Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th April 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

its been a thoroughly miserable day here .Looking forward to monday sunshine & thorpe park woop woop .hope you all have a lovely bank holiday !

Posted

its been a thoroughly miserable day here .Looking forward to monday sunshine & thorpe park woop woop .hope you all have a lovely bank holiday !

Sorry to hear that. I definately dodged a bad weather bullet by not going down to Hastings this weekend then.. The forecast for Thorpe Park looks better. Enjoy !!

Posted

The sunset was quite spectacular in Reigate as well this evening... Whilst walking with Mrs Plum down the high street at around 8.30, I counted 4 people attempting to take pictures of the sunset with their phones!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Another beautiful morning here, not a cloud in the sky.

Temp is showing as 8.2° and a feel of a very slight nip in the air.

Posted

Not a bad day yesterday weather wise, odd shower, some sunny periods. Charlton won, unfortunately now I got to become a Brighton supporter for a couple of games. Beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky, off to see the grandchildren at my grandsons 6th birthday party, love these days, wind them all up, fill them up with coke and ice cream and let my daughters clear the mess up. I told them I would get my revenge for there past naughtiness when they where kids :-) its great being a grandad.

Anyone want to have a guess at the weather for next Saturday, followed by the bay of Biscay on the following for Sunday / Monday, off on a cruise to the canaries and long forward to 2 weeks of sun and sea, can't wait. From the seven day forecast it don't look to bad.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Beautiful morning here too in Chislehurst. I swear that grass is growing as I look at it! Cant be helped, will have to wait a bit longer. Off to work in a bit, for one of our busiest Sundays' of the year. Wish I was going racing at Newmarket, rather than the office in Croydon, should be a lovely day for it.

Helps keep the wolves from the door though, which is the important thing!

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Sunset May 4th 2013

Morning all!

It was a lovely sunset indeed yesterday evening which capped off what was a very disappointing day weather-wise. So hopefully the 'shepherds delight' last night will lead to minted lamb steaks on the barbie today and the sun is at least beaming out currently!

Temperatures yesterday reflected the generally poor B/H first day weather and the best that was achieved was 18.3°C in Cambridge. Hopefully we might see 20°C somewhere in our region today and I'm still going for Gravesend or Heathrow. I did see that the ITV weather were touting 22°C for the SE tomorrow - will be interesting to see if anyone gets near that!!

Posted

Right, low tide here later so I'm off to take a gentle dog-walk along the beach and maybe get my toes wet!

Posted

Morning peeps,

Cloud and sunshine with a chilly breeze. I have completely seized up after yesterdays garden workout. I think I will just have to sit in the garden with some vino and a good book.

It's tough but some-one has to do it wink.png

Posted

Was a nice early season Storm yesterday about 4pm here in Leigh On Sea, missed the hail but could see the core to my south - west, got about 30 rumbles with the Storm that tracked just due south of me, a nice start to the Uk Season!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's a perfect start to the day, over here...wall-to-wall sunshine and already 16C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

My daughter is getting desperate for 1st beach trip of the year, usually go to Bournemouth/sandbanks but not looking great for tomorrow. 14/15 at best, anyone want to take a punt on the best location for some reasonable heat for tomorrow??!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

The sunset was quite spectacular in Reigate as well this evening... Whilst walking with Mrs Plum down the high street at around 8.30, I counted 4 people attempting to take pictures of the sunset with their phones!

nice sunset here too, and a thunderstorm 1.30-2pm .

Posted

What's the obsession with living by the sea? Here are a few reasons today:

post-6667-0-19237000-1367771942_thumb.jp post-6667-0-24488400-1367771950_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-89168100-1367771956_thumb.jp 

The submarine Spaniel!

post-6667-0-97397700-1367771963_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-80041000-1367771969_thumb.jp post-6667-0-01500500-1367771976_thumb.jp

Go fly a kite

post-6667-0-78118600-1367771982_thumb.jp post-6667-0-30307300-1367771990_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Evening all,

Just home from a lovely relaxing day in the sunshine with friends in East Ilsley - lunch in the garden and way too much wine which took me the whole journey home to sleep off (good job I wasn't driving) 

Looking forward to a hot sunny one tomorrow when I will be mostly sunbathing in my own garden !!

