Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

TX1 Remember this from three days ago, Well what can say but spot on Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

It's been raining non stop for over 8 hours and no thunder whatsoever. Absolutely shocking even by Shrewsbury standards- why can't we get a storm here anymore?

I've been asking myself the same question for a few years now. I believe we are in a weather pattern that we need to get out of. We don't get storms anymore like we did in the 90s. Something will change. Eventually........

Posted

Morning all, optimistic we may get a few potent showers driven in today, looks like they are already getting going in south wales so anyone could catch them as they increase during the day. Fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Ended up with a reasonble 20mms of rain here last night.

Very good for the lawns.

I am playing in a golf match this pm so I will be watching the skies very carefully.

I would love a storm as long  as I am close to the clubhouse!

Good luck to evryone

MIA .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Rainfall total here from yesterday's event: 23.5mm Not too shabby!

Morning all, optimistic we may get a few potent showers driven in today, looks like they are already getting going in south wales so anyone could catch them as they increase during the day. Fingers crossed!

Hi, yes looking pretty good today..areas of heavy showers and thunder almost anywhere, perhaps more prevalent in the S and W of the region at first, risk area transferring across later. Already some quite meaty CBs floating around, radar could get quite colourful a little later today. Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

An intense blob of thundery precipitation over South Wales appears to be slowly heading our way. Can see some threatening clouds away to the SW of here.

Posted

Posted ImageWell judging by the glass that I left out as an impromptu rain guage, the Bedworth area had 2" of rain last night, one of which fell in one hour!!!

The rain was horrific though , lots of flash flooding.

Posted

Posted ImageWell judging by the glass that I left out as an impromptu rain guage, the Bedworth area had 2" of rain last night, one of which fell in one hour!!!

The rain was horrific though , lots of flash flooding.

ive always wondered about doing that, but wouldnt there need to be a designated circumferance of the glass because if its really wode then it would take more water to fill ot up to 2" than a narrow one?

Posted

It shouldn't do, it'd be the same level whether it be a 2" glass or a football pitch.

It's that the sides are straight and not tampered which is the main thing

Posted

It shouldn't do, it'd be the same level whether it be a 2" glass or a football pitch. It's that the sides are straight and not tampered which is the main thing

ah i think i know why i thought different, for some reason i was juat imagining there being one flow of water (sort of like one drop in the same spot) not sure if you understand me but i understand now!

Posted

Getting quite blustery out there.

North-west sky is looking quite messy as things develop there, but that will scoot off somewhere else. However, it's all eyes on the south-west at the moment and that area of thundery showers. Sky is just full of convection right now. I'd be really surprised if we didn't get something by the end of the day here.

Posted

Some intense little pulses in that lot to the southwest. A bit hit and miss for who will get the heavy stuff. And like you say, flashes and rumbles all mixed in to. Will pass over quick though...although all that will do is clear the air so the next lot can develop!

Hehe..nice area of lively showers Stoke way or just east of Crewe! No you couldn't make it up Posted Image

Small area Shawbury too, moving at some pace though - perhaps a flash and few rumbles most we can expect, better than naff all..

Some intense little pulses in that lot to the southwest. A bit hit and miss for who will get the heavy stuff. And like you say, flashes and rumbles all mixed in to. Will pass over quick though...although all that will do is clear the air so the next lot can develop!

Nice returns Malverns way? Seems your best bet at this stage Gord. Can these be classed as popcorn storms, once they pop they can't stop :) or is that Pringles lol.

Posted

Nice returns Malverns way? Seems your best bet at this stage Gord. Can these be classed as popcorn storms, once they pop they can't stop Posted Image or is that Pringles lol.

Lol!

The nature of them weakening and strengthing means anyone of us could get something tasty out of it. Sometimes, the radar can be misleading. You think you've got one of the intense bits heading towards you when it suddenly dies only for another bit of it to suddenly explode. Love it when it suddenly intensifies on top of you though!

I love this kind of weather. Blustery thundery showers is something we're quite good at in this country. Will never have the dramatics of a European style MCS but can still be quite punchy.

...and there's a lot more racing in off the south Welsh coast.

Edited by Gord

Yup..random as you like. Probably best to sit tight, been here before? Headed out, took a slight detour, aim for a spot..meanwhile back home..you've guessed it! Torrents, lightning, booms...to rub salt, hail.

I guess the main Mids conurbation will get the main course, again, as for the rest lol..scraps :)

Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Can these be classed as popcorn storms, once they pop they can't stop Posted Image or is that Pringles lol.

Hopefully they'll be tasty little buggers,,,,Nice and intense and give a right good kick..... Chilly storms anyone !!!

Posted

Think the Worcester one might just graze to my east. Looks like it's going to give central Birmingham and upwards towards Lichfield a bit of a show...if it holds together. Thankfully, I have an amazing view to my east so should look good.

Tons of opportunities out there this afternoon.  I'm not moving anyway!

Absolutely tons of development to my north-west. The north Midlands and the north west should get a lot of good stuff out that.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Arms twisted hehe...see an area intensify between Kiddy and Stourbridge...Gord are you receiving, over Posted Image

Don't have a such a good view of the south-west...but certainly some dark clouds there now!