Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 22nd February 2013 20:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Typical. Maidstone getting heavy now!!

I would'nt give up, looks like you could get some soon, looking at the radar, plenty of PPN to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

I must confess, I've never logged on in here during Summer but this year I'm going to as its been fun during winter. You guys are always spot on with the weather and I'm certainly learning a lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Okay mate thank you.. Its western edge seems to be pushing more North slightly

Will it ever come down to hit Brighton?! All day, it has been hovering so close!

Posted

Still 1cm on some surfaces...... 0c dew -4c dew rising this should be good...... Heavier precip to ne hopefully itll start heading inland a bit more and be more of flake variety.....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just been with my mate to drop his mum off in East Kent we actually got lost due road being shut however it was a lovely drive did the whole A2 and A20 the snow line seems to be most places East and South of Strood back to Dartford and we just have a few flakes blowing about, there were some heavy downpours of snow around lenham all the way to Folkestone with a dusting here, the closet dusting I saw to Dartford/London was at the top of Strood going onto the A2 nothing settled between here and there, what's instore for the rest of the nite? Really not sure about our area need more easterly direction of wind

Posted

I must confess, I've never logged on in here during Summer but this year I'm going to as its been fun during winter. You guys are always spot on with the weather and I'm certainly learning a lot.

Very interesting in the summer if we get a sniff of some storms incoming from the continent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Temp holding out here at +1.2, dewpoint rising, now -2.4 up from around -5 earlier. Does this mean more moisture in the air and a greater chance of a decent snow shower?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

heavy burst of polystyrene. All surfaces starting to go white which is nice.

Posted

Temp holding out here at +1.2, dewpoint rising, now -2.4 up from around -5 earlier. Does this mean more moisture in the air and a greater chance of a decent snow shower?

Im hoping so...... Its stopped snowing here now..... Again......far too showery atm..... If we get anything more than 1cm it has to be more persistant! And heavier.....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

Very interesting in the summer if we get a sniff of some storms incoming from the continent!

Ah, cool. Not really experienced many thunderstorms for many years. I remember there being so many during the 80s. Experienced a great one in Cuba a few years ago. Torrential rain - it was quite something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Presumably getting stuck over the South Downs, amazing though you could almost draw a straight line along it on the radar!

http://www.meteorada...z=7&x=521&y=486

:o Quick everyone: BLOW !!!

I'm right near the South Downs too. North Brighton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

_65718865_japan1.jpg

amazing from japan

bit concerned about the frozen horse though rofl.gifrofl.gif

Looks like a promotional advert for Findus.

Guest bjaykent

Ah, cool. Not really experienced many thunderstorms for many years. I remember there being so many during the 80s. Experienced a great one in Cuba a few years ago. Torrential rain - it was quite something.

I remember going to a 50th birthday party in Bexley might have been July 2007? with a massive thunderstorm that just seemed to sit over the village for hours, the main street was like a river!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Starting up again here.

At this rate I will have foot.

By 2014 rofl.gif

Posted

Will it ever come down to hit Brighton?! All day, it has been hovering so close!

It's been snowing in hove since around 4ish very light bit the odd moderate burst giving slight covering.

But*

Edited by ryan93

Posted

I remember going to a 50th birthday party in Bexley might have been July 2007? with a massive thunderstorm that just seemed to sit over the village for hours, the main street was like a river!

I really don't remember that - mind you I'm always away during end of July beginning of August...Might have missed it!

Edited by Whereisthesnow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

http://www.china.org...nt_28031869.htm

now we know where our snow has gone

look at the amounts ohmy.png

That's incredible - 5m of snow - we can only dream

Posted

http://www.china.org.cn/environment/2013-02/22/content_28031869.htm

now we know where our snow has gone

look at the amounts ohmy.png

Blimey!!!

Got a covering of polystyrene here and can honestly say that is a sentence I have never used before tonight but describes it perfectly :) Maybe visiting Maidstone tomorrow by the looks of things!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Slightly thicker sugar dusting on the cars, walls etc.. Nothing on the ground though