Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th April 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Right well today is the first family BBQ of the year. Meat has been marinaded, sides lovingly prepared and puddings all ready to go.

Now for the summer dress and sunnies.

Weather don't fail me now!

Posted

Morning all,

Was very overcast yesterday, all day, but today I have clear blue skies and it feels warm already.

Out for lunch with daughter and son in-law. The only hard decision will be which beer garden to choose! drinks.gif

Posted

The sea fog in Brighton has retreated so that it is actually hugging the beach.  The view inland is clear.   In fact the fog is clearly something of an exhibitionist as it is sitting, brazen as you like, on the nudist beach!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The sea fog in Brighton has retreated so that it is actually hugging the beach.  The view inland is clear.   In fact the fog is clearly something of an exhibitionist as it is sitting, brazen as you like, on the nudist beach!

AS

Just when you feel like having a quick perv?acute.gif 

Posted

Morning all!

A very early sea mist has burnt back here to another sunny day with just a few clouds. A bit of gardening to do (cheap plants from a major supermarket) and a bit of bark to add to the borders and the rest of the day is mine. BBQ was delish last night so I might have to repeat it all again today.

If you fancy something a bit different to chill with today, can I highly recommend a new twist on an old Summer drink:

Pimms.jpg

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2013/04/special-edition-pimms-for-the-summer/

Again available at the biggest supermarkets and I got a bottle for £14 which should be the benchmark price.

Cheers!

drinks.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Just when you feel like having a quick perv?acute.gif 

It's 99.9% male!  Anyway with this amount of fog seeing anything would be a struggle!

Posted

Morning..a nice day yesterday, up to 14c with a foggy evening.

Woken this morning to more fog which has cleared in the last half hour to bright sunshine. Lets hope it stays away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Was very overcast yesterday, all day, but today I have clear blue skies and it feels warm already.

Out for lunch with daughter and son in-law. The only hard decision will be which beer garden to choose! drinks.gif

Morning all,

Hi, Jan, that's a tough decision you have to make there! Hope you have a lovely time.

Trying to type very quietly as my son is still sleeping downstairs in the lounge, mind you he is snoring!

Internal lift still not repaired after being told on Friday afternoon that an engineer would be here without fail, 9.30 Saturday morn.

No show, no phone call to explain why, the saga continues! 

Really lovely morning here in BR7, off to work in a mo. but at least will get to walk in the sunshine for a while.

Will probably start to feel a bit humid later on today and tomorrow. Rain still looks on course for Wednesday, will inspect the grass on Weds. morning but abandonment of attempted gardening looks odds-on now. Oh well!

Or as Doris Day once famously sang......

Hope you all have a lovely B/H Monday!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

I'm not impressed.................................full cloud cover again and it looks like it's here for the day nea.gif

Edited by Jan_Bromley

Posted

We gave up on Brighton because of the coastal sea fog and came home to Reigate to find...... extensive cloud cover!doh.gif

Much warmer here though, still ok for a BBQ later.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Erm, thick cloud cover? Sort it out. I can only hope it gets warmer as the day goes on, it's marginal light cardigan weather at the momentnonono.gif

Warm enough still for a BBQ, but still....

Posted

Beautiful here now, 20.4c and mostly clear blue skies

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Its been a stunning day here in hastings all day today .Got a bit of sunburn going on ,but feels so nice to have sun on the body rather than the warmth of a radiator ! great day for all the london to hastings bikers too .For those having bbqs later ,enjoy !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

We gave up on Brighton because of the coastal sea fog and came home to Reigate to find...... extensive cloud cover!doh.gif

Much warmer here though, still ok for a BBQ later.

AS

No sea fog here, sunny and pleasant!

Posted

It clearly melted away after we left.  From 6am when I was up (woken by the marina foghorn) to 11:30 when we left the fog varied between thick and thin.  We went for a walk at 10:30 up on the Downs near Whitehawk FC and from the high part there we could look back to Brighton and see the fog sitting over the town right by the coast!  Maybe you weren't up quite so early?

There was a fiendishly long queue of traffic heading into the city as we were heading out so I'm glad it brightened up for them and you smile.png

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hi each. Well, I've had a fabulous day at Alton Water having a lovely family picnic and games day. It was really hot bit some cloud cover later. Thought we may get some thunder but its clear now and sunny again.

Hope you've all had a smashing week end and let's all hope we get many more days like this to enjoy. :D

Posted

For those having bbqs later ,enjoy !

Will do, thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oh....I meant to mention....while at Alton Water, we heard one of these. A nightingale (yes....they do sing during the day) it was beautiful and so poignant and I recognised it straight away;

Posted

Evening all, hope you have all enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend. After a disapointing cloudy start here today, the cloud melted away and it's been lovely!

Now enjoying a lovely warm evening in the garden listening to bird song and breathing in the neighbours bonfire. Nice.

Posted

Lovely day here, tidied the garden and then took a walk through the local meadow. Sun was surprisingly strong and I'm now sporting a very red face.

Posted

hi all

i hope you had a good day

i have been decorating all weekend cray.gif

heres the fax update that i have

PPVE89.gif?31415

tomorrow

a very weak southerly flow

temps around 16-18 degrees

a slim chance of a shower in the far reaches of kent

other than that looks dry and sunny intervals

PPVG89.gif?31415

tomorrow night

a southerly flow

looks warm around 10 degrees

should stay dry until morning

PPVI89.gif?31415

wednesday

yuk

gusty west to south west wind

rain around and some heavy

temps around 13-15 degrees

PPVJ89.gif?31415

wednesday night

gusty south west wind

temps around 7-10 degrees

should stay dry

PPVK89.gif?31415

thursday

a strong south west wind

starts dry but some heavy showers late afternoon

temperatures around 12-14 degrees

update the rest later smile.png

Edited by john pike

Posted

The bit of Brighton Abruzzi Spur saw must have been somewhat unlucky. Eastbourne was bathed in sunshine.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

Evening all

Early evening BBQ now finished, 2 youngest children in bed, I'm now sitting outside having filled the BBQ with kindling and then a few small logs and the result is a mini patio heater burning away as I sip at a glass of red.  Noisy blackbirds are doing their own version of The Voice, there have been a couple of very good ones that I would happily accept on to my team.  No wind, pale blue sky brushed with slowly dispersing contrails and, to the west, silvery hints of cirrus with a pink tinge reminding us that the sun has only just gone.

AS

Posted

The bit of Brighton Abruzzi Spur saw must have been somewhat unlucky. Eastbourne was bathed in sunshine.

Seems so CR, though I saw on the TV news this evening that Bournemouth also had the sea fog/mist thing going on.

My father lived in and around Brighton for years and often talks of the 'Sea Fret' rolling in - as a cricket fan I know it is also talked of in the literature around Sussex CC and the impact it can have on the game.  We go to Brighton every 4 or 5 weeks and are lucky enough to have a part share in a flat there, so we get to see all sorts of weather, generally steaming in off the sea.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Evening all. There are actually some pretty good photo's of the 'sea fog/fret/haar' which affected parts of the South Coast today on the Daily Fail website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320103/Britains-blazing-Bank-Holiday-Sunseekers-country-flock-waters-edge-enjoy-temperatures-high-22-2C.html

According to one of the captions Brighton is on the east coast though.....??!!  Shockingly bad newspaper, and not just for weather stories.

Here in Northwood the cloud dispersed as the afternoon wore on, and it reached a very pleasant 21.7c. Hope you all had a good weekend. hi.gif