Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The heavens are going to open here any time now, some lovely cool air wafting through my living room now.

Big flash and bang just ! I can feel the electric in the air..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Is it safe to put the washing out?

Yes if you want to put it on another rinse cycle Posted Image

Posted

You would think we would be used to it now, but no always a disapointment 

haha yep, its always to the east or west of us, i think brum to the welsh border always seem to effectively be a no exciting weather zone. 

Posted

Flood reports Coventry area? Seen some photos of it on twitter. Must be quite severe if over an inch in half hour or so!

I can confirm that we've had almost exactly 1" of rain in the past hour or so (1/2mm over), and it's still raining now :-0 There will be alot of flood reports tomorrow.

I can also hear the neighbour in his garden talking about his roof is leaking...poor sod!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The pavement is almost wet here! very exciting as usual.

We haven't even got wet pavements here lol

I can confirm that we've had almost exactly 1" of rain in the past hour or so (1/2mm over), and it's still raining now :-0 There will be alot of flood reports tomorrow.

I can also hear the neighbour in his garden talking about his roof is leaking...poor sod!

Meanwhile back in bland Crewe we have full cloud cover and not even damp anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well parts of Telford have a power cut, don't know if it's weather related though 

Even the electric's had enough of the lack of storms.

Probably got fed up of people flicking their lights on and off in an attempt to at least recreate some lightning :D

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

8.00mm of rain here since it started falling from about half past seven onwards. Will be interesting to see how much we end up with.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

haha yep, its always to the east or west of us, i think brum to the welsh border always seem to effectively be a no exciting weather zone. 

Oh come on, have you already forgotten Tuesday?

Drove through some torrential rain near Shrewsbury around 4.30pm....

Anyway looks like lots of rain tonight and thundery potential tomorrow. Charts beyond look very exciting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

8.00mm of rain here since it started falling from about half past seven onwards. Will be interesting to see how much we end up with.

Bish

17mm of rain here, still raining moderately hard so I expect that will rise. Had to run the gauntlet of snails. They're loving it.

Posted

triple_x1, on 27 Jul 2013 - 20:31, said:Big storm from nowhere just west of Belper..some more thundery pulses just develop seemingly within minutes!

That would be the storm hitting me right now! It's fantastic. The rain isn't super heavy but it's more or less a direct hit! Plenty of lightning.(I probably should've changed my location since I've spent half of July visiting family and friends; I'm about 300m up in the White Peak, near the Derbyshire/Staffordshire border)

Posted

We were never really forecast to have any thunder and lightning in this area, so not particularly disappointed. My garden plants are loving it though. Should have a better night sleep tonight. It feels a lot cooler now. Who knows what might throw up this week. Talk of a better plume set up than this one towards the middle/end of the week.

Posted

Anyway looks like lots of rain tonight and thundery potential tomorrow. Charts beyond look very exciting.

I must admit, I haven't paid much attention to the charts beyond this event for some reason. Is the potential for the entire region, Blizzy?

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I must admit, I haven't paid much attention to the charts beyond this event for some reason. Is the potential for the entire region, Blizzy?

Bish

Well nothing set in stone but charts playing around with another plume event. ECM is against this more so though. This would be for mid to late next week.

Posted

Oh come on, have you already forgotten Tuesday?

Drove through some torrential rain near Shrewsbury around 4.30pm....

ok fair point about tuesday, still was a complete rarity in the grand scheme of things!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I swear I can hear distant rumbles

I heard 4 rumbles in total, but around hour ago, unlikely now though, not bin day so you might

Posted

a summer version of a christmas carol? except the weather gods of thunder, snow and anything remotely exciting are playing tricks on ya Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Having thunder here, haven't seen any of the flashy stuff though.

Posted

That's my stomach, had a bad pint last night.