IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 4th April 2013 onwards

snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

There's only one........ wink.png

One is enough whistling.gif

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Tamara Road and Sunnijim. Whenever you are up that way ( North Seat/Firehills ) look out for my friend Lynn walking her dog 'Rye' and say hello from me. She knows me by the nickname Moley. Ive spent many a time walking that area when my health was better than it is now. Happy days.

Has anyone noticed a shortage of seagulls on the east coast in the last month or so because there is a proliferation of them here in my neck of the woods just lately. I reckon they must have been blown this far inland by the first easterly blast and have been struggling to get back 'home' against the prevailing easterlies ever since rofl.gif

7.2c here but with the nor' easterly still gusting at 30mph it certainly doesn't feel like it.

of course,if im up there with the goldies they demand i involve myself in converstion with any owner that takes their fancy! im sure we will come across 'Rye'

3c the high today,feeling like -1c in a cutting Northeaster,snow dieing out.

Edited by sunnijim

Posted

Yes, the fact that it happened when it did so late, made it even more specialsmile.png I only moved round here relatively recently, but a friend of mine who lives on The Ridge said that apparently the winter of 95/96 had deep snow drifts. But nothing too exciting since then till we got to to the recent winters from 09/10..and how things have changed!smile.png

The deep snow of early December 2010 would have prodcued enormous drifts if there had been a strong wind with it.

My God,that December 2010 fall with a Gale behind it would have resulted in the sort of scenes recently seen in North Wales,houses virtualy buried by drifts,im thinking of the coastguard cottages.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

My God,that December 2010 fall with a Gale behind it would have resulted in the sort of scenes recently seen in North Wales,houses virtualy buried by drifts,im thinking of the coastguard cottages.

Yes exactly!

It seemed such a waste at the time when at least a foot deep level powder snow vanished virtually overnight after an Alpine sub zero sunny day that had followed the snowfalls a few days earlierdoh.gif

Posted

Yes exactly!

It seemed such a waste at the time when at least a foot deep level powder snow vanished virtually overnight after an Alpine sub zero sunny day that had followed the snowfalls a few days earlierdoh.gif

Haha,i remember being devastated,if memory serves we held that fall of snow for 18hrs!,the thaw set in during the night.Think we got down to -10c by 9pm that eve before the SW winds started the drip drip a few hours later,wasnt ideal for us on the coast that particular cold snap. Edited by sunnijim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Haha,i remember being devastated,if memory serves we held that fall of snow for 18hrs!,the thaw set in during the night.Think we got down to -10c by 9pm that eve before the SW winds started the drip drip a few hours later,wasnt ideal for us on the coast that particular cold snap.

Think your memory sounds about rightsmile.png

The channel was actually a few degrees warmer back then than it is now. The sea temp here right now is surely colder than it has been for quite a number of years to start April. My last contact with the sea water was back at the end of October when I went to Camber beach with my German friend when she was visiting. Don't think I will be going in there for a paddle for a while yet this year though. Brrr!ohmy.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Apart from the cold wind that although much lighter than yesterday is still cold, it has been quite a nice day up here, more sun than cloud.

Top temp of 8.1°c and now down to 7.2°c.

The sun has encouraged these little blighters to start on my lawn, oh well, at least it will help with the mowing...

post-3080-0-71128200-1365178517_thumb.jp post-3080-0-93941300-1365178553_thumb.jp

Posted

Haha,i remember being devastated,if memory serves we held that fall of snow for 18hrs!,the thaw set in during the night.Think we got down to -10c by 9pm that eve before the SW winds started the drip drip a few hours later,wasnt ideal for us on the coast that particular cold snap.

That happened in Reigate as well that night... It warmed from -9.3c at 9pm to 1.4c at 10pm... The noise of the snow falling off the roof kept us up most of the night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Make sure you take your camera and post some scenic photos.smile.png It's a pity the Spring blossoms are non existent at the moment sad.png

I always take my camera, no scenic shots though today was all about the animals smile.png

Plenty of spring lambs though.....

post-10773-0-96422900-1365180859_thumb.jpost-10773-0-35460900-1365180878_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hoorah! The sun.

I think that's what all these creatures great and small were saying today....

post-10773-0-32180400-1365181160_thumb.jpost-10773-0-80764500-1365181175_thumb.j

post-10773-0-30842000-1365181260_thumb.jpost-10773-0-30741700-1365181285_thumb.j

post-10773-0-72711000-1365181355_thumb.jpost-10773-0-62377900-1365181392_thumb.j

post-10773-0-75953500-1365181423_thumb.j

Mini Me's quote of the day...."it's just like Wild at Heart here only colder" very true, but it was sunny and dry and warm as long as you were out of the wind !!

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I've a lovely walk home from the station tonight. Instead of using the grim pavements, I added an extra 15 mins to my walk home by going through the nature reserve. The wind has died down considerable, so it felt comfortable temp wise. I've seen numerous different birds, a badger and a family of foxes. Now that's what spring is all about. Have a great weekend all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Rrea00120060719.gif

Please just let this happen at some point between late June and August then I'll be a very happy bunny!

July 19th 2006 - 36.6c recorded in Wisley, Surrey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Although I've had enough of this dreary grey and cold theme,I'm not a fan of the heat in fact I hate it,22c to 25c is my limit,any more I turn into a heat raged overweight sweaty blancmange,not a pretty sight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

We never seem to get rhinos here anymore, even with the sun out.

Clouds are moving N.N.E today its a rare sight this year.

Posted

In the words of Victor Meldrew I don't believe it!!! yesterday I said I missed the snow because I was in bed after night shift and guess what we had a few short heavy snow showers today whilst I was again in the land of nod. Is there any chance of anything wintery this weekend?

Posted

Hi bp

Still in brandon

Coming back monday

Been doing a bit of looking around but mainly just enjoying a change of scenery

Ie being lazy :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Dolphins on Lowestoft Beach It was later found that they had committed suicide after walking through the town.

Anyone for soup?

Posted

Just the one full day left on the latest visit to North Pembrokeshire and we have been very fortunate in that we have had almost wall to wall sunshine each day for the last 8 days and it looks like more of the same tomorrow and in to Sunday. Of course it has never been warm but out of the wind and on the beaches where the sun reflects off the sea and the sand there has been enough radiation to give faces a glow, combined with the compelling taste of sea salt on the lips.

Won't be back here this year until the last week of August when it should be warmer but more likely wetter. Then back again in October when the Atlantic will probably be steaming in, seas churned, trees bending towards the north east, but perhaps the weather still giving us the odd lull when all is quiet, still and damp.

I love it here more than anywhere and the thought of leaving is harder than ever.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all smile.png

It's very quiet here at the moment.search.gif

Hopefully it'll be a going outside kind of day today.