Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 14th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

best way is never to be too set on getting results imo, then its a pleasure watching a situation unfold, instead of a depressing let down. Very nice cell in the channel that's popped up! - looks to bea heading between Weymouth and seaton eventualy  -

Posted

Its bed time got to be up at 5:30 for work anyway so il have a look then good luck to everybody tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

There is a new band of ppn that's popped up from not's to whales.

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

There is a new band of ppn that's popped up from not's to whales.

Yeah, have to watch those whales, crafty buggers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Yeah, have to watch those whales, crafty buggers.

Whale watchers as well as storm watchers eh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

First line of ppn seems to be breaking up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Can't see this line electrifying, NMM showed it pepping up and then dissolving over Northampton. 

you was right PSPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Its nothing like a gipsy.

Think we can name Chance 1 as a bit of a did then.

Posted

Coming up to 3.40am now, absolute squat on the RADAR since that line fizzled out around 12.30am other than the occasional anaprop return its been pretty much watching anything on the IR and refilling the coffee mug. At least the sun will be up soon and getting work to those CAPE values.

Camera batteries charged and will have a quick nap from 5am before awaiting whatever today brings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Today is I would say the first day of several interesting day's of weather. The storm risk eve/tonight much higher than last night.

The FAX charts are admirable! ( if you like thundery warm/hot weather )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This mornings GFS run shows the inevitable shift east of tomorrows thundery potential and now looks to be only the SE that gets anything from it. Glad I didn't drive down to the SE last night for the no-show, thanks to those that advised me to stay put and hold off my trip until Wednesday. 

Possibility of something today closer to home here, will look through the charts now.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Just got woken by a very heavy shower, but no lightning, looks like things could be about to get interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Through today we should get some heavy showers setting off across England, as dew points rise to around 17-18 possibly risk of 20C, surface temperatures rise up to a very warm and humid feeling 21-24C in places those showers turning heavy, there is a risk that thunderstorms spark of as unstable air is in place and a fair amount of CAPE especially to east/se side of England say a line south of the Humber I think.

It going to get humid with warm nights. Hot for parts of the south particularly in the SE/EA mid-week.

Upper temperatures at 850hpa up to 15-16C(maybe 17C) as the warm plume moves up into SE/EA tonight, I am expecting some active thunderstorms to affect the southeast quarter of the UK, maybe further west and north were have to wait and see what happens tonight! I'm only stating the high risk zones here.

Wednesday night I expect to be more widespread storms across south UK moving into northern areas.

(some heavy local downpours have set off now in Dorset and S/W Hampshire looking at radar)

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

couldn't make it up. met office now going for a dry few days with guess what: Northwesterly winds!!! no heat for us then with an onshore breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

couldn't make it up. met office now going for a dry few days with guess what: Northwesterly winds!!! no heat for us then with an onshore breeze.

It does look like a total turn-around for the vast majority. N'ly winds and cloud :( May explain why Wednesdays thunderstorms are now not expected anywhere outside of London and the SE. Still time for it to change back I suppose. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

i know, it's stupid. Wrote on facebook that there was a chance of a plume with temps into the mid 20's, going to get bloody swamped by messages from people moaning about where the plume is and blaming me, as if I know better than the models. iI mean I did say a chance but people don't seem to understand the word chance it seems. You know who's fault this is don't you? Dyane "not to bad" bloomin Oxberry!!!!

Sorry rant over. :-)

Edited by Chris R

Posted

Someone give me my capitulls back please lol.

Posted

Hey CR, still a chance of change yet storms could yet get to your area this week the risk is there things change as have been nothing is set (apart from France is likely to get storms...now that really is set!)

Posted

well yes i'd like to hope so but i'm struggling to at the moment going by our luck. Oh well I suppose the best storms often come unexpectedly. We may get some elervated stuff maybe, just nothing surfice based.

Edited by Chris R

Posted

Here is some mobile phone pics I took last year to cheer you all up! 

post-11361-0-64242100-1371534360_thumb.j

post-11361-0-03443900-1371534363_thumb.j

post-11361-0-39971900-1371534365_thumb.j

post-11361-0-33850200-1371534373_thumb.j

post-11361-0-97768600-1371534376_thumb.j

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Chris.R, June 18, 2013 - deleted, posted twice
Hidden by Chris.R, June 18, 2013 - deleted, posted twice

Sorry posted twice, deleted. 

Edited by Chris R