Posted

Evening all

Had to ship out early today from Brighton to get back for an early start cricket match for the under 10s, annoyingly quite close to home in Reigate.  Dead easy journey first thing but getting back to Brighton took 2.5 hours which would have been tolerable after a victory but was less palatable after a comprehensive defeat!

Despite the loss, once we eventually got back here we met up with the rest of the gang and have been in the local gardens all afternoon catching the sun

A quick shot of tonight's view from the flat:

post-3098-0-17338900-1367786362_thumb.jp

Hope all are enjoying the weekend, particularly those amongst us that are working.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My mum has found my oldest brothers 1st birthday cards dating back 28 years from 1985. She hasn't seen them since a week after his first birthday when she put them away. It's sad to see cards from my grandparents, great aunts and uncles who have all passed away, when my mum left my room I shed a tear because I was so close to them all. 

She managed to find my arrival cards dating back 20 years, and my nan wrote out a letter and sent it to my parents 2 months before I was born saying she was excited to see me when I pop out. She died the following month of a heart attack and she never got to see me. It has brought everything back to me but just shows how fragile life can be. 

I can share this with you all, because I class you as my online family, you are all genuine people who look out for one another.

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

^^ Sorry to hear that PS and I agree it does seem like an 'online family' here. Quite unlike any other website or forum I have been on in that respect. All the best mate.

So.........now its an early morning/late night welcome from me, a direct result of sleeping difficulties. Well its still dark but the birds are singing away, I do like hearing the dawn chorus. It took a fair while for the sun to break through here in nw London on Sunday but it finally made it and eventually reached a fairly respectable 16.7c.

The prospects for today look even better, so enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday folks hi.gif

Posted

Hope all are enjoying the weekend, particularly those amongst us that are working.

AS

smile.png

Posted

Perfect storm, its amazing what small items bring back happy memory's, we have been clearing out recently and found receipts etc from our kids first holidays down in Cornwall, when the 2 girls where 3 and 18 months and the boy was a twinkle in my eye, now they are both in their 30's and parents and we are grandparents, where does the time go, still we / they have those memories of the hot sunny days, their first ice cream, the lost sun hat that drifted away in sea, the sand castles being knocked down by the waves, and the memory's of their grand parents.

As I said yesterday it was our grandson 6th birthday and a great time was had by all, nice day to sit in the garden and eat cake, one really funny thing happen our youngest grand daughter had her first experience of chocolate yesterday, you never seen such mess, or enjoyment, hopefully she will remember this and will be able to write about on the Internet in 30 years time, also hope she will forget about how her grandad managed to kick a ballon at her and hit her on the head and knock her over, it wasn't my fault she the hit her head on the door and got a big bruise. These are the thing of future memories and no doubt legends.

Sail away is looking good for Saturday, although the wind is forecast to be stronger than yesterday, which I suppose could mean the bay of Biscay could be rocking and rolling, we are not adversed to that, hopefully it should be warm down in the canaries when we eventually get there?

Beautiful morning a few wispy clouds, no wind and looks like it will be warm. Have a great day and for those who not working enjoy the bank holiday, for those that are working, well enjoy it as much as you can and ignore the miserable old gits who can only moan.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

blame me if it go all pants up first time  this year the shorts are coming out  , it wont stop raining now !!!

Posted

I was woken this morning in Brighton by the melancholy sound of a foghorn, and it's still going strong as we have thick sea fog here.  I imagine that a mile inland it's clear.  We are supposed to be having a picnic on the beach today but not sure conditions are right just yet!

AS