Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Sun is starting to come through here now and the temperature is rising rapidly as a result, very humid now so it feels incredibly hot already.

Posted

Anyone in west mids or Wales confirm if it's still humid, or is it fresher air?

Sun is starting to come through here now and the temperature is rising rapidly as a result, very humid now so it feels incredibly hot already.

Ditto...DP nudging 18C, temps shall respond accordingly. Can see radar lighting up again later for some, perhaps even those who've more recently missed out? These slightly more isolated or less organised storms have potential to be pretty potent, slow-moving, frequent CG-CC lightning, small hail. Throw in the risk of local flash flooding.Not over yet by any means..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Its still feels humid out this way... hopefully it drops off now... if we are not going have storms out this way, at least let it be cool enough to get a good nights sleep tonight! 

Posted

Nick's issued a convective forecast here in case anyone hasn't seen it:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Nicks forecast seems to have confirmed that the air is still humid, much prefer the cold front risks as usually NW England does well from cold fronts cutting into humid air.

Posted

Not over yet by any means..

Oh aye not by a long shot, if the cloud here clears completely for the afternoon sun then I wouldn't be surprised to see a supercell or two forming by evening, it feels like a Florida morning here now and this mornings storm has dropped a lot of surface water which will further aid any development.

Posted

Looks like more storms/heavy rain heading towards Grantham, for the 43rd time today :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

My davis just recorded a new record of 18.9 dewpoint...is that any good for storm development?....has been a right let down here so far.

Posted

26.2mm of rain fell in 1 and 1/2 hours during the thunderstorm over Darlo this morning

Amazing the localised nature of thundery rainfall,had 5 minutes of rain here which hardly wet the ground

and not seen any lightning or heard any thunder.

The day is young though.Posted Image 

Posted

sat24 showing some clearance to the south across Wales and central areas. With the instability in place it shouldn't be too long before things get going again, around 8pm last night the first storms in the Midlands initiated so i'm expecting more/less what the MetO are predicting and going for a 4pm initiation of the first TCu towers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Amazing the localised nature of thundery rainfall,had 5 minutes of rain here which hardly wet the ground

and not seen any lightning or heard any thunder.

The day is young though.Posted Image 

We had the lot here thunder and lightening more rain is moving out of Yorkshire into our region but its loosing intensity thankfully we had enough rain this morning with localised flooding in the town

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Finally!! my first thunder heard so far at work in Camden.

The one man storm shield has been weakened LOL. How I have managed to dodge them so far has been miraculous!

Posted

1st post here.

Quite a storm over here this morning at 6am, made me join this forum.

A lot of newbies in today, welcome to you all and enjoy the weather - whatever!

Posted

sat24 showing some clearance to the south across Wales and central areas. With the instability in place it shouldn't be too long before things get going again, around 8pm last night the first storms in the Midlands initiated so i'm expecting more/less what the MetO are predicting and going for a 4pm initiation of the first TCu towers.

Was a bit worried about that clearance over central areas,however dewpoints are

widely 18-20c within that zone,so expecting some more developments there to go

along with all the other activity across the UK at the moment!

Another newbie herePosted Image I've been tapping into your knowledgeable forecasts for over a year and want to thank you all for sharing your passion. My business/life revolves around hail as we travel the world repairing damaged vehicles. Last year we repaired over 2000 from the Leicestershire storm on June 28th. I do have a wider passion other than storms damaging peoples property and I was too driving around the cells yesterday until 3.30 am chasing the amazing light show we had. I have very basic knowledge of the system producing these storms but am learning every day from you guys. Thanks & good luck with todays chases, Hail or no Hail Posted Image

Posted

NMM Total total index pans out like this for the next few hours:

Posted Image

However given the conditions and fast moving nature of things today, it may just be best to stick to radar!

Posted

Did look like that the MCS which caused all the havoc down south was going to stay strong as it came up to our shores but it weakened quite dramatically (although we did get a few rumbles and flashes)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sun been out for most of this morning after a dull start - very warm and more humid than yesterday. I'm hoping for some surface-based storms next time as last night's elevated lightning fest, although highly impressive, half the lightning hasn't been picked up on my video camera.

Posted

Need the storms coming out of northern france across the channel to move due north if they're going to affect the SE and the E/NE of England.

Only using the met radar on my phone but they seem to be moving NE and look like going into the North Sea :(.