Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cant wait for Summer raining a windy..sunburnt one day..scarf on the next.

Last year the only day i got sunburnt was in May lol

Temp 0c atm

Mmmmmmmm I must have missed that day in May.

We had one BBQ last year, in mid March and even then it was to cold to sit out after tea.

Anyway I was only joking before....summer 2013 is going to be driest, hottest summer since....

Well since 2012 certainly.

Posted

Just said bbc weather snow being blown in as far as Wales

Mmmmmmmm I must have missed that day in May.

We had one BBQ last year, in mid March and even then it was to cold to sit out after tea.

Anyway I was only joking before....summer 2013 is going to be driest, hottest summer since....

Well since 2012 certainly.

i dont mind as winter is my thing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just said bbc weather snow being blown in as far as Wales

i dont mind as winter is my thing

Better get your camera and shovel ready again.

radar shows showers into Pendle area and heading towards you.

As I said they look slightly too far north to effect me, certainly the first part of them.

Posted

Very slight covering here - enough to make the ground look white - just!

Anyone know if the current precipitation in the NE will cross the Pennines? we are in the Abbeystead area. Thanks

Helen

Posted

Very slight covering here - enough to make the ground look white - just!

Anyone know if the current precipitation in the NE will cross the Pennines? we are in the Abbeystead area. Thanks

Helen

If the radar turns out to be true then you will be towards the northern extent of this band of showers so you will probably see something and possibly the odd heavier outbreak.

However to me the favoured areas to get anything other than a few flakes in the next couple of hours are those in the Ribble Valley (SI) where are you.

Just started snowing lol

See you didn't have to wait until June for something wintry.

Still nothing here though.

Posted

If the radar turns out to be true then you will be towards the northern extent of this band of showers so you will probably see something and possibly the odd heavier outbreak.

However to me the favoured areas to get anything other than a few flakes in the next couple of hours are those in the Ribble Valley (SI) where are you.

See you didn't have to wait until June for something wintry.

Still nothing here though.

lol

Posted

We are just outside the Ribble Valley, on the Abbeystead Estate, which is about 10 miles from Lancaster, into the hills.

Thanks! Just trying to decide whether to go out or not.

Helen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

snowing proper here now.

Getting heavier now. If this keeps going it be sticking on the ground. smile.png Fingers crossed.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its very fine but the snow is coming down fast here

Theres quite a lot of it looking on the radar coming down from the north east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Yorkie members are reporting just light snow to moderate. I obviously expect alot heavier snow in Yorkshire by now but no.

This snow is just pure pointless now.

Roll on to the last gasp of winter before Summer. Spring is not a term here anymore since our climate is changing.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Snowing here but very small flakes or to put it another way, if it was rain probably not hard enough to stop a cricket match.

Strange actually that the snow started at the same time as the sun put in its first appearance of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

nice big band up north. shame it will miss my area.

Posted

To be honest im getting a little fed up with this hardly worth getting excited about its always like the temps are right but theres no precip or the precips there but temps are to high its snows and then its not heavier enough to stick or when it does it rains straight after....rant over