Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted

We had something like this that 3rd Friday in January...

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c4#/video/weather/2013/02/21/vo-ks-thundersnow.cnn

...far cry from today though, more a snizzle-ma-jizzle affair.. the only thing snizzle has going for it, is that it's slightly more interesting than it's more watery brother, drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Radars talking onions again. Bone dry here.

Posted

Typical its stopped and everythings dried up now ..earlier it was to wet to stick Lol

prob wasnt heavier enough to stick anyway.

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Had another flurry came down quite fine though.

Everything wet again now.

Stopped now just looks like another damp misserable day outside..cold too brrr

Posted

Took the pup to Formby beach before it was snowing there, don't think I've ever seen it snowing on the beach, the dog loved it ! Cold though!

my friends dog loves snow catches the flakes in his mouth and he loves it when you throw him a snowball he just cant understand where the ball goes when it hits the ground lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

wintry mix here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Proper anow here now decent size flakes but not much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

JACK HERE!!

And i thought things were going wrong for our region with everything going to our east next weekend.

h500slp.png

REALLY THOGHT THINGS HAD GONE TITS UP. BUT THEY HADNT.

h500slp.png

JUST FOR FUN AN ALMIGHTY BLIZZARD AT THE END.

h500slp.png

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

Knew it, COMPETITION FOR MODELS, how far east will the cold plunge go - ECM - Very far.

help.gifsad.pngmad.gifdiablo.gif

ECH1-120.GIF?23-0

Posted

OOPS, looks like i have called this run wrong, hope so!

ECH1-144.GIF?23-0

Developing shortwave going to save us perhaps, for once, if this tracks south then we are really in business in the North West and North, could be the mother of all runs!!!

A little bit further west with the shortwave track and it would have been bettermore cyclonic, still in there fighting though, it isn't over yet.

Posted

Definately trending eastwards, could end up a very brief toppler and a dry frosty Northerly for our region, ECM ens mean no on board that particular train, i did warn people against people wishing it to trend East.

EDH1-168.GIF?23-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Does anyone know if we are going to get one more heavy snowfall before the end of winter ??

Posted

Does anyone know if we are going to get one more heavy snowfall before the end of winter ??

If your talking about the meteorological winter then definately not, if your talking about before the end of spring then you cannot really say for definate, i would say for your location its heavy odds against, there was stunning output showing on the top rated model (ECMWF) last night which would have given blizzard conditions for the whole region next weekend, its trended away from that today taking the coldest fridgid air to the east of the country and in the North Sea. Still debatable what happens afterwards though so still chances further down the line perhaps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Okay. Thanks for that. Am hopeless at chart reading. Don't really understand it. Hopefully I will get it eventually !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Ive somewhat got a dusting here despite clear skies with broken cloud last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Ive somewhat got a dusting here despite clear skies with broken cloud last night.

Same here, no more than a dusting but better than nothing and more on the ground than from the continuous flurries yesterday.

Current temperature of -0.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After looking, with my limited knowledge at the models for the coming week or so I am starting to join the winters over brigade.

Next weekends threatened major northerly and associated heavy snow has all but disappeared with at best a glancing blow and possibly a few light showers for favoured areas. No surprise there really as 9 out of 10 northerly's seem to end up the same way.

There is plenty of potential showing beyond that but IMHO this winter has been the worst I can remember for potential which failed to become reality and I can not see any reason, other the the law of averages why it should be different this time around. We will soon be in March and, as early last week showed the sun is getting stronger now so something special in the way of Synoptics would be required to deliver heavy, settling and long lasting snow for, not just the NW region but most of the country, certainly away from ground higher than even where I am.

Personally I'm not bothered if this mornings dusting was my last sight of snow in winter 2012/13.

I wouldn't say that I've had my fill of it over the last few months but now I want warmer weather and after the couple of lovely days early last week, it can't come soon enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I'm ready for spring too, had enough of feeling cold. Warm sunny days days and the possibility of thunderstorms, bring it on

Posted

All of the dusting from the overnight period has now disappeared and the temperature has climbed to 1'c.

Even a bit of blue sky about at the moment.

Off out to do a bit of walking and make the most of what, providing you are well wrapped up should be a decent day.

Interestingly and something which shows how long this post Christmas cold period has been is that there has been at least partial snow cover visible on the hillsides since early January and I would immagine that unless the temperature makes a decent effort at climbing these will still be there in March.

Other than 2009/10 that is the longest period in any winter since the 80's, certainly IMBY.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its 6c here now. It started snowing last night briefly, around 3/4am but didnt stick as far as i know.