Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

14.1mm so far, very heavy rain..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Anyone else having problems with the radar?

Try the one with... /mobile.. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile .......works better Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

The best I could get earlier (7:49pm) was this...

Posted Image

It's gone quiet now and just medium/heavy rain outside.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The best I could get earlier (7:49pm) was this...

Posted Image

It's gone quiet now and just medium/heavy rain outside.

Wow! Where in Warks is that please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Pretty heavy rain here!

Posted

All I can say is, is im glad i bought the washing in.............

17.1mm so far and it's still lashing it down, Have all windows open, it's like a dream come true !

All I can say is, is im glad i bought the washing in............. 17.1mm so far and it's still lashing it down, Have all windows open, it's like a dream come true !

If only we had a screaming northeasterly now..in Jan :) snowmageddon alert.Yes, fair to say it is heavy useful rain, second time this week although I feel this is more likely to overshadow the last by some degree.

Posted

If only we had a screaming northeasterly now..in Jan Posted Image snowmageddon alert.

Yes, fair to say it is heavy useful rain, second time this week although I feel this is more likely to overshadow the last by some degree.

If only !, Im starting to get that Winter feeling now.. 

Extreme rain here continues, so refreshing..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Heavy rain here in Stoke and no sign of anything stormy. Minor flooding will be the issue if this carries on...but i did expect more imbedded storms in the system. any chance of activity picking up or is it staying out east?

Posted

moderate rain here and 13mm so far, the met office have us down for heavy rain all through the night, can't see it to be honest? chance of some storms tomorrow mind

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Wow! Where in Warks is that please?

I took that from my room in Atherstone (CV9) - facing North East.

Posted

Its been raining heavy now for a number of hours and at the moment its torrential and looking now on the radar here most of its gone through and on its way north,

Been a bit disappointed with ye old thunder and lighting, heard a little thunder from time to time but that's about it, can't moan to much, Some had none.

Posted

Havent posted this evening as i have been out, heard a few rumbles and saw some sheet lightening (i think around 8pmish as i didnt have watch on me) now there is still heavy rain, and i have walked a good 2 miles in it since around 10:30, maybe because im mad but i love to get out and enjoy the weather, also there is alot of standing water around these parts! anyone inform me if there were any storms in the south earlier?

Posted

Still horrendous out there, sheer amount of rain now quite mad....if not slightly unnerving!

Had what you are having just under an hour ago 'torrential', Unnerving! nah LOVELY to watch Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Bucketing down here still. The intensity is the talking point but no problems yet...though we are now under an Amber watch.

Bit quiet in two-word story hehe..

Manic still, easily knocking on 50mm for some by dawn..poor lass!

Had what you are having just under an hour ago 'torrential', Unnerving! nah LOVELY to watch Posted Image

Back edge kinda north Dorset way..edit? Edited by triple_x1

Posted

Just had another heavy burst, quite intense Posted Image and it keeps on coming up from the Bristol way, At this rate its going to be all night for some.

Posted

Just had another heavy burst, quite intense Posted Image and it keeps on coming up from the Bristol way, At this rate its going to be all night for some.

Yes, I thought we'd be in the clear by now, but judging by the radar everything to our south and west is still heading broadly our way - rain for at least another couple of hours I reckon.

20.75mm in the past five or six hours with plenty more to come.

Bish

Quite a defined edge or clearance N of Bristol now, easily another couple of hours, albeit steadily rain will diminish...oh look some showers now Dorset way?

I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record hehe..still a stupid amount of rainfall is a falling right here right now. Totals yet to be confirmed.

Ps, need a couple more takers..true false game, lounge? Ta.

Edited by triple_x1

Posted

Best rainfall for a long time here, down the bottom of the hill here lays an island with a few shops/takeaways, the carpark was under a good cm of water when i passed through at around 11:20, id hate to imagine the state now with this jeavy rain continuing to fall, the drains down towards the shops were all overflowing and water was passing down the hill like it was a stream