Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 21/03/13 09z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

the only warnings updated are the ones for rain. smile.png

Thats right and a AMBER one at that and thats because im sure its imminent the heavy rain that is!!!

Maybe as the snow gets near to us we will have updates because things can change redley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Does anyone know if Northampton is on target for this upcoming snow event. I must admit I have become a little less on the ball with snow events now that winter is nearly over, but I seem to be wrong as we are having more snowfall in the last few weeks than we've had all winter. I commute from Northampton to London each day so don't want to get trapped in London on Friday evening if Northampton ends up getting plastered with the white stuff during the afternoon.

Posted

There seems to be some Scope for Precipitation tomorrow night to turn to Snow at low levels right down through the Midlands and as far as Kent. Leicester (area) may see rain at first but this should readily begin to turn to Snow as we go through the day ... Highest totals are currently further West as the Heaviest precipitation has been correcting South and West , but there will be a sweet Spot somewhere around the Midlands... As you head into Loughborough , East Mids Airport , area it could be all Snow...

Posted

Notts & Nottingham finally have a yellow warning, this morning we didn't even have that, like I say a covering will do me although there is always that doubt that it could go wrong, stays as rain or doesn't make its as far north east

Posted

Does anyone know if Northampton is on target for this upcoming snow event. I must admit I have become a little less on the ball with snow events now that winter is nearly over, but I seem to be wrong as we are having more snowfall in the last few weeks than we've had all winter. I commute from Northampton to London each day so don't want to get trapped in London on Friday evening if Northampton ends up getting plastered with the white stuff during the afternoon.

Only if it sinks South - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/em_forecast_warnings.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Amber warning for telford area !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hmmm, latest news forecast showed rain north of Brum for a good 3-4 hours tonight before anything turned to snow, so I'm still a little skeptical over accumulations here and certainly the depths that are being mentioned around the forum.

Posted

Hmmm, latest news forecast showed rain north of Brum for a good 3-4 hours tonight before anything turned to snow, so I'm still a little skeptical over accumulations here and certainly the depths that are being mentioned around the forum.

3/4 hours rain this evening won't matter much if its followed by 36hours of snow afterwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Kind of expected a wider amber warning in all honesty. Same for the yellow. Perhaps they'll update it later this evening.

According to MetO only 5 to 10cm for a lot of places in the midlands. Seems a little on the low side compared to precipitation charts ?

Posted

Kind of expected a wider amber warning in all honesty. Same for the yellow. Perhaps they'll update it later this evening.

According to MetO only 5 to 10cm for a lot of places in the midlands. Seems a little on the low side compared to precipitation charts ?

Sound about right for Friday as id imagine sat would be 5-10cms also which would then tie in with the models

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

That's just for the amber period though, additional accumulations on Saturday, as per additional yellow alert, so 15-25cms for areas in amber alert in total by Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Sound about right for Friday as id imagine sat would be 5-10cms also which would then tie in with the models

Ah yes. Totally forgot this was over Fri and Sat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Amber warning for Tamworth for overnight tonight and into tomorrow morning - wahayyyyyy!

Posted

Been skeptical over snow amounts is a waste of time!! there will be some localized areas that will have big falls

just like flash flooding you never know when and where it will happen,

but widely 10 to 15cm thats the forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

For those worried about rain and wet ground before it turning to snow. don't! We have really heavy rain and sodden ground last week before it turned to snow and really pummelled down with heavy snow for a few hours. this eventually led to snow settling everywhere, albeit very wet snow as the temperature was above freezing and the snow didn't hang around for long after the snow stopped. This event could be different though as the temperatures are forecast to drop as the snow moves through so any heavy snow falling will most definately stick even if the ground is wet to start with. Let's hope this is a snow event to remember for many years and a grand finale to this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i for1 not gona get my hopes up just yet until the met fully comes on bord. How ever good luck to those of u who r in the firing line for this event. I must say unbeleavable cinoptics for this time of year, well we all wanted a cold spring we getting 1 and what a contrast bitween this and last march.

Posted

Ohhhhh yes Snow Freak !!!!!!, I second thatcold.gif Brrrrring it on.

Forget about deacativating the Solihull midlands SNOW SHIELD lets blow it up and get buried..!!!!!!!!

Edited by dancer with wings