Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

NAE precipitation accumulation is interesting, it shows a tongue of 2 to 4mm across parts of Lancashire and into Merseyside which might suggest "heavier" snow flurries/showers tomorrow.

Yes, the graphic looked good on Jay wynne's forecast looked good, his wording didn't though.

Meanwhile GFS 18z Northerly going to be shunted east me thinks, dont listen to anyone calling this West Based, if this happens it misses us to the East IMO.

Posted

Ironically, it's west based!

In the end yes, but look what happens first, the initial plunge.

12z

h500slp.png

18z

h500slp.png

12z

h500slp.png

18z

h500slp.png

12z

h500slp.png

18z

h500slp.png

Everything keeps getting shunted east!

Posted

Use Netweather chart viewer, line the 18z and 12z up side by side and run them frame for frame, 100-200+ hours.

Posted

On a positive note, those of us in the far east of the region are only about 20 or 30 miles West of the warning zone for tommorow!

Posted

Just for fun though, a stonker, shades of Dec 1990, i dont think i have ever seen a PPN type Netweather chart as red!!!.

h500slp.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

Quiet this thread despite radar returns passing through the central part of our region.

Not sure how much we are going to see today, central Lancashire is favourable at the moment but hard to tell how this is going to pan out. Certainly a larger cluster just coming into the NE England at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A few flurries falling here at present although it's now lighter than it was at 7.30.

It is sticking though which bodes well for any heavier stuff which may come along later this morning.

Temperatures currently at -1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A few flurries falling here at present although it's now lighter than it was at 7.30.

It is sticking though which bodes well for any heavier stuff which may come along later this morning.

Temperatures currently at -1c.

Radar shows me right at the southern edge of a large clump of showers currently crossing the Pennines with heavier precipitation showing maybe 6-10 miles further north.

Maybe someone can confirm this and what is actually falling although TBH I would suspect that what falls won't be an issue today as much as whether it falls will be.

Hopefully the next and much larger clump of showers now coming into the NE will follow a slightly more southerly path and bring others in the region into the action.

Posted

A few flurries here dont think it will amount to much the sky isnt heavy enough. Weird a couple of weeks ago I would have been really excited at the prospect of snow but now I think sod off and lets get on with Spring!

That altitude is in your favour in Rossendale, most of the low ground to the west of the Pennines is marginally above freezing again, unlike the east side. Light snow has been reported at Blackpool airport, but unless the intensity picks up it probably won't amount to much away from the hills.

Posted

My phone app is going for snow at 11 turning to rain about2. Just can't get my self excited all I can happening is dandruff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Are you Miss Oxbury in drag LOLtease.gif

EDIT

Only pulling you leg

C.S

DAMN IT I'VE BEEN DISCOVEREDrofl.gif

Posted

Radar shows me right at the southern edge of a large clump of showers currently crossing the Pennines with heavier precipitation showing maybe 6-10 miles further north.

Maybe someone can confirm this and what is actually falling although TBH I would suspect that what falls won't be an issue today as much as whether it falls will be.

Hopefully the next and much larger clump of showers now coming into the NE will follow a slightly more southerly path and bring others in the region into the action.

Good morning ian, it's my turn to be down south when it snows, however there are snow flakes flying around in the wind in Surrey !

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Posted

Good morning ian, it's my turn to be down south when it snows, however there are snow flakes flying around in the wind in Surrey !

I wouldn't get to downbeat about missing an event to tell the kids about Sf.

It's dry again here at present and other than what's on the cars, you'd be hard pressed to know that it had snowed.

Maybe the next batch of showers currently dumping decent amounts in the NE will still have some life in them as they cross the Pennines although, as I said earlier the last ones were mainly slightly north of me, hence nothing more than a token effort.

TBH I'm not getting over excited this time around...waiting for spring really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Big powder dust falling from the sky for a while now, not sticking, very weird, doesnt feel cold although its 2 degrees.

Posted

Woke up to a very light sprinkle in thr garden

I wouldn't get to downbeat about missing an event to tell the kids about Sf.

It's dry again here at present and other than what's on the cars, you'd be hard pressed to know that it had snowed.

Maybe the next batch of showers currently dumping decent amounts in the NE will still have some life in them as they cross the Pennines although, as I said earlier the last ones were mainly slightly north of me, hence nothing more than a token effort.

TBH I'm not getting over excited this time around...waiting for spring really.

im still waiting for winter :)

Posted

Woke up to a very light sprinkle in thr garden

im still waiting for winter :)

Have patience, we'll get our taste of winter in a couple of months when the rest of the country is in the garden with a crate of beer and cooking horse on the BBQ.

Can't wait to see the annual pictures of folk sunning themselves in London's parks while it's peeing down and freezing up here.

Posted

Have patience, we'll get our taste of winter in a couple of months when the rest of the country is in the garden with a crate of beer and cooking horse on the BBQ.

Can't wait to see the annual pictures of folk sunning themselves in London's parks while it's peeing down and freezing up here.

true lol

Posted

Cant wait for Summer raining a windy..sunburnt one day..scarf on the next.

Last year the only day i got sunburnt was in May lol

Temp 0c atm

Posted

Looking at the radar, the next batch of showers are starting to reach the Pennines and edge of the region.

However for myself and anyone further south to get anything from them we need them to edge further south or, as they say in the model thread, a southerly correction to take place.

TBH I've never understood that statement as it makes it sound like it's in the wrong position.

Anyway all should be revealed in the next hour or so.

Posted

This is what i woke up to this morning...currently digging myself out as you can tell how deep it is from the picture..sorry its not the right way up lol

post-13945-0-59378100-1361612177_thumb.j