Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 14th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Something about this makes me feel like it's not real or recent. The sun would have set a while ago in Paris, and it looks like the sun is low and in...the South East? I'm just a little sceptical...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZivWEtb86LwMf3tFXLv_1lRMGE3VqAd8hkHFaGX4ZIoHT8Bie75HtG-PRXaQ0MugTs-EriX5PsOTNc2Ch9MBanx0lqXUyo1mqf-3Y_1q8q3LJQ3KdXq_1OUSCUcXtMh1BulRirf9C6icRJHBUARanYr2xgdvwZ-wfXIo7uMO27N_1JJQKFKPuL0rn62xoJ_1S64PLRHtfEWy43Gh9uTGjfGquAYCK5cwwEppKf18F7AlmkWxii48nZfxPnY8xJ2NN24bSiu2Ah8II6voMAE1JsllXMGjt1EJ9l6MjFkp7JF243h06SugkDrbsx7f4UQtkkFHx7FilOUUOkwnDJcFhvnAKDzNoKCLo9pPrRzhTg5LYPdqj-ME7E6ga3esYeD0hAV6JxSBFCQF8_1rMdtTr5GXmfAvwsfXbjxbQKK6pBeneCagJkjxR3BWnA3WtUuBmQZzY1jdClhW544pi_1r80KcYDOYHXri6TA5DBgKBBgodEsNy_1hp_19LtXqSffla83SyXxkR_13LSu-1Kcqf_1f9EZhZ_1qL7rNSu-g5SL0bRhPpr-jYeNgrIxf-qkYChsWabiM0JF614AkMyO1wo5l0NNyWU6F-micISAjxydDzGAcTouLK7cpn4XOuvq362ZgRTKp-HQDS9OyQEzVFJpUP0GUXgDSBQa38TeoYXDv33ujSl2D_1RYd6xW1PHeIVHrEKVUw9vrvrBPsaZuGUw37hmxex3ca9KHUeMv9ee_1FsFBuRMGFL9sKAxp8rF_1u2B9uO37Qe-i2WfZ38G0PkvrLJx66yVQpB_1beTqb_15kr0PN3jimJUMYhMuJLYPXsbHbR_1hjybrGOJSemsj1Tf9mQYrd5Lujhu4FFi4yAEr_11UkB5ZdO8QLz9gT77zQaF7LhOg6lrOyXMaT9rG-5sJ3cromHOLyUo3IL6l8WKE0wFnTNq4kUHqQ4_13wqHIgXy3AkwN9DH2U3pXmuTxJJTLUIvfoxEyP1k6cmfGsvcQdgO5tbDT3BOZ7BHxMxFBRvlKUDy5BCEsBGfDSxlxbYxraDrppuNealaUmr_1_1ZgAldRVdg4SsJaGB2QXf7ssAUg7pF3T2zUZYTNJvFKxU8QY2zrh0qJmqfsPvzwdo3PlhqD8mMHfX3Wo6mTzfhNFcPvb3dQxxjing6R5u5woLuNLL9kfRiujzd83T9BJlRTTFkiAj0vLEgFyfl6Nbca6j95Ihr3ptsLyFHjn56w2T5s2P3nTgy2vjSzH2cUTHA96vv9f3EIks3cJhKsEzP_1f2RzEIyPtLo4Om7HeAKiGmx4v8p12CmtiSYNd6tgdxQkOZWc0kEiSOTuuaJklYTIeH7BdFtMCuvdyRKgzM-ScSaWCT_1tyf44rmJyhYSjFMGNtjmQ&btnG=Search%20by%20image&um=1&safe=off&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

ah probably just some sort of deformation band on the front of the plume - they don't look like cb's going up -

Posted

Something about this makes me feel like it's not real or recent. The sun would have set a while ago in Paris, and it looks like the sun is low and in...the South East? I'm just a little sceptical...

It was going around on a few French forums today, seems to be genuine, it was a large MCS that hit Paris this morning. Here is the link:

http://www.infoclimat.fr/photolive-photos-meteo-161434-cellule-matinale.html#photo6

Edit: more detail here. Posted Image

http://www.keraunos.org/actualites/fil-infos/2013/juin/orages-17-juin-2013-alerte-france-grele-pluie-vent-suivi-temps-reel.html

MCS/Supercell

Edited by dave48

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

although echoes north of reading now on the last radar update (raintoday.co.uk) - still think it was just wishful thinking though

Posted

It was going around on a few French forums today, seems to be genuine, it was a large MCS that hit Paris this morning. Here is the link:

http://www.infoclimat.fr/photolive-photos-meteo-161434-cellule-matinale.html#photo6

Ahhh morning does make a little more sense. I was just a bit incredulous that it would have been in the last hour or so. :)

Posted

Looks to be something huge over Paris on sat animation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Something developing now

post-15744-0-95279500-1371503288_thumb.j

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Looks like something home grown to the east of Exeter, seem to have popped up out of nothing... 

Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar - Netweather.tv

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Something developing now (I think)...

post-17320-0-15313900-1371503278_thumb.p

post-17320-0-61634000-1371503376_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Edit: more detail here. Posted Image

http://www.keraunos.org/actualites/fil-infos/2013/juin/orages-17-juin-2013-alerte-france-grele-pluie-vent-suivi-temps-reel.html

MCS/Supercell

That first site - just had a browse of the forums and found some photos one of the forums contributors took of that. Scroll down to post #485, it's a post by kristopoff. Thread here: http://forums.infoclimat.fr/topic/82221-suivi-du-temps-en-le-de-france/page-25

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

The following radar update concludes the development of the cell near Reading and Colchester and I expect Colchester might get something very soon!

Posted

MCS/Supercell

Don't confuse the two - It was an MCS

Posted

Driving back from 5 aside football tonight through Bean near the ghastly Bluewater shopping centre , I could see mid level development and cloud tops bubbling in a line North of London into Essex. That must be what has been showing on radar. Nocturnal cooling mabe at play?

Posted

returns on the radar now North of Reading and Towards Colchester... The start of home growns?

Fingers x'd this line will be the leading edge that the beeb are forecasting to move across into the Northwest by tomorrow afternoon. Very slow but significantly defined area of surface convection aided by forcing from the SW aswell as the thermal temperature gradient, looking outside in the peaks this evening we have clearing skies with defined ACCas lining up to the south.

The good news for tonight/tomorrow is that the sun will be up in 6 hours from now meaning nocturnal temps won't drop much below todays maximum as the warmer instability now makes its way into the southern Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Don't confuse the two - It was an MCS

Worth noting that MCS's can adopt super cellular characteristics as well as form tornadoes. Given the absence of any form of jet it is unlikely it was super cellular but may have had strong wind fields associated creating the super cellular looking striations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Is that Anaprop over Liverpool??????

Posted

Is that Anaprop over Liverpool??????

99.9% yes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

did someone just meantion my city!!! Well it's not raining here 6 miles to the north of Liverpool. That's probably the first tine Liver

pool's been meantioned on a convective thread for about 18 months I recan.

Posted

Humid air defo not arrived at low levels here yet, although clear signs of it at higher altitudes.

Am sure by wake up time tomorrow we'll feel that juicy energy ridden air :D

Edited by Harry