continued love for cold deep into spring!!

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

I bet we won't get 14 days of back-to-back dry weather in the summer rolleyes.gif

Last two days have been glorious, would bank them if I could.... bit cloudier tomorrow and for the weekend, but may see occasional sunny spells. Very benign and not very exciting but hey-oh....we're drying out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

With absolutely nothing remotely cold on the horizon it's likely these forums will be closed soon as winter has now passed.

So from me, adios!

I'm not going anywhere, I like summer just as much as winter, so I'm always on the hunt for hot, sunny weather. :D

Posted

It's crazy to think that we received 20cm of snow at the end of January and were delighted, when in Northern Japan they have received 5m of snow this winter. Look at the roads!rofl.gifhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21625702

Posted

Its snowed right the way up into April before, only last year infact, so I wouldn't discount anything northerly trying to make a return. However into March we have the same dinural range as October once more so the likelyhood diminishes with every passing week. Soon temps will recover into the average 15-17'c range again and the winter wools reserved back into the closet for another 7 months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Its snowed right the way up into April before, only last year infact, so I wouldn't discount anything northerly trying to make a return. However into March we have the same dinural range as October once more so the likelyhood diminishes with every passing week. Soon temps will recover into the average 15-17'c range again and the winter wools reserved back into the closet for another 7 months.

Can't wait.

TBH today has felt a lot colder compared with the two days before.

Amazing what a difference a bit of sun makes to temperatures at this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

beautiful day out, so off to town for a day of ale and get out of the house and into a ale House. good times.

Posted

A frosty start here. Unlilke earlier this week it is a cloudy day. We've barely had any precipitation since the snowfall of the 13th. However the dry spell looks like coming to and end soon, though there is nothing particularly wet on the horizon. Once again march is coming in like a lamb, and the outlook is preety nondescript, cant get enthused with the weather at present, give me a northerly or nw blast and is be happier, they don't tend to surface until later in the month and April.

Posted

Had a good long day in the hills today and other than it going damn cold as the afternoon's cloud moved in it was one to remember.

Visibility was very good and thankfully the ground is drying out now.

Even the remnants of the snow is now all but gone, probably helped on its way by this mornings, almost summer like conditions.

All in all a wonderful days walking and hopefully the first of many in the coming months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Still boring settled ''crap'' here with temperature of 6C. Im glad that the weather is changing to unsettled conditions by Wednesday onwards. Only 2 weeks of winter left. Fingers crossed for seriously cold, snowy weather. Only time will tell.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Still boring settled ''crap'' here with temperature of 6C. Im glad that the weather is changing to unsettled conditions by Wednesday onwards. Only 2 weeks of winter left. Fingers crossed for seriously cold, snowy weather. Only time will tell.

I'll think you find winter ended 3 days ago?

Lovely blue skies here, satellite shows a slice of clearness over parts of NW England, quite surprised, but a welcome surprise. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I'll think you find winter ended 3 days ago?

Lovely blue skies here, satellite shows a slice of clearness over parts of NW England, quite surprised, but a welcome surprise. biggrin.png

If you dont believe me you should take a look at this: http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/reports?LANG=en&MENU=weekahead&DAY=20130303 Im guessing this probably the last gasp of winter on its way.

Posted

If you dont believe me you should take a look at this: http://www.weatheron...ad&DAY=20130303 Im guessing this probably the last gasp of winter on its way.

Officially, winter ended three days ago. There may be a cold spell incoming yes, rather it stay mild but you're always going to get a shot of cold in the spring. Can't see it delivering for us though as it'll be an easterly/north easterly.

Posted

A cloudy rather dull day with hazy skies, but once again no wind meaning a very stagnant kind of day, temps of 8 degrees, it felt quite pleasant and much milder than the 8 degrees it was. Must say I'm looking forward to some rain and wind, just something to liven things up, its been terribly quiet weatherwise since the 13 feb.

Posted

7c here feels like winters over :(

A cloudy rather dull day with hazy skies, but once again no wind meaning a very stagnant kind of day, temps of 8 degrees, it felt quite pleasant and much milder than the 8 degrees it was. Must say I'm looking forward to some rain and wind, just something to liven things up, its been terribly quiet weatherwise since the 13 feb.

i agree i like a nice storm too :) Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Nice to see sunshine again today but unlike Saturday which felt like an early summers day, today was quite cold.

Nothing like a reality check to tell you that winter conditions are never far away at this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

The models are all over the place with regards to the final cold spell of winter,one thing almost certain is that winter will

make one last showing,as to were the snow showers fall is as usual at this stage open to debate.

if you like cold and snow you may be in luck...stay tuned.if you are waiting for spring and a bit of warmth,then it

looks like you may have to wait a bit longer,as tradition goes you are more likely to see a white Easter,than a white

Christmas

C.S

Posted

Roll on next winter i say and it will be here before you know it lol

Posted

Roll on next winter i say and it will be here before you know it lol

No thanks, summer is waaaay better.