Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 14th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

huh thanks CC, you sure yo're not actually Dian Oxberry their. well I know I said the other day that you were more often than not right, but I can only hope. I'll stay up a bit longer. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

From the new update Barnstaple all the way to Norwich have heavy showers and the only gap is my area, keeping my eye on the cell off the north coast of France

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

yes Convective, I bloody hope it actually makes it this far, got a good feeling about this though tonight. don't know what to do though, want to stay up and watch what happenes with the line, but i'm in the collegerecording studio with a friend tomorrow so I want to get a bit of sleep. Oh well I guess I'll just go with the flow.

Ha. Well count me out ;) We wouldn't get a thunderstorm here if we had an Estofex Level 3 on top of us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Bright echo just off the north coast of france,one to watch too.

Posted

Just had some light rain here with really large drops. Sounded loud against the skylight window.No lightning or thunder though.

Just saw that on radar... always builds just outside of devizes! feeling very muggy, a shower would of been nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

i was going to sleep outside, but I forgot to put the tent up! very annoyed with myself!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

torrential rain here, absolutely peeing it down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

i was going to sleep outside, but I forgot to put the tent up! very annoyed with myself!

just sleep outside then,it's warm enough lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Can't see this line electrifying, NMM showed it pepping up and then dissolving over Northampton. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

huh thanks CC, you sure yo're not actually Dian Oxberry their. well I know I said the other day that you were more often than not right, but I can only hope. I'll stay up a bit longer. :-)

I actually think tonight and tomorrow are our best chance. After this the GFS and ECM both agree that the plume will not reach our patch unfortunately. Just looks like a mass of rain for Wed night/Thur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

that's not far from me AJ - it'll be trundling over the minety fields right now I bet - can feel the rain cooled air

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Nice line of thundery showers on the radar stretching from Devon up to the N Sea coast off Suffolk, this looks like the northern edge of the elevated warm moist plume advecting north ahead of the surface warm front now approaching the south coast.

Posted

hahaha like it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

High based storms in Norfolk are the biz :D  However, I just have this feeling of anti-climax already (too many lost opportunities probably!)  One day I will manage to get a lightning pic - as long as I get several storms to practice on, how hard can it be? Posted Image

Posted

Nice line of thundery showers on the radar stretching from Devon up to the N Sea coast off Suffolk, this looks like the northern edge of the elevated warm moist plume advecting north ahead of the surface warm front now approaching the south coast.

do you know how far north this band will reach nick?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Do you expect them to electrify because not much is happening right now?

Posted

Guys Estofex has released there forecast for tomorrow, there are some surprises!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well Estofex is depressing - not even a 15% zone!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

might be me but it feels like the closest we've got in the last 7 years to some proper heat is hot air going over the top of us 5000 feet up- I bet this spell wont be much different lol - still feels like we haven't properly got out of the march cold spell here on the ground. The least we can ask is some high level crapvection isn't it ? :)

Posted

Well Estofex is depressing - not even a 15% zone!!

Not even 15% surely the weather ain't that uncapable of producing some flashing lights...

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Torrential rain falling in MK from an elevated cloud layer, no lightning seen or thunder heard yet, but the rains getting heavier all the time, so it's a possibility it'll go boom soon i think, also gotten extremely muggy outside in the last hour, so im guessing the theta plumes made it this far north all ready